Reviews for Plants in the City
Shadsie chapter 15 . 10/8/2008
There is a place where you accidently call July "January"... if I recall correctly, it's where July attacked Vash and Wolfwood was trying to get her off him.

Other than that, wonderfully surreal - I mean, I love your interpretation of the Plants. You may actually (eventually) get a fanart from me of this chapter, because I think July would be fun to draw, a truly horrific subject.

And Vash approaching her to try to pull the glass out of her, and stroking her back even as she's trying to kill him ... very touching and such "Vash" things to do.

Wolfwood's accusation that "All females are Rem" to him was just heart-rending, as well as Vash's idealism in the face of, well, reality. (Much like the canon sources in theme here). I also appreciate Wolfwood's simple, down to earth narration manner - "her display thingie." It fits him.

I also don't see how some people (we talked of this on AIM) could see V/W yaoi in this - they banter like very straight men, like slightly perverted buddies - about girls and their attributes.
Shadsie chapter 14 . 10/5/2008
"The noses have it!" is SUCH a Milly thing to say. I must say I'm rather intrigued by your subway OCs here - is Annie a hybrid?

I feel sorry for poor limo driver Toby... some of his energy taken, taken advantage of, young and naive.
Shadsie chapter 13 . 10/5/2008
I've resumed my reading of this. I'd forgotten just how much I love the way you write Wolfwood. He's gritty and matches the gritty tone of the city so well. The banter between him and Vash is spot on - feels like a slightly grittier version of the banter they share in the anime and manga, yet also like immature boys - as aruging male friends are wont to be.

I loved the whole scene with Billy and Sons. Just something about faded old sluts and little yappy dogs in sweaters that brings a familiar "run down city" feel. I've met people like this, too.
Anomia Grey chapter 8 . 7/13/2008
I can't believe someone actually wrote a BDN saga, and made a blast of it... pardon me, a sparkle. I've always thought he's one of those neglected side characters that have a huge potential, and you've handled him very well. You're amazing at setting the mood and constructing really powerful background...*shudders at the thought of Gregori Street* i can't wait to read on!
Ether chapter 14 . 9/12/2007
Incredibly realistic alternate world- I hope you continue.
Celesma chapter 14 . 3/10/2007
Muaha! A Plant with acne is funny ... better yet is the idea of that Plant consorting with Tessla inside a limousine ("you better drive me to the heights of passion" O_o). Of course, since Tessla / Elendira, we know it's all just a bid for the poor boy's energy. Meanwhile, I'm pleased to see the return of the Insurance Girls, in particular one Meryl. I can actually imagine Millie's boobs squashing everyone else in their hiding place~ Hope Vash and Wolfie can get them out of this predicament, especially the one with the annoying teenagers.

~"Dan"
Celesma chapter 13 . 1/15/2007
It's been a few hundred years since I submitted a review for this story, I know, but believe you me I have still been following it~! The whole idea of "having your gut at home while you're drinking beer at my place" (which, really, is probably the best way to describe it, especially considering what happens next with the cough syrup) smacks of sci-fi creepiness while also being, well ... morbidly funny. Vash's sympathy toward the Plants and intolerance toward those who might mock or act disgusted by them (guess I fall into that category along with Wolfwood) is very much in character for him. I was also amused by the part where Wolfwood's account ends and Meryl has to take over ... and, finally, by the rapid-fire, buddy-buddy exchange between Wolfwood and Vash all throughout the chapter. The dialogue is as well-written as ever; you have these characters down to a tee. :3 Now I'll be a happy camper as soon as they set about rescuing the Insurance Girls in (hopefully) the next chapter ...

~"Dan"
Rabid Badger chapter 14 . 12/5/2006
At last, a new chapter! I was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the face of the Earth.

I so love it when Knives and Tessla bitch at each other. We've never seen too many, so I'm going to assume that all free Plants aren't as quite as screwed up as they and Vash. Of course, I could be wrong, given Tessla's thought about the other free females just giving up their children and going back to partying. Which leaves Lord alone knows how many little half-Plant children running around.

I'm mostly out of Trigun fandom now, but there are a few authors I still follow-you, Glass Bullet and Mostly Harmless's wonderful AU "needful." Though there's been some fairy good new stuff using manga canon posted lately. I'm waiting for the inevitable Legato is dead stories. I'd almost halfway come to believe, given how long it took Vash to off him, that he was possibly immortal as well.

I know you write in other fandoms and probably only update your Trigun story when you have the next chapter planned, but please try not to take too long next time.
millythompson chapter 13 . 6/17/2006
Oh gosh this is just SO the boys! Wolfwood is perfectly gloomy and completely cynical that I could so totally see him living in the downtown area around here! And Vash of course, gotta love him but you can totally see why Wolfwood gets annoyed with the kid!

Great chapter Lil'! I can't wait to read more..it's gonna be a "killer" wait! XD
Rabid Badger chapter 13 . 6/17/2006
Beautifully done. The whole thing with Vash sending him back to the store repeatedly for a different cough syrup was surreal (but in a good way). I'd forgotten the female plants get drunk easily (actually, looking at Vash, I'm beginning to wonder if all Plants don't have a weakness for alcohol).

Looking forward to the next chapter.
New Days Dawn chapter 13 . 6/16/2006
Wow. Great chapter, and I really like where you're going with this. Wolfwood does seem a bit too irritated with Vash, but you explain it, and it works very well. I was cracking up at their walking through Grigori Alley after getting the Plant Angels drunk. Pink bra, hee
Nightheart chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Excellent start. I'll admit, I passed this one by a few times; the usual excuses... I don't have the time, I need to write that essay, I'll never reveiw, I hate stupid AU fics. Finally, I just couldn't hold off my curiosity any longer so I clicked on the link. I'm so happy I did. This is a really wonderful beginning and I can't wait to read the next chapter. So in character I could just cry tears of relief.
millythompson chapter 12 . 3/18/2006
*shivers* This is the best Tessla I've read... Keep it comin'! _
millythompson chapter 11 . 2/18/2006
*clutches chest* Must... leave...review... No not a cliff hanger! ACK! I LUV this story so far. At first, a bit touch and go, the whole Midvalley/Wolfie thing always throws me for a loop but oh boy, such is the goodness of these awesome other reality stories... More more more! _ Even though Vash may be a lush I still love him... dunno why... and Wolfwood is as sexy as hell. *grins* You ever need a beta reader you let me know! _
ReadingWhiz89 chapter 12 . 1/14/2006
A very interesting look at Tessla's psyche. I really find it interesting because most of the pictures of Tessla make her seem sweet and innocent (before her mutilation). So, how she would have been if she had survived that abuse is a very cool thing to explore, and I like what you're doing with this.

And yes! I am waiting patiently for the BDN Saga! : D