Reviews for Beginnings X Parody
Raberba girl chapter 5 . 12/30/2008
“Heavens to Betsy!" You've just blessed my southern little heart. XD

“I got better." Haha, sounds like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

The verbal exchanges are good in this chapter.

I liked the argument over who gets to do the epilogue voice-over.

Thank you so much for the this hilarious parody! Had me laughing my head off even when I barely know the series. Man, I almost want to watch X/19 now, but...I'm sure that would be a bad idea.

"Soon this will all be a wasteland, empty of humanity.” “Uh, Fuma? You’re a member of humanity.” “Don’t bother me with petty details!"

“Bummer, but I’ve got a cool spirit puppy who turns into a sword. Want to see?”

“Then I’ll remove you by force, thrilled or not!”

"Just because you want to murder every living person doesn’t necessarily make you a bad person."

“Anybody else besides me think that’s just plain stupid?”

"...And that he’ll probably order you to kill me, and if you do I’ll be just as dead as if I’d died protecting you?”

LOL, “I think the term you’re looking for is the same one used to describe Inuki-puppy’s mommy dog.”

"I will now attack your hair.”

"And besides, in killing me, your evil-twin psyche, you just plunged the knife into your own chest as well.” “Whoops.”

“Hinoto! What happened?” “I’m dying.” “Check out the blood pool, Oh stupid one.”

“Of course. I will kill the kid that Sorata considers his best friend. I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“Aw, snuggle-bunny. I knew you couldn’t kill me.” “Muffin-cake! I knew you couldn’t kill me either.” “Could someone get me down from this girder before I throw up?”

"Promise too that every time you chop onions, you’ll think of me.” “Yes, darling. I’ll eat onions with every meal, just so I can chop them.”

“S’OK, I’m sure he’ll understand. He’s the nice Dragon of Earth.”

“Yes! Let’s all clap for Kamui.”

ROFL, “Don’t you know that if you wield the Shincan sword to protect others that you’ll lose? Who do you think you are? Rurouni Kenshin?"

“I will now have a poignant flashback.” ... “OK, I’m over it. I think I’ll go back and let Fuma make a shish-kebob out of me some more.”

"(Still talking even with a punctured aorta.)"
Raberba girl chapter 4 . 12/30/2008
I love Kusanagi trying to cheer her up after her dog got killed.

I think what makes all this so funny is that they're all announcing who they are and what they're about to do, and it ends up being so ridiculous. Cracks me up.

"Therefore I am a psycho. Hmm. I don’t like that one. I will try again."

"By the way, does your wife know why you’re dumping her?” “Uh, no. I forgot to tell her.”

“Thanks, but could we get back to trying to kill each other now?”

“Wouldn’t it make more sense to stand by my side and have me WATCH to see how to chop the onions?”

“Littering? I am Kamui, the new and improved version. I will now pick up the trash. Hmm. Interesting trash.”

"Every useful skill I know about bringing about the end of the world as we know it came from basketball."

"Instead of calling for an ambulance, I will now hold you until Miss Arashi gets here so that you can have a touching reunion.”

“Sure, just let me kill him first, then I’ll kill you and everyone will be happy.”

“I’m so glad I was able to protect you. Mission accomplished. I think I’ll die now.”

"Every time I turn around someone else gets dead!”
Raberba girl chapter 3 . 12/30/2008
Haha; honestly, Sorata, what are your grades like?

“Boy, why are you crying?” Peter Pan, right? (big smile)

More favorite lines!

“Hah! You’re just jealous because your Kamui doll is broken."

“If you don’t come back with me now I’ll show it to you again and again.”

“Er, there is actually a walkway.”

"I was born to guard you, which I’ve been doing for the past eight years (without pay, or medical/dental benefits)."

"angst boy," haha...

“If we’d known all we were going to be were glorified waitresses we wouldn’t have wasted ten years of our lives on ninja training.”

“Is there no way to change Fuma back to the annoyingly cheerful twit he used to be?”

“Fuma! You slime-ball! You killed Daisuke, the one ally I actually tried to be nice to!”

“You’re not going to lick blood off me again are you?”

"I will now unaccountably run away even though I have two Dragons of Heaven knocked out cold, completely at my mercy, practically begging to be killed.”

“I don’t need your pity! Or your feeble attempts at humor, commiseration, sympathy, good will, friendship, empathy, or anything else. I am the tortured hero. I will now go off on my own.”
Raberba girl chapter 2 . 12/30/2008
Yay, reading the real version is way more fun. Thanks! :)

It's funny when Satuski's looking for the bathroom and keeps peering into all the wrong rooms. And the Christian prostitute/oxymoron thing. And Kotori going on and on about indigo dyeing. “OK. To continue with my story..." XD

Favorite lines:

"But I like trees! Earth forever! Kill all the humans!”

"C’mon Satsuki, no one else knows how to fix the office copier when it jams but you.”

"I will now take my sister into the house and not press you for any details."

