Reviews for Along Came A Spider
JastaElf chapter 8 . 12/19/2004
Ai, such a lovely chapter... nice range of emotion, lovely subtle details. I love the fact that Taniquel gently and kindly offers her support to Elrohir, without embarrassing him-and that Elrohir is "man enough" to admit he needs the help. Who indeed can know what makes one person die while another survives... so difficult to wrestle with, whether one is the survivor, or a friend of the deceased...

I can't wait to see the race. (grin) I wonder, will Legolas indeed have his hands full? Tricksy Wood-Elves can talk to horses as well as trees, after all...

Thanks for the update!
everkitsune chapter 8 . 12/19/2004
*twitch* f-inish? No! You cant finish! ah well...i'm certain that there will be many more awesome stories of the twins and legolas by you! There all awesome...okay so i havent read all of them...but hey! Gimme a break...i'm trying! lol, update soon
EverKitsune chapter 7 . 12/14/2004
yay! Another awesome chapter mellon-nin! Please, update soon!;) ...im such a dope...lol! oh well, there are always a few of them in the world! In your bio you say your a teacher? wow, thats cool...I'm a student! (yay, go youngness...i dont mean to offend!) Oh well, its obvious that your still young in heart and mind, body and soul! lol, seriously, you write as though you were a kid, with extremely good talent!
Kirsten chapter 7 . 11/29/2004
I think that your story is wonderful!_ Have you written any more? If you have, tell me where I can find them!
moonshine4488 chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
ok, this review is actually for chapter seven. I have reviewed twice for that chapter, and for some reason, it isnt working that I know of. Anyway, I liked chapter seven. It was also interesting to see the way Elrond and Elrohir get along.
Altaria Artanis chapter 7 . 11/25/2004
Another good chapter! I liked this line the best:

"You cannot insist on challenging Legolas to ride with a saddle,” he pointed out. “For one thing, I doubt there is such a thing in Lasgalen...'"

Hehehe. The fact that Legolas is using a saddle in the movie is one of my only gripes. I never understood how both Legolas and Gimli fit in one anyway.

Oh no! You're going to end it? NO!

I like this story! So if you end this one you need to write another one! Please please please please please please please update soon!

Namarie, Lady Altaria
MysticHeero chapter 6 . 11/9/2004
Hey Jay, I love this chapter and I can't wait for the next. Lookin' forward to reading what happens next. Toodles and Ta me darlin'

Keep on typing the wonderful honey
aimless-37 chapter 6 . 11/5/2004
I just wanted to say I absolutely adore this story. You have written the twins exactly how I pictured them to be. You have also captured their love and devotion to each other perfectly. The stages of Elrohir's illness were written realistically and it conveyed the tension and fear that Elladan was feeling at alomst losing his twin. Bravo. I have read most of your stories and really love them all.

Hugs

Amy
moonshine4488 chapter 6 . 11/5/2004
Wow, no sooner had I read chapter five, than this was posted! Lol, update soon!
Lynn-G chapter 6 . 11/5/2004
absolutly briliant!

loved this chapter,

cant wait for the next!

Lynn.
Altaria Artanis chapter 6 . 11/5/2004
He's getting better! Yes yes YES! And adding in the eagles was genious. I don't know how you do it Jay. Positively excellent every time.

As soon as I got the email that you had put up the next Chapter I dropped everything I was doing to read it. You should feel proud because what I was doing was homework and pepperoni pizza. ARgh! My homework! I feel the need to rant approaching...

I had this gigantic English assignment over my 3 day weekend! We are reading the Iliad, great for what it is, I never was to fond of narrative poetry but the all greek mythology helps it in my good books A LOT, and we have to write a one page paper on how the whole thing could have been solved without violence! A ONE PAGE PAPER! The only thing I could think of was not marrying Helen against her will in the first place! Anyway, when assigned it I had a mini-conniption fit (everyone in the class did I believe) and I am not pretty when I have conniptions. Plus we have a quiz Tuesday and vocab due wednesday...gr. BUt she's a good enough teacher that I can't stay mad for long. .

*rant over*

Excellent story! UPDATE SOON!

Namarie, Lady Altaria
moonshine4488 chapter 5 . 11/5/2004
This just keeps getting better!
Altaria Artanis chapter 5 . 10/24/2004
YES! He lives! All praise the Valar because Elrohir is alive! You had me worried Jay. I thought you might actually kill him. I'm glad you didn't. Of course, he still could go into a relapse...

I'm going to shut up now before you get any ideas.

Excellent story! Update soon!

Namaarie, Lady Altaria
JastaElf chapter 5 . 10/24/2004
One of the things I like about this story-and yet one of the most frustrating things about it as well-is that they're in Thranduil's realm, but we aren't seeing much of Legolas or Thranduil. (grin) I know they have other things to do, and that the tale is Twins-centric... besides, Legolas and Thranduil would be taking out their wrath on the spiders, rather than mooning about the Healing Halls waiting for Elrohir to wake up. In short, everyone is doing what they would ordinarily do, to deal with the situation-and I love that!

But you know I always have to have my Legolas and Thranduil fix... (grin) I'd be a pain in the butt if I could visit M-e, because any time any of my favourites were anywheree nearby, I'd want to see them!

Anyway, an excellent chapter, and somehow I knew Calmacil was going to say what he said, when it had been that long. Such toxins usually take one out fairly quickly, if they're going to at all.

Thanks for the update!
JastaElf chapter 4 . 10/17/2004
What a powerful chapter! For poor Elladan to notice how life goes on and things keep happening even as he sits there worrying his heart out, praying for his brother to awaken, grasping at whatever he can find for comfort-wow. I have been there too many times myself, either in his shoes or sitting alongside someone who is in his shoes... and you describe it perfectly. The disjointed sense of time; the anguish, the moments of boredom and frustration, not hearing people come in, not noticing when they leave-you convey that perfectly!

Like Elladan, I feel a massive relief that Elrond and Celebrian have shown up. May Elrohir awaken soon, and live as Legolas and others before him have managed to do!
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »