Reviews for The Ninetales' Curse
MDRvSIX chapter 21 . 8/14/2008
wow this story had it all, great work!
Guest chapter 21 . 8/4/2006
What i really wanted to say has already been covered; about this being a good fic an' all, so I shall skip that minor inclusion.

That aside, I felt that this story was one of the best I've seen so far, in the way that all the different elements of the story come together at the end to give a parting shot, if you will. Given, I expecially liked the way the characters' names had deeper insights to them, or at least the more rounded ones (Sasoliar). I don't know if I may be reading too much into it, but I felt it was tied in quite well with how she repents and has an epiphany per se at the end.

Another comment is that I enjoyed the undercurrents of the story. The connatations here are limitless, and serves at times to bring home a form of transcendentalism on the spiritual level i.e. how simple truths are the only weapons one needs, as demonstrated in the faceoff between the protagonist and Grottlis.

I felt that Grottlis however, should have shown more concern as regards the stone. After the establishment of the fact that Ailrianor was wise and feared, surely Grottlis would have been able to appreciate the meaning of the stone, and not dismiss it after his initial flinching. Or at least, be en garde, you know.

That said, it is indeed commendable the way flashbacks and sub-plots are woven seamlessly into the main storyline. I am inclined to agree with the ending; true, it was cruel, especially with the whole epiphany thing, but well, in the end, I thought that you more than made up for it by allowing Sasoliar to attain spiritual enlightenment, the highest tier in Maslow's hierachy of needs. That in itself, is fulfilment for both her, and us as readers.

Symbols, motifs, and themes were well thought-out. What I felt was most striking was Sasoliar's connection with the flowers in the meadow, and the meadow itself. The idea of conflict in the given scenario was perfectly planned and executed.

There really isn't any flaw in this; as reiterated, the connectedness of the ideas was simply, to put it in Latin (or Italian, I never could differentiate), cosi bello, which should preferably be italicized for the effect ).

Once again, if it wasn't overt enough, well done, and thanks for taking the time to compose such a brilliant piece. And uhh, I'm sorry if I'm being too long-winded here, but it really is that good.

Just my two cents. Twenty, for that matter.
allokai chapter 21 . 5/16/2005
Great story, just finished reading it. I liked the character development, and thought the characters were well portrayed and vivid. There are a few things I'm still a bit confused about, but I think I've sort of figured it out. Anyway, I got a lot of enjoyment out of reading this.
Cedric chapter 21 . 3/24/2005
I loved the whole story except for the ending, which is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of a story. It's true that there are few to no 'tidy endings' in real life... but this story isn't, nor is the world it's it based on, real life. It is your story and I respect your decision to end it in such a cliff-hanger, but I still don't like it, and it partly ruined the story for me... I read through the whole 'fic wondering "How's it all going to end?" and I get this.

Now that that's out'a my system, I'm wondering what the deal was with Sasoliar's soul bursting into light in the dead plane? I read through the last five or so chapters again and I couldn't fine any clues pertaining to this. I can only imagine it was some kind of vengeful anger, being released from her soul or something? Also, kind'a wondering why Ailrianor felt it necisarry to deceive Katherine like that. Sure, it added to the story a bit and put in some unexpected twists, but I just can't figure out a solid reasoning behind it. Also, how they knew it was a Gengar who'd taken Jeremy. Sure, the disappearance of the wisps might'a clued 'em in, but couldn't any ghost-type creature (not necisarrily a Pokemon) have done that? Aside from these few unsolved mysteries