Reviews for Royal Flush
TropicalRemix chapter 9 . 8/20
I found the sequel to this here: . ?sid1576
Bluesailorcat14 chapter 9 . 6/7
You're a really great writer! This story was just short and perfectly sweet! Darien and Serena are too cute and you melted Serena's icy feelings. Loved it!:D This is the first story I've read of yours and I'm really excited to read your other works such as "The House on Thornrose Lane." I'm truly looking forward to it! Keep writing!
Serenity312 chapter 9 . 1/14
I loved it, nice job writing their emotions! You definitely sucked me right in :)
Web2theweb1 chapter 9 . 5/21/2014
LOL i loveitplz chapter thx
MrsG89 chapter 9 . 4/2/2014
I've read this one sooo many times and it's one of my faves. I even found the sequel on princess destiny's site. As for the bubble gum ice cream and licorice ice cream combo...unfortunately my husband loves the idea of that combo...his fave lollies are licorice and his fave ice cream is bubblegum flavor :(
Guest chapter 9 . 11/23/2013
I love this so much!
the7joker7 chapter 9 . 11/7/2013
I really had a good time with this story, corniness and all. Reading it made me feel good, and for a fairly straight romance that's all you can ask. For the most part the problems I have with the story don't really matter, I think you directly addressed some of them, like the one-in-a-kajillion hand of cards in the prologue, and the ridiculousness of the characters willing to gamble all that stuff on a card game. As absurd as that is, it ultimately doesn't matter, it only matters what you do with it after it's done. So some of that I'm willing to just throw out, as I do believe it's okay to be outlandish as long as it's for a reason, which is certainly the case here.

The development of the relationship between the two was a lot of fun to watch, although it occasionally felt a little inconsistent (though that is very much human nature). I'd argue that Darien could have done more initially to get Serena to warm up to him and made things much harder on himself by being obstinate. If he likes the girl so much, I'd think he'd do a little more to make her like him, something he doesn't really figure out until the dance scene.

You have several excellent scenes in here that I loved to read, such as the dance, the beach, and of course the entire last full chapter. In a story like this, you need those money scenes, and you have quite a few of them, which is huge credit to you. Some of them didn't quite work for me as well (I honestly don't believe Serena would read his diary, or at least she would confess to it later and feel bad about it), but not every scene has to it.

I liked your dialogue between the two mains, thought it was really entertaining to read and captured a lot of good things about both characters and their relationship. I am a huge fan of good dialogue and there's a lot here.

So I think that sums up what I enjoyed and made this story work for me. It's a great feel-good story. I have one real complaint about this story that I can't mitigate with a caveat, and while this is off the point of the story itself it did bother me. I felt as if you wrote Amy like she's Rain Man. As a huge fan of Amy, that sort of bothered me. Now, Amy really doesn't matter in the grand scheme, she's barely in the story...but Amy isn't Rain Man. She's shy and a little socially awkward, but there are a couple scenes here where it seems like she's autistic. That's the only thing that really...stuck out to me. But again, she's barely in the story.

Great work, and know this story is quite old, but I just recently read it. Like your style, keep doing big things in the world! BTW, Washington State represent!
Moonstruck Kitten chapter 9 . 5/13/2013
Very sweet and lovely story. Darien was a jerk for a bit there, but he redeemed himself and Serena was at her best as usual. Obviously an older work but still lovely and romantic.
ncisduckie chapter 9 . 1/5/2013
Oh my gosh. I wonder if the sequel is still up! This was the most perfect ending EVER!

And that necklace. Pretty.

Oh, and black licorice ice cream? Blech.
ncisduckie chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
This. Was. Beautiful! And sweet. And just so cute! And she's his. Regardless. :)
ncisduckie chapter 7 . 1/4/2013
Words for awful ( ) : abominable, alarming, appalling, atrocious, deplorable, depressing, dire, disgusting, distressing, dreadful, fearful, frightful, ghastly, grody, gross*, gruesome, grungy, harrowing, hideous, horrendous, horrible, horrific, horrifying, nasty, offensive, raunchy, repulsive, shocking, stinking, synthetic, tough, ugly, unpleasant, unsightly

I liked the Little Mermaid bit, but I adored the journal entries!
ncisduckie chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I love this chapter. I love this chapter.

Darien was so sweet here!
ncisduckie chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
The line: "Feed me, servant" tipped me over the edge. I had to bit my tongue. Too funny!
ncisduckie chapter 4 . 1/4/2013
Nice! That whole concept of the forgiveness and the business deal. I liked it! :D
ncisduckie chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I liked how that turned out. But it's only day two?