Reviews for A Father's Love
MK08 chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
This was fantastic. I have always really adored stories in which Piccolo steps in during Goku's absences to watch over his family, especially Chi-Chi, since those two are notorious for not getting along. Excellent work!
Azure Teriques chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I love it It's really cute and this could've happened in the series. Good job!
saiyan girl chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
this is good
storm-of-insanity chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
love the way taht gohan said taht he mother shuouldn't be able to pull a frying pan out of her pockets. that was funny and also the bit when piccolo is readiung chichi's thoughts. heck i find a lot of things funny but s/he who laughs last, thinks slowest (aparently)

you know what i'm going to say so roll you eyes at my prediticality (is taht even a word?) I LOVE YOUR WRITING
Space-Weazel chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
This was beautiful. I know I may say that a lot, but had I the actual vocabulary to put it into different terms, it would still mean the same thing.

I love the way you string together your details, presenting them in a true-to-life way instead of the gaudy, over-woorded jumble that I myself seem to do more often than not.

Though, one particular paragraph has caught my attention

"Oh Piccolo-san I miss him so much why did he leave why couldn't he just kill Frieza and leave with us why couldn't he come home why won't he doesn't he love me an' Mommy or doesn't he know how much we need him?" Gohan wailed loudly into the white fabric, both with his voice and in his mind. "Piccolo-san, it hurts!"

It's very well-written no doubt, and it does fit the circumstances, but somehow is just doesn't seem to flow as smoothly as the rest of the dialogue. It could just be me, but that's just what caught my eye at the time.
x se chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
And of course, beng the moron that he is, Goku is off learning how to teleport. Excelent story!
XZanayu chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
I hope Piccolo is right too. Great job!
DeathStorm chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
That was absolutely heartbreaking...but...such a wonderful little one shot, I must say. I love how your descriptions never feel like they're forcing you to envision something; they just seem to tie themselves in. And like I said...this was heartbreaking. T.T Poor Gohan...poor Chichi, even (I LOVE that you don't protray her as a super-beast-bitch-from-Hell) and...just a perfect one shot; its not supposed to go any further. Awesome job; hope your arm is healing! o.o ::Hugs::

Talliana chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Wonderfull in Character

I like it really much
Universe chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
*Sits back and smiles* Well...yet another bittersweet work from you. I loved your take on Piccolo in this one. Gentle, but not too much so.

Poor Gohan here. I really hate how Goku always left the little squirt alone like that. More Piccolo time though, so I really cannot complain.

Lovely work here. Forgive me if this didn't make much sense, I'm on my way to sleep for the night.
The Ace of Authors chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
That was great...So touching, but nothing really ooc. I enjoyed it, the Gohan taking comfort in Piccolo part was sweet. _ Hope to see some more of your works soon!

-Ace (A.k.a. The Dealer)
DBZAngelX chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
That was both really sweet and sad. I liked it a lot and you got the characters dead-on. Awesome one-shot! Laterz! _~
Volcanic chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
Wow another great story! I loved the plot and as always I loved your attention to detail (somthing I'm lacking) I'm egerly awaiting your next story or chapter!