Reviews for Happenstance
12BlueRoses chapter 6 . 10/9/2014
Gorgeous tale you've woven here. I love the way you mapped out their non-superhero lives. And I always figured Remy would be an awesome father. It's adorable to see him doing the Mr. Mom thing like it's the most natural thing in the world. The grandpoppy way you portrayed Magneto had me giggling aloud... And I was in the break room so it was a good thing I didn't have too many co-workers around. Such an interesting twist at the end there, I can just hear the ominous organ music playing in the background. Which leads me to the question: what the hell kinda woman leaves that sexy ass Cajun?! All due respect to Rogue, but if Remy's looking for another baby-momma, I volunteer ;) Can't wait to see what happens next.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 6 . 9/4/2014
Remy is a badass dad
Guest chapter 6 . 9/3/2014
Remy is just the coolest dad. :) His kids are adorable!
kitsuK8 chapter 6 . 9/2/2014
Wow, I've never seen a chapter posted so quickly after I asked for one ;) Thanks for the update, glad to know that the fic is still moving forward!
Ludi chapter 6 . 9/2/2014
Ooooh... and the plot thickens! O.O

Interesting to see how all the characters are without the superhero dynamic. I probably said that before, but... it's great to see what they'd all be doing if they were 'normal', and you do a great job working the fact that they have so little in common. I laughed at Magnus being an 'old man' - so funny when you think of the whole Rogue-Magneto thing that went on in the comics (what even was that?). It's amusing that the only one who doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot is Raven - typical psychopath!

Just a couple of things - you really need to use the divider tag to divide the sections out, as it was a bit confusing at first to figure out when you were changing perspectives. In the end it's easy enough to work it out, but just for the sake of clarity, y'know? Also, there are a few spelling mistakes here and there, but that's no biggie.

Otherwise ... OHMIGOD, YOU UPDATED! I'm still in shock! *faints*
Ludi chapter 4 . 9/2/2014
OMG, hon! You updated! And we finally get a window onto the past, like, how many years on? What the hell, I'm just glad you're updated. And it's cool to know how Rogue and Remy parted and why they walked such divergent paths in the end. Now I'm going to read some more! :D
KitsuK8 chapter 5 . 8/31/2014
So so so wish this story could be updated. Its original and I need original at this point. Would love to see how everyone reacts to Remy being the only one to settle down.
BlkDiamond chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
Enjoyed the story and hope hou plan on continuing.
Hawaiichick chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
Great chapter! It's always interesting to see Remy in a father role...and you have written him really well. Poor guy, he handled being stuck in a train station with three active kids really well. I wonder how they will adjust to living in the mansion. Can't wait for more.
Ludi chapter 5 . 10/4/2009
Well, you have to update now. It's mandatory now that you've got this far. Come on, you know you want to. I know I want you to at the very least ;p

I was a bit confused at first with the switch around, thinking at first that I was suffering from a weird case of deja vu, but I think it works better in this order - it makes the backstory clearer anyways. And I LOVED the new chapter and how it filled in how Rogue got where she got to. I especially liked the fact that things weren't perfect for her after she left the mansion, and that she has her weaknesses. As I said - it's everyday human life you get down really well. In many ways it seems her chosen path was just a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that she was finally 'free', of her mutant powers, of her life as an outlaw etc. She was normal and her impulsive streak led her somewhere she wasn't quite ready for. Typical Rogue.

I'm (still) looking forward to seeing where this all leads. I know that after all this time it still might be nowhere, but I can dream, can't I? Your writing still makes me smile.

-Ludi x
ishandahalf chapter 5 . 10/4/2009
i was so pleasantly surprised to see this fic had been updated! i understand it might never become the long story plus sequel that you originally envisioned, which is disappointing, since i find it so intriguing and original, but hey, i'll take what i can get - at least a few rediscovered chapters here and there satiate some of my curiosity. :)
Abeytu chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
intresting
Vera-Sama chapter 3 . 5/12/2009
I'm sad this story seems to have been abandoned. I love Remy's kids to pieces. I'm also really curious as to where you would've taken this.

I'll admit, I'm a little lost on he 'High volution' thing because my X-men knowledge is the 90's cartoon and the movies, but even without knowing that, this was great. Way better ta anything i could find in the movie fanficton section.

Anyway, i loved it and I'm addingit to my alerts o the off cance you ever find those other two chapters..or decide to finish it, one.
Monday's Angel chapter 3 . 5/5/2009
o i like how this is going! update update update!
aniuwolfe chapter 3 . 5/3/2009
This is one of the most well-written works on this site that I've read, without a doubt. Keep up the amazing work. I'm looking forward to an update.

Question: when did Remy get his normal eyes? Was that in the comics? Because I don't remember it. *Feels stupid*

Stay amazing!