Reviews for Snape dialogues
pewterlocket chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
My favorite is third year, Malfoy. Remus baying at the moon...
riverrat chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Nice work. These dialogues are brilliant especially the last one.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Hmmm... Interesting.
Snape5 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
You published this in 2004? I'm assuming you have added on the last book summaries because other wise OMG.

Anyway, In general I don't like very short summaries on complicated subjects and I don't think that this is the best show case for your skill as a writer, but I do think they each summarized specific points so valuable that I wish all Harry Potter readers could see them.

You often suggest (in your blurbs) that people who love a characters you criticize (or people who don't like Severus) shouldn't read your stories. You haven't done that here which I like because surely they are the ones that might get most out of writing like this if it just made them THINK about the emotions and feelings that each character has.

These summaries are brilliantly insightful and only gently confrontational.

Personally I thought 1 and 7 were pointing out specific things that relate to your other writing and the way Severus sees Hermione, that a casual reader of the books might not pick up on. Which is interesting and useful.

2 and 4 were a nice contrast to each other and the change that was so obvious in the books between the lightweight earlier books and the oppressive atmosphere in the later books.

3 and 5 seemed again to be a bit of a couplet as well, a pattern of damage that benefits neither and hurts everyone.

6, I like the contrast between Severus and Sirius I think you have summed up in so few lines. Sirius is (as usual) being defended and Severus is attacked. Severus is alone and Sirius is blanketed in love. Yet Severus not only would have fought Sirius one-on-one but would have loved to.

The idea of groups picking on individuals is generally despised in our cultures but I would be astonished if anyone could find anything in the books to question your reading of this situation.

Sirius behaves like a pack animal and never as top dog in that pack. He would even nominate a child as his new 'James' if nothing better is available. In complete contrast Severus is strong in his loneliness and brave despite his vulnerability.

It seems, when I read what you have written, that Severus is staring down at this raging teenage boy with no comprehension of why he, or anyone, could have loved such an unlovable person. An idiot, a bully and a Gryffindor coward.

Although perhaps there is an element of 'justice' suggested in Sirius dying fighting (and loosing) a one-on-one duel in which all his friends and loved ones stand around watching and not coming to his aid. While Severus died with closure, having essentially succeeded in his endeavors and looking into Harrys eyes (which we are lead to believe is what he most wanted to die looking at).

8 'after the final battle' is so utterly brilliant that it should probably be printed in the back pages of the Harry Potter books as I really think it does sum up the relationship between Severus and Albus in so few words. Brutal and honest. I loved it.

Sorry this is so long. It is just rare that writers do see so deeply or think so carefully about what is written. I loved that so few words, when chosen so carefully, could encompass so much. I wish I could do that.

Actually 'fifth year' is my favorite. I hope this isn't an annoying review. I know it's long and to be honest I had as many thoughts about all eight snippets of dialogue as I did about 6 but thought I would elaborate on only one.

I hope you find this interesting, as feedback of what your piece of work actually made a reader think and not too annoying if what I though wasn't what you wanted a reader to take from it.

Just a thought on the last line, I was always under the impression Albus didn't like Sirius.
012343210 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
You're so concise, duj - characters leap into life in so few words here. Snape, obviously, although Lucius certainly does as well. And then when I look at the date on this and read Severus' final exchange with Albus? Really, you saw right to the heart of that matter long before JKR wrote those terrible words from Albus about Severus' soul. Well done.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
My favourite was fifth year with Remus... and then Seventh Year lol.
Satahe Shetani chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I love it! Really. The best is "Seventh year - Hermione". He is only honest.

Thanks for your comment. "Short Slytherin's Tale" is in my opinion full of mistakes, but I'm happy that you've agreed with me - Lily is one of the worse characters.

Dherea chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Damn good synopsis of the entire series!
LookingForChemistry chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
awww the last dialogue broke me! I can't believe I liked Dumbledore right till the end!
potterlockedintheshire chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This was brilliantly written! I loved it!
kittyperry chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Wow. The seventh one with Albus reminded me of what you had Severus say in one of your other stories.

These were so powerful though and so very true.
notwolf chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
That was truly profound. Snape suffered so much, he was so miserable and tormented...I think JKR killed him off to avoid having to deal with the mess he was.

I read your profile, and I so agree about Severus, and the way JKR presented the characters. I try to write from his POV, too, but it doesn't mean I agree with everything he says or does, either.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
This is how it should have gone.
Holly chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Aw, this is cute! I lvoe the first one!
Unconditionally Me chapter 1 . 1/7/2009