Reviews for Markers on the Game Board
outlaw hunter chapter 7 . 5/7/2009
Whole thing was Excellant!
Shark Blank chapter 7 . 1/24/2009
Oh.. my... goodness. I love this! So well written, your captured the heart of every character in every poem. You say so true!

A fellow tower junkie
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
What of Sheemie, the Old Friend? What of Mordred, the Son? For they, too, are a part of the ka-tet: Sheemie one of Roland's old tet, Mordred watching from just outside their firelight.
clmaki chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
This is pretty good! The only thing I can see that brings down its quality is that the rhymes are a little sing-songy, kind of like a nursery rhyme, because you end your stanzas on natural pauses and that's where your rhymes are. If you look at all the great poets, like Shakespeare and Poe and all the rest, their poems have the rhyming words placed within sentences and clauses so that the sentence isn't broken by the rhyme, but flows through it instead. I don't know it I'm explaining that very well, so forgive me if it's confusing.

Other than that, though, you really did a nice job of capturing everyone's personalities. :) I especially love Oy's poem, because he was my favorite character. Stupid Mordred, what a bastard.
arcticsilence chapter 7 . 6/22/2006
I really liked the last poems as well, worth the wait. And I like the symetry too and patterns. I only wish I'd gotten into the books earlier. So I would have read the ones ont he side, the ones that built up to the dark tower as well. As is, I read them all straight, a late convert I suppose. Anyways, once again great work :)
Lady Zen chapter 4 . 3/15/2006
omg that was amazing. you had it all in order and well writen. that really was great
arcticsilence chapter 3 . 3/8/2006
I really like these poems. They sum up the story, in a lyrical way. And I really like Lyrical. I'm big on ryhm and also on how poetry feels as it rolls off the tongue. Thats all I know, I can't do literary analysis. In the heart of it I'm a scientist but I like a good story or poem that draws me in and makes me feel or evokes memories. As this did of my readings of the Dark Tower Series (which was a while ago). So thank you for sharing this.
Ersatz chapter 4 . 9/2/2005
Oy *sniffle* - I love that furry little bugger.

Was it in The Waste Lands where he had to bite Jake's hand to stop himself toppling from the bridge? And then he wept when he saw the boy's hand was bleeding?

Jeez - I'm such a sop for wee fuzzy beasties (even the fictional ones).

Anyway, this installment is my favourite - the sweetly rhyming rhythm suits Oy perfectly.

Good stuff!
Black Joey chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
The poem is breathtaking...no, seriously, it is. I can almost picture the two walking along the shore. The tone of the poetry itself is so rich in capturing the spark of the title. This review really sucks, but in other words: Keep writing.
Tim Fortune chapter 3 . 7/30/2005
Awesome! You summerized "The Drawing of the Three" and "The Waste Lands" perfectly in prose!
ExuroFlamma chapter 3 . 7/22/2005
Interesting I look forward to see how u do The Pusher, The Artist and Roland doors. Keep it up
Little Ann chapter 3 . 7/5/2005
This is the best one yet!
Seto Kaiba's Babe chapter 2 . 6/25/2005
This is pretty good. I'm reading " Songs of Susannah" and I'm almost done with it. I hope you continue!

SKB
Uni-Mara chapter 2 . 11/19/2004
Very good and interesting. But how are you going to do The Pusher?
BlackJackal chapter 2 . 11/9/2004