Reviews for Mirrors of the Soul
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Wow. This is really intense...but brilliant all the same. I like it - especially this part:

I always loved hearing him play, watching his hands slide up and down the neck of the guitar, squeezing out sweet sounds from the strings, like he was some short Apollo with hair that changed colors with the setting of the sun. I remember the frisson of fury that had bubbled in my gut when Freddy Iverson wrote in the school paper that my Oz played like he had sausages strapped to his fingers, and all Oz did was agree in that terse way of his that managed to convey so much with so few words. I envied that ability. I was snipped from the same bolt of tweed as Giles. Words were my friends; only today they failed me.

I hadn’t expected to see Oz again so soon after he had left campus, was unprepared for his return. I knew I had torn him inside. I hadn’t meant to. I would never had imagined, if you had told me just a few months ago, that I could chose a woman over Oz, that I could love either sex with the same depth and passion. My vampire self had given me a window into that part of myself, and back then I had recoiled from it.

Awesome! Simply very deep and insightful. :)

Keep up your awesome, superb, creative writing! :)
SugarNSpike chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Wow...this is quite a piece of work
Little Illy chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
That was rather reverting, though also scary and somewhat out of character.

Although Oz does have bouts of intense emotion, he isn’t (to my eyes at least) the type to kill. Only in his wolf form would he kill, and when he did last time, he was very upset and repentant after. Willow also, isn’t one for revenge. I’m wondering if you perhaps meant it to be kind of out of character?

Wonderful emotion and description. I loved Willow’s reflections on what she had loved about Oz, his eyes, and his music. By the end of the story, I was completely glued to the screen. The way you built up to the kill and almost quietly continued on from there… it was… very captivating.

Interesting.
Sayra Louise chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Well that's depressing.

Also a plot I'd never have considered a possibility (cos Oz is a sweetie and always will be to me) but it does work.

S.
The Red Cheese Is Wax chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
Oh wow, what a twist! I was reading this thinking that it was incredibly sweet and then bam! It turned into a horror. Great story!
Ithlien chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Freaky with a captial 'F'.

I love this story, it chills you right down to the bone.

Excellent work.

Lepeka
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
This is such a shocking story. The way it careened from tenderness to horror and back again was stupefying. The contents are so strange I had to go back over it and read it again to make sure I'd understood it the first time. The ability to shock and touch the reader at the same time is a sign of a truly gifted writer and you did it in just one short ficlet. I almost wonder what Buffy will do to Oz when he confesses but your story is so complete that the aftermath doesn't matter. Outstanding.