Reviews for I Knew a Man Named Estel
FalconWings14 chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Duh! Hannon Le should stay! It may not be perfect but it's so pretty!

I really loved the bit where she reflected on whether or not she was selfish to leave her children behind. I could feel the maternal concern. And the heartache. You know a piece is good when you can feel the heartache.

Seriously, I never knew you could write like this! I'm in awe! You're so getting published.

I leave you with: Mear! (personal word - ask some people)
Catmint chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
*sniffle* You made me cry! This is beautiful, yet so, so sad.
Neoinean chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Wahoo you're not dead!

I've been without internet for a while, sadly. Other than that I'm fine. Still writing, still going to school, etc.

Delete it or not it's up to you. Maybe you should go through and fix what isn't canon (even in movieverse). It's fine as a movieverse look at Legolas grieving for a fallen elf as far as the emotions go. If you take care of the smaller mistakes it should be fine.

Now the actual REVIEW. Right...

I liked Arwen's musings. It was disjointed, but that made it seem natural and I was able to follow her thought process through to the end. One thing though: the 1st paragraph had me a little confused. Who is "the fearful one"? At first I thought Elrond but then you mention him again right after. BTW Elrond's fears fell on "deaf" ears, not "death" ears. Anywho I enjoyed the piece. Thanks for sharing:)
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
This is very sad and beautiful, I enjoyed put a great deal of depth into your stories. I think you should keep Hannon Le as it is a good story.

Have you thought about writing the other characters' deaths such as Boromir and Merry and Pippin ?I am sure you could do that well and you could use your favourite characters(as I assume Aragorn and Legolas are)in those keep on writing as I like your work
MornieGalad chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
Loved it. O Poor Arwen.
The-Serious-Padfoot chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
Yes indeed, I love this one too! This is a great story, and I can really see this as a companion piece, but it is great alone as well. I hope you continue to write stories as I have enjoyed them thus far.