Reviews for As the Stars Looked Down
Abject Tears chapter 1 . 7/16
Oh that is just precious! I especially enjoyed the first one :)
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Dear Shirebound: Short but sweet, all of these ficlets! My favorite is the first, "Clothes Make the Hobbit." Aragorn is absolutely right that history becomes legend, which becomes myth, if people don't have evidence and regular reminders. Your stories can be quite pointed for such brief tales. Thank you for posting them here. Sincerely, Darkover
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Nice. This really give me some inspiration. I have you to thank for that. Lemme see what I can do. I'll PM you the story title, after all, it's for you. So, I'm not exactly sure how long it'll take me.

bethahnee chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
I liked the last one best. not many people know, but I love Aragorn and Arwen stuff. Love all your ficlets!

Anargil _~
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
OH, I love your stories! :D I hadn't been able to check back for a time, and so much new wonderful stuff to be found! :D

I truly, truly adore the middle section, the one where the four are all wishing that their "mother could see them now"...Aw! I had never thought about that before...and the image was a powerful one. So sad...but somehow comforting too. :)

And the final one, "As the Stars Looked Down"...that was just lovely. :) Absolutely lovely. :)

Oh, and just as a side note...this is Merlynnod from over at Hobbit_Fluff...I've seen you there a few times before, so thought I'd say hello. ;)

Now...more reading! :D
000001 chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
These little bits are story are wonderful! Very emotional and touching. Simply stunning!

You have an excellent command over words and weaving beautiful ideas into them.
Periantari chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
wow i love them all~ esp. the 2nd and 4th ones :) they make me go "aw" so much :)

The first one with Sam and Aragorn was quite humorous too :)

they're all wonderful as always :) :hugs:
Elanor chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Will you never cease to make me smile?
Arrina chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Ok, really late reading and reviewing this *g*. The first was great! Sam is so smart, hobbit sense, he has tons of it. The second was... the ending was... unexpected, that is one I will have to tell family. Prince of Ithilien was mystrious, makes you wonder what path he did take. As the stars look down, wow, I never really had thought of where and what Arwen and Estel were doing and thinking at that time, it was sweet. Great, Post again soon please.
Regina L chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
A beautiful & heartfelt group of ficlets, Janet. I like how delicately you've rendered each character's feelings, in watercolor tones that let the reader infer things instead of spelling everything out. And the opening interaction between Sam & Aragorn was great-they're not written together often, & you have an excellent feel for how they'd relate to each other.
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Ah, beautiful beautiful. It's nice to see some good attention paid to Arwen especially, and the reference to Earendil. I am reduced to a beaming lump of fluff.
Elven Kitten chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
_ Beautiful! _ Keep up the awsome work!

Patty chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Oh, I feel all mushy inside! LOL Seriously, I love each one of these snippets; can't decide which one I like best. Each one gives a tug on

the heart strings.
G chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
-Creative twist regarding the display of Frodo's orc garments...and Sam then asking if Aragorn's ranger garments would be displayed

-Powerful line about how the children of the New Age would be taught to appreciate the sacrifices of others
Aelaer chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
The last one gave me chills... as in good chills. I love your writing so much. I wish I could write like that. *le sigh*