Reviews for Monica On Her Own
alodia84 chapter 35 . 3/6/2018
Awww! Thanks for this! It's kinda sad you didn't continue (?). But it was good enough. I mean actually more than enough. Thank you for staging and restaging Monica's pre-Friends. There is still a gap but I can just live it to my imagination. Basically everything was mostly covered. No. I guess everything was covered. It's just a matter of time before Paul the wine guy ask her out and Rachel ran inside Central Perk on her wedding dress. Thank thanks many so many many thanks! *off to Friends rewatch marathon*
alodia84 chapter 16 . 3/5/2018
I love the premondler bits to this fic as much as i did with premondler bit of the early seasons! Thanks... oh and im too lazy to comment on previous chapters but I love how you wrote pheebs. She is just so wonderful ain't she?
alodia84 chapter 8 . 3/5/2018
Awww i love this. I always love phoebe and monica moments and this firat encounter is such a sweet gem! Thanks!
alodia84 chapter 5 . 3/4/2018
Awww this is a great chapter. This is exactly why my bias is Mon. I so can relate to everything about her and this chapter just nailed it!
alodia84 chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
Thank you so much for thi fic. I'm a big Monica sucker. I love how you wrote this and I'm way too excited to read the next chapters.
Lavenderangel chapter 35 . 1/26/2014
Oh man, this fic has been so, so fun to read. You left it in quite a good place, all things considered. you have written the group dynamic forming wonderfully, and I loved that Monica still occasionally thinks of Rachel.

I also like the special attention you place on Monica and Chandler. The idea that they both would have considered dating each other over the years makes perfect sense, and I love the way they take care of each other. This was such a lovely, quiet story overall. thank you for writing as much as you did. I don't think a better tribute to Friends is possible.
Lavenderangel chapter 12 . 1/26/2014
Something I'm really enjoying about this fic is your far more thoughtful Chandler. Sitcom logic dictates that he has to be almost acerbic, and I love how you've expanded upon that. His easy friendship with Phoebe is really nice, and he's incredibly perceptive in general. I'm not sure show!Chandler would necessarily be that way, especially so early on, but I'm still loving this interpretation.

The Ross and Monica fight was great. I love that you're addressing issues that would have inevitably come up, if Friends were a different show. There's so much unresolved conflict between them. Finally, poor, poor Monica. I just want to give her a hug. She's trying so hard.
Lavenderangel chapter 5 . 1/26/2014
I rarely review fics that have been discontinued after this long, but this chapter is spectacular. Kip is just the right amount of cocky and self-involved, and Chandler is a wonderful mix of unsure and self effacing. The breakfast scene in particular was a great contrast.

But beyond both of them, we have Monica. Oh, Monica. This chapter has given her more depth than possibly all the seasons combined. Of course, it's hard to show characters genuinely unhappy on a sitcom, but the more I rewatch the show, the more I sympathize with her. Her kissing a stranger felt perfectly in character, and I was surprised it didn't progress further. I have a feeling this is only going to get more bittersweet from here on out, especially since it's abandoned. Still, i wanted you to know how great your spin on the characters is.
Prof-the F.R.I.E.N.D.S fanatic chapter 35 . 7/12/2013
Wow...

You've done such a good job writing this that I'm incredibly disappointed that its not finished. But it was about seven years ago that this was last updated, so I guess there's not much hope in it being finished, which truly is a shame. Anyway, I loved it while it lasted, and you have an incredible writing ability. Sometimes I regret reading unfinished stories from years ago, but I don't regret reading this one; I truly enjoyed it.
Kate56 chapter 35 . 8/2/2007
I don't know if this story is still being updated but I just finshed it and I loved it. Very enjoyable!
Nikki chapter 35 . 3/3/2007
Please update this again soon. It's an awesome story, and it makes me sad to see that it hasn't been updated in so long.
jennied chapter 35 . 4/16/2006
I really enjoyed the latest update; I loved the explanation for why Phoebe ate the pâté! I sense Phoebe is being a little ‘off’ with Monica, is this part of her trying to phase Monica out? (As noted in TOW Ross’ Tan)

Anyway I really like your chapters when you write about the things that we never saw on screen (i.e. in flashbacks) I just think you manage to capture things really well and keep all of the characters in character! You really excel at these parts and you do a really great job writing pre-friends stuff. This is definitely one of my favourite Friends fics, I love it.

Looking forward to more updates! Well done!
rachgreengeller chapter 35 . 4/13/2006
i so enjoy this story as you go into detail before we learned to love the friends. in fact you are the inspiration of my two stories forever friends and also looking for something else... which i hope you have read since they were inspired from this. i can't wait until we get to the ross and the end of the marriage and modern times.
jennied chapter 34 . 3/31/2006
I'm glad you're updating i really do love this story!

I liked this latest chapter but can't wait for you to start writing about the things that we didn't actually see on screen, i really am looking forward to that!
Lara Cox chapter 34 . 3/30/2006
I can't wait to see what happens in that year!

please... continue with this GREAT fic..

Lara