Reviews for Rivendell Years
delumacar chapter 4 . 12/29/2004
Its great, it made me laugh. Update soon, please.
IwishSan chapter 3 . 10/30/2004
Aw...it's so cute! Estel called Elrond "Uncle"! How does Estel address Elladan and Elrhoir? Lol. Keep writing!
sielge chapter 4 . 10/30/2004
How sweet! I enjoyed your new chapter and Gilraen's new name...
Estel A Duath chapter 4 . 10/29/2004
Le hannon. that's funnier than elrond swiping arwen's dresses. saes continue.
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 10/29/2004
A very sweet chapter,you depict young Estel very realistically.I am so pleased you are enjoying my work too as I much appreciate your comments
elitenschwein chapter 3 . 10/20/2004
Interesting story, it's quite rare to have Gilraen in a story and I've never seen any with "AU"-Gilraen (blind) but I like it... it's different. I hope you will put some more humor in it? Sure, the beginning isn't very approbiate for humor but maybe later? That'll be great. Btw, I just love your little Estel! Looking forward for more.

(sorry for any mistakes, I'm german and not very good in english)
grumpy chapter 3 . 10/20/2004
See Estel is beginning to like the big scary elf, all he had to do was smile. Plus being big enough to scare away the monsters did help. looking forward to more
Estel A Duath chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
Aww that's so cute Saes continue :~) Le Hannon.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
This was delightful and very true to life for a young child.

Thank you so much for all your very kind reviews which I greatly new story is coming soon and i look forward to more of this one.
Estel A Duath chapter 2 . 9/30/2004
Le hannon for putting my response down. such a prop mellyn nin saes continue
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 9/30/2004
I enjoyed this and will add you to my updates list. I agree things can't have been easy for Gilraen with Elrond.
sielge chapter 2 . 9/30/2004
Here you has another beautiful chapter! So Strider is the nickname that Gilraen give to Aragorn. Why not? After all, this is the name that he choses for his hous when he become king!
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
I read the summary for this and I was curious so I decided to read on - and I wasn't dissapointed! This was outstanding and I'll be watching it closely to make sure I get all the updates!

I'm very glad you decided not to kill of Gilraen. It always puts me off the stories when she ends up dead because it seems like the easy way out and they then take a very unrealistic view of the coping of a parentless toddler. Anyway enough of that rant.

I loved the characterisation of Gilraen as vulnerable yet independent, and Aragorn as a boy who realises his place as man of the family. I liked the originality of having Glorfindel as patient and Erestor riding out to find the little family.

I'm rambling on a bit am I not! But I loved this story because it covers familiar ground but yet it's different and you've actually thought about what you want to write and how to make it interesting rather than spitting out another fic that was the same as all the others! Fantastic! :)
Earendil Eldar chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Excellent fic! Really surprised to see Gilraen living... how's that for a change. Also, your description of blindness is really clear. I knew from the first paragraph that she was blind in your fic from the way you described the sounds of things, and also that Glorfindel explicitly tells her which door it is. Very well done.
sielge chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
This was beautiful! I hope that you will write more soon!