Reviews for Deep Within
weathergirl17248 chapter 3 . 8/11/2013
I applaud your cameo. :) I caught it right from the bit about the jumpsuit.
LadyJadePerendhil chapter 8 . 1/6/2013
WELL DONE. I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 8 . 7/5/2010
nice
DJA chapter 7 . 9/28/2009
Very nice story. Particularly liked your portrayal of J'onn and how you showed Batman (as Batman and as Bruce Wayne) dealing with the events of ROTJ.
P'tfami chapter 8 . 7/8/2009
After skimming through your profile page, I can see why you take the pains to do your research 'thoroughly'. I must say it is an incredible feat to take on the comic and cartoon versions of the JL and combine them convincingly. You seem to have given each character their fair share of scenes - once again, kudos on doing your homework.

RotJ has to be one of the few Batman movies that touches a chord with everyone. I knew that looking up fiction related to the aftermath of RotJ was going to be angst-ville all the way, but even then I wasn't prepared for the onslaught. This was seriously depressing in points, and I can only attribute your skills as writer in bringing together your pertinent insights on each character, with your wry humour at right points lifting the tension off the scene.

A really commendable effort on "What could have been..." had the JL universe merged with the events of RotJ.

My only complaint would be the few spelling discrepancies that littered chapter 5 and 6, I think. You used spell check without considering the sentence in context. It marred the flow of an other well told story.

You ought to do a few more JL stories. Perhaps deal with the Batman Beyond version? I'm sure the present JL group would find McGinnis much more of a relief than Bruce (though to be honest, I prefer broody Bruce over Nightwing or McGinnis. Accept no substitutes, that's me:)

Good work.
AllThatGlistens chapter 8 . 3/26/2009
I enjoyed that a lot. Well done.
Hebi R chapter 2 . 12/9/2008
Not all birds have that smell. In fact, according to an Animal Planet special, vultures, surprisingly enough, smell very clean. Maybe raptors are more obsessive about cleanliness.
Ashlerose chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
This is one of the greatest pieces of fan fiction I have ever read...simply put, I love this. Well-written and insightful of every character, especially the one I love the most, Batman, and the man beneath the mask. Thank you so much!
Borrowed Twenties chapter 6 . 5/22/2008
That was really good, keep up the great work!

Interesting look at ROTJ. It was really sad though, but nonetheless well-written.
Ms.H.B chapter 8 . 4/20/2008
there have been five criminals called clay face and in fighting them batman has used ice, electricity, acid, water, molten metal, and a department store manikin (long story).

not that it matters...

during the interview scene i kept expecting the tv reporter to be the flashes girl Linda. but the TMNT reference was much cooler.

oh and speeking of random useful info... I learned that superman's favorite book is "to kill a mocking bird" witch i never understood because the writers could have chosen anything and they chose one of my least favorite books. it came up in the 1996 "return of superman" plot line which was pre- "philosophers stone" so i like to think he is a Harry Potter fan now.

oh and Joe Chill killed the Wayne's. THANKYOU Batman Begins for seating the record strait.

your story was well written and provocative, a joy to read. keep writing no matter what the genre, its a rewording past time to have and a encourages life long sanity more effectively, more completely and for far less money than psychiatric help. trust me I KNOW.
ThatBirdWhoSaysDuh chapter 8 . 1/10/2008
You are an extremely talented writer. This story was an absolute joy to read and I'm blown away by your ability to keep everyone in-character (a talent that sadly, not many have) and the story believable. I can tell from reading your notes and your profile that you really love to write and the thing is, you're really good at it too (I'm absolutely green with envy). I just want you to know how much I enjoyed reading this, it's really refreshing to finally find and read a good fanfic. every once and a while. Sadly though, it's eleven-thirty and I have an amazing talent of scaring myself sensless when I'm alone in the room I'm currently in so I can't go looking for any more. BUT, just one more thing before I run away and dive into the saftey of my bed: I loved Flash and Hawkgirl's argument over how to beat Clayface and how you ended the fic. with it. Electricity or Ice? Very funny. I just LOVE the Flash! Blueb
tilly123 chapter 2 . 10/4/2007
does anyone know a website where you can download justice league episode 'secret origins' for free without installing anything? I tried renting season one off of netflix, but it didint give me 'secret origins'! Major thanks if you do know a wbsite! love ya'll!
Kim Who Knows chapter 8 . 8/7/2007
That was really fantastic! I enjoyed your thoroughness. I have never seen "Return of the Joker", but this story was so well written that I could still follow it with no difficulty. Great stuff, this. :) I hope you'll do another DC story. You do write it well!
twilightm00n chapter 8 . 7/31/2007
Wow this was awesome! Putting it on my favs!
Tracey Claybon chapter 8 . 6/21/2007
You said, "I learned that the Joker, in fact, did NOT kill Bruce Wayne's parents. (That one just blew me off the floor. I had always held that as an elemental truth. Stupid Batman movie)."

I liked your story a lot, and wanted you to know that in one of the histories of Batman - there are several, depending on the "Age" of Batman (or the AUs as well) - there is a version of his history where Joe Chill (one version of the character that became the Joker) killed Bruce's parents... you are not wrong about that. It has been retconned out of the "official" Bat history of the current Batman. I think it may have the Golden Age Batman, but I may also be wrong about which version it was - could have been Silver Age Batman, too.

Thanks for writing a really compelling story.