“Do you hear that? I think someone’s having a surreal experience combined with a flashback sequence!” “Doubtless they are also having a battle with an arch enemy.”

“Oh well, I’ve lost interest in this fight now that the cat’s gone.”

“Kamui, you’re just in time. I’m about to give birth to the Shincan sword.” “Funny, you don’t look pregnant.”

“OOH! Plot foreshadowing!”

“Now, if you’ll excuse me I have to levitate and die spectacularly."

“Let’s see, she’s on the floor, and the ceiling, and there’s some of her over in the corner...”

“(sighs) I guess I’d better get ready for my death scene." And all the stuff about the seagull/angel feathers.

"...if I choose to be a Dragon of Earth, then I’d have to kill them and every other human being on the planet. Well, that was easy. I’ll be a Dragon of Heaven.”

"Now, to further gross you out, I will lick blood from you. See what a psycho I am?”
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I know very little about X/19 and don't want to (CLAMP is evil when they get dark), but I am reading this solely to spite FFN for their stupid anti-script rule. Script fics lose so _much_ when you have to convert them...

Man, do you have a link or something to the original script version? I would very much like to read it as it was intended.

Wait a minute...Inuki..."inu" plus "ki"...doesn't that literally mean "spirit dog"?

Again, sorry for reading slow; don't know when I will have time to read the rest, but I will eventually.

Lines that especially made me laugh:

"I will now go away and fall madly in love with you."

"I’m Arashi, the cool unapproachable beauty. I also have a spirit sword that I can pull from my hand. I can and will kick hindquarters with it, but right now I’m being sympathetic. Want some bandages?"

"...trailing him by the bloodstains on the ground. Across 10 city blocks. Really."

"I’m adorable, because I’m the only Dragon of Heaven who doesn’t take the whole end of the world thing too seriously." And the two bits of dialogue after that.

"And it is said to cure acne and halitosis. That way, when you wake up you can be rude, unresponsive, and have nice breath.” And the line after that.

"...managing to look beautifully intact, and carrying on a conversation while supposedly burning to death." The RuroKen OVA does that, too! That girl who protected little Kenshin - what was with her, still eloquently angsting after she'd taken a sword through the throat?

“Yeah, well the world’s ending this year so you might want to change your career plans.”

“What is this? A ‘Men in Black’ convention?”

Seiichiro's whole introduction paragraph.

“I’m so happy!” “Why is it women only seem to say that when they are crying?”

"you could join me and become a Dragon of Earth and destroy the earth instead. Won’t that be fun?”

“Er, doesn’t he know that if earth gets destroyed he will too?”
Zaphi chapter 2 . 3/2/2007
Arashi gets a very pleased look on her face. "Military Intelligence."

Her comrades murmer in admiration of her example.

Ha! Too funny.
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 5 . 7/12/2006
very funny
Seneti chapter 5 . 10/24/2004
Oh, how I love that epilogue-thing!

*jumps up and down*

I hope they don't remove your story for a second time.

_
MeyRevived chapter 4 . 10/18/2004
*sigh* still so funny...i can just kick Yuzuriha's head sometimes, she's such a pain...in X itself as well...
Takako san chapter 4 . 10/16/2004
/runs around in circles

i love this!

nice take

witty response to the strange questionable mush that is X :P

i loved the scene with karen and yuuto at the end with the wheat and thedying and the irony and then how yuuto's like "we're duelling to the death and youre talking about AGRICULTURE?"

and i like the whole kusanagi and yuzuriha meeting that is foiled by an immediate attack thing and then theyre both sayin "oh lookat the time"

hehe

keep it coming
Seneti chapter 4 . 10/16/2004
Love it, love it, love it!

More please!

_
kankakodoku chapter 4 . 10/15/2004
“It’s a simple question. What’s so special about humans? Why not kill them all? After all, they kill animals. What’s the difference?
kankakodoku chapter 2 . 10/15/2004
I missed chapter two!

Fuma appears. “Ah ha, a Dragon of Heaven in a good mood. I will now go and ruin her day.
kankakodoku chapter 3 . 10/8/2004
You know, I've always loved that intentional misspelling of "Shinken" as "Shincan". Personally, I liked the way you had it before with the script layout. Too bad it's not allowed, ne? And also, do you still have a copy of the original, script formatted version of the story somewhere? I'd like to put it on my site, if you like of course. (Not that there's any traffic yet, though...)
Takako san chapter 3 . 10/8/2004
WA

wicked chapter dude once more!

the story keeps getting better...yes i am weird

i love that youve over exaggerated bits and said things that we (as strange x fanatics) think but never say.

its brilliant!

like i loved the attention to the fact that karen is wearing a HIGH NECKED dress which is completely glued to her body with massive slits up the sides!DEFYING THE HIGHNECK?I THINK SO!

lolol

i also loved the bit where subaru enters kamui's consciousness and the remote control over the scene of the dying and blablablaablaa

hehe