Reviews for Roses in Winter: a Fairytale Revisited
little-ivy89 chapter 5 . 12/14/2014
Any more forthcoming? I really hope so! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite fairytale and lends itaelf beautifully to a Battosai-Karou fix. I am really enjoying the imagery!
UrmixMoonstone chapter 5 . 3/4/2014
This has been an amazing story so far. It's too bad it isn't being continued :'(
Nom de Plume chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
I have read some amazing variations of Beauty&theBeast!Rurouni Kenshin but you have managed to somehow twist the original AND the variations to your own original spin. Instead of one rose, you have included a whole garden and not just as some scenic scenery but as an obviously important plot device.

And what I found even more interesting is that you have truly encompassed the meaning of 'beast' in this story. Yes, it is not uncommon to see writers reiterate the old-age phrase, "tales of a bloodthirsty demon," but in your story, the Beast truly IS bloodthirsty (and for once, vampiric behavior is not the cause for it). In the original RK series, the Battousai, in a sense, could have been described as such but you have used that description to your advantage here, damning him to his own curse.

I won't even start on the horse. Splitting the two personas... I cannot say much on this concept except to say that I wondered where you were going with that because it was a very interesting twist here. It is a shame then that it looks like you will not be returning but hey, with this kind of story, I cannot simply just let my wishful thinking end here. Bookmarked this baby even 7 years later and hopefully one day, you'll drop in and suddenly get the urge to merge (with your writing).
Fenris Jin chapter 4 . 3/24/2013
So our dear violet eyed stallion has gone without leaving a name? ..would this mean that he has a bigger role in this?

A soul and body separation perhaps?

I like how you portrayed Kaoru's denial. Her memories of her life in the dojo clashing in with the realization that she will be living in a new home away from her perfect world. It was very human.

I have no idea why Battousai seemed rather pissed at Kaoru's reaction to him. I mean, she was quite amiable towards him up until he starting licking off her blood. Then she started freaking out, which I must press, is totally understandable.
Fenris Jin chapter 3 . 3/24/2013
Wow. Kaoru and Megumi reduced me into tears. It was so beautiful. Damn. These two always operate on tough love. The goodbye was very fitting for them.

I guess there is no denying that our dear black stallion is quite the ruruoni. I was a bit in denial of it at first, I was really just hoping to have one version of Kenshin, but I guess two chapters of that rurouni talk and that undeniable violet eyes is proof enough.

By the way.. it was rather thoughtful of Battousai to send the dowry in exchange for Kaoru.. XD

..and on another note. If the donkey was ever able to speak at all he would probably tell Koshijiro -I warned you.-. Because come on, how many times did he try to stop the man? He just ended up being called an obstinate and whiny ass. No pun intended. XD
Fenris Jin chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
Not the best first impression on a daddy's girl.. LOL

Kohijiro shouldn't feel too bad at getting his daughter stuck in a bargain.. It would have happened eventually. With Kaoru's luck, she would stumble in that garden all on her own! XD

Anyway, that was quite an emotional chapter!
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Not the best of first meetings with the in-laws.. XD

Lovely, lovely start.. I guess Kaoru's going to keep her word to her father. She's not going to be marrying a spineless idiot of his dreams.. XD
Tsuki Shugo-chan chapter 5 . 2/24/2011
Wow your writing is amazing, I'm jealous. I love the story of Beauty and The Beast, and the way you combined it to this story is thrilling. I hope you continue the story.
sarah chapter 5 . 9/24/2010
loving it continue
Aistaraina Eruwaedhiel chapter 5 . 9/5/2010
I really like the characterization you've done with Kaoru and Kenshin/Battousai. They're very believable. Even though this is different then the regular Beauty and the Beast I can still feel the same vibe from it. It's nice twist on it. I didn't notice any spelling or grammar errors. I look forward to any update you do.
Brukaoru chapter 5 . 8/17/2009
This story is so good, I do hope you plan on continuing it someday!
J Luc Pitard chapter 5 . 5/9/2009
Hope springs eternal, so even though you haven't updated since '05 I hope you'll some day come back to this story. It's well thought out and well written. I'd love to see it getting more mature, but I'm biased that way.

You've laid out some interesting mysteries here and I'd love to see them captivate you again as well.
tallgirl20 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Hey! I wanted to review you story sooner, sadly the site was malfunctioning. Personally, you have a wonderful, flowing style of writing that few people actually have. Do you write for a living? You'd be good at it. ;) I honestly love this story, if you ever come back to the site, please continue it. *sigh* I know its been like years since you last updated and that makes me extremely sad, but I do understand when you just have to stop. Life gets in the way. But I do hate it. Your an amazing writer and you took my favorite couple and combined them in a way that I don't hate (with noncannon pairings this is emmencly difficult - trust me). I acually like the face that she's sisters with the others! It fits so well that I wonder why no one decient at writing has done it before. I hope that you don't give up on this story. Waiting for the next update (please let it come) TG
vamp1987 chapter 5 . 1/30/2009
This is really good. I hope you haven't abandoned this fic. I think it would be really interesting to watch the interactions between the two and see who will give in first: Kauro to her fear or Battousai to his hunger.
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
/Oh my... beautiful job.. Why did it have to end D!

Ari chan