Reviews for Regrets
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
There is no atonement for what Kenshin has done, only helping people to even the balance - and the rebirth, to pay some more. Wonderful, thoughtful story.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Very nice painting of this scene, and satisfying "save" at the end, giving us a hint of what awaits him. I wonder if he himself "got it" at all beyond just her message to "seek it"?
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I went back to read your old stuff. I did like how you had Tomoe bring Kenshin to his vow in a very direct way. And congrats on avoiding the "A" word.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
one suspects a premonition of future events.

i was checking authors' profiles as i am apt to do, and i noticed that you also had written pieces for my favorite fandom (rk) as well as my second favorite (iy)!

*skips off to read more 'rk' fanfics*
Nooz chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Oh, this is very nice rendering on one of the many life-changing moments of his life (funny how thier all kinda clumped togther in his very early years, isn't it?) I always did wonder how Kenshin got off his butt to actually begin to think about life after Tomoe, and how he managed not to go crazy. This answers that question.

I also like how you made parallels with that dagger. The same dagger that left Tomoe's mark on Kenshin's cheek was what he was going to use to end it. And then there was the whole Ghost!Tomoe thing, and that was tastefully done. Too often authors have her some back to bash her. Not that I like her more than...well, anybody...but still. She's important, no matter how much I want to brain her with her own diary. It was a friggin' WAR, man! What, dids he expect it to have no casualties? Yes, Kenshin killed her fiance, but that's what happens in war! People DIE and there's not really anyone you can blame for it. (Well, you CAN blame Kenshin, but it wasn't as though he took pleasure in disecting people for a living...)

*ddep breath* Yes, I think Tomoe is a darned fool. I can't help it. And yes, I like Kaoru better then her. Besides, Kaoru DID jump in front of Kenshin when he was facing annihilation of his own soul/certain death (volumes 7 and 28). Jeez, it's not HER fault she didn't die.

I've gone off on too far a tangent, so I'l say that your ficlet was excellent and the fact that you didn't use "atonement" is praiseworthy, indeed.
nebulia chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
"Not once in this entire fic did I use the word 'atonement', probably the single most overused word in Kenshin ficdom...and no, 'oro' doesn't count... Anyway, considering the subject matter, I'd say that's an accomplishment... "

Oh, but you forgot about 'amber.' Really, if I had a nickel for every time I read that word in this fandom...*sigh*

Yay KK! I dunno...Tomoe always seemed a little...fishy. She never smiled (unless she was dead. Volume 25, anyone?). That was disturbing.

But anyway, I liked it. Also, the fact that you didn't use 'atonement' and yet had a perfectly wonderful !Kenshin fic was impressive, to day the least (it gave me hope for the fandom. *digs out the thesaurus*). I liked it. XD
DestinyManifested chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
This was very cool, definitley put it in the good pile! .~

Oh, and can you tell me what link I go to to find The Ad by sailor-scribe? I still don't know why they took it off of this, but I noticed you mentioned it. Now I'm off to read your other stories!

Can you email me isis2imani

Thanks
PraiseDivineMercy chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
"Seek it among the fireflies" indeed... _x I like this. Kenshin is perfectly in character, and I like that there is peace between the two pairings.

Excellent description and imagery as well.
Fireblade K'Chona chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Good, good, very, very good! I like!

Wonderful...good pile, DEFINITELY!

Kenshin is kyoot. _
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
What a wonderful story! You have crafted a well-written scenario, with beautiful imagery. The image of Kenshin - collapsed next to Tomoe - with his hair spilled across the floor, was simply breath-taking. I also enjoyed the way you brought Tomoe back to rescue Kenshin. This is a very thoughtful, poignant scene. I have put you on my Favorite Authors List, and am looking forward to reading more of your works. Thank you for all the effort you put into your writing!
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
I liked it. Nice! _ ((Heh, yeah, I guess atonement IS a word overly used in RK fandom... I never really noticed it until now.)) I liked the last line too. It was just cool. XD Cyz!
Miko Kagome Archer chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
it's good but it shouldn't be a one-shot