Reviews for Only for a Little While
b11rthdaycake chapter 10 . 11/27/2013
I loved the way Logan tried to do something for Max while she was examined. How he fetched the scented candles and changed the bedcloth again. Just to occupy himself and try to make her more comfortable. I can feel his uneasyness in that situation.
AryYuna chapter 13 . 8/12/2012
Beautiful. There's so much to say that I dunno where to start... As your fisrt attempt to write an adventurous finction I thinks it's great. I loved the way you introduced the bad guy, I also loved the bad guy. And Logan to the rescue is wonderful!
"...I knew you'd come..."
Ah, we all knew...

I also like the way your story fits into the canon, the final chapter is a perfect introduction to the beginning of the episode "prodigy".

But my favourite part is the one where Bling and Max talk. It's beautiful. I've read and re-read it, a lot of times, it's one of the most beautiful dialogues I've ever found in a fanfiction. Sweet. Your way to deal with Logan and everything that concerns him is always perfect. And I also love the way Logan thanks Bling.
"Well, man, if you're that hard up, then I really feel for ya..."
We all love Bling, we owe him so much...

I don't know what else to say. This story is beautiful, it's deep, it's well written (as always... jeez, girl, I'm improving my English reading your stories XD)... it's perfect!

Thanks for your story!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 16 . 10/15/2011
Poor Max and Logan.

They both want the other but are afraid. Well more os Logan b/c of his chair. He just cant see that she never see or saw it as a problem. And sure doesn't see him less of a man b/c of it.
Mari83 chapter 14 . 10/23/2008
Thought of this today when driving past a pharmacy with international signs, so went and reread..

"had anyone ever told her what Briley had said to him, that she was "made to be disposable"? Logan fervently hoped not, and that she would never hear it..."

Of course this is Max and so Logan is extra-sensitive, but (and probably I’m reading my idea of Logan into this) but Logan’s anger at this seems to be the same part driving EO, this strong sense of / belief in human dignity that I think would have let him react like that with anybody. For me one of the fascinating things about DA is that one can build a story from and the DA characters around such geeky-interesting, ethical ideas like human beings made to be disposed and I just love the way you did it here, Logan opposing Briley and his mother.

(Also like the companionable lightness in their talking about Max’s excuses from work - and the moment of seriousness with Max not wanting to lie at Cindy... while Normal just deserves it:-)

"This Max brought out the caretaker in him; he knew her well enough to realize that in her weakness her guards were lowered, but that in only hours she'd be back– wouldn't she?"

As much as I like fluff stories, it’s the fleetingness that makes this so deep and intense, the bittersweetness of Logan realizing that he’s in love with her while at the same being afraid that she might have guessed his feelings, his sad conviction that showing their softer sides is only possible in this moment of weakness which will soon be over. But the great thing about this is that nevertheless it’s not overly angsty, but has this balance in the silent, restive mood for just this short break from their normalcy. Happy sigh…
JohnClark43 chapter 10 . 3/6/2008
I know your a pacifist but Logan isn't, I highly doubt his conscience would be troubled in the least with his violent outburst. Other than that slight digression this is a solid story very well written with great knowledge of the characters and there emotions.
Myxale chapter 16 . 10/24/2007
Epic!

I don't have any better words i could use.

The whole plot was great.

Well written and executed.

The progress of the story was good and even. Made it easy to get lost in this story. Characters; places and the mood were fit well with the world we know from DA.

I loved how well you used Bling. He's agreat character and has more to offer than just bein there as a placeholder. His dialogue with Max were great and touching while still keeping them both in character.

Bein' a die-hard ML fan i always hope for a romantic and fluffy ending, but as long as there is hope left in the story i'm pretty content with that too.

You wrote a great story, and all the rewievs are proove it.

Had a great time reading it.

Kudos.
Mari83 chapter 16 . 9/18/2007
This is simply a genius ending. I love to have an explanation for Logan’s harsh behavior and that you use it to bring this story back to the S1 events. (Not that I wouldn’t have appreciated a fluffy ending, but this was certainly more challenging and somehow it’s so characteristic for them retreat again after having been so close). It fits so perfectly that it should be canon (and is for me). Logan’s strong reaction to Max’s suggestion makes so much more sense if she brings up his own hopes again – and reminds him of his failure of thinking that Tanaka might help Max too (very indicating for how Logan sees his paralysis as a big obstacle for a relationship with Max but sees her as perfect and superior).

And of course I love to have Blings’s thoughts on it, and the interaction between the too, Logan snapping at Bling for having realistic doubts, and then feels sorry, and how Bling is understanding and sees right through Logan’s rude behavior.

Also interesting that Logan only seems to have told Tanaka that he wants to write an article, maybe not wanting to admit his personal interest or thinking a journalistic approach might be taken more seriosly...

"...it had meant so much...it had meant he could be on his feet, back to his old life...maybe never as tough as Max but maybe able to keep up with her. But now...

Work. Eyes Only had a responsibility. If he could just..."

Logan’s desperation is so very palpable here and it seems so logan-ish, to try to escape into work.

"He just wasn’t making the connection–“prisoner” was lifestyle for her, a decade back–and for a lot longer, with a lot more pain–both physical and emotional."

Such a great point that what seems like a terrible experience for Logan is just normalcy for Max.

"Logan’s take on things: a good yin to her yang, maybe?"

Just sweet:-)
Mari83 chapter 15 . 3/1/2007
My printed version of this survived two moves so far… (Just love the bathroom scene). An excellent bedtime lecture.
jfg207 chapter 16 . 2/25/2007
That was great. You turned the last part to Logan instead of Max, col.

Do have an ending or more chapters of their relationship?

JG
lkaplon chapter 16 . 11/28/2006
Gr and Argh..! You could have at least left it AU so that they could have gotten together!

Great story anyway. I liked the way you had Logan come to Max's rescue without making it arbitrary.
Opusscurum chapter 16 . 11/27/2006
Wow. I can't believe I never noticed this fic of yours until today. this is one of the best m/l I've ever read, and, in my opinion, your best. It's very, very good all the way - but the end nearly made me cry. a brilliant idea, to end the story right there where prodigy begins.
aenpaesum chapter 16 . 12/8/2004
This isn't a review per se - just a comment. I live in NYC and a lot of street artists sell these very popular things where they write names in calligraphy-ish letters, making the letters out of flowers and butterflies and stuff. They always have sample ones on display, usually very popular names like "Samantha" or "Kayleigh." Well I was walking out of Central Park today and I saw one that said "Briley." No joke. I immediately thought of your story and it gave me a great laugh. Just thought I'd share.
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 16 . 12/8/2004
loved it. absolutely loved it.
orca589 chapter 16 . 12/3/2004
Great start great middle and great end,

Always wondered why Logan was so pissy in Prodigy nice tieins.

will definetly be reading this again
Kasman chapter 16 . 11/13/2004
Nice ride. Thanks for that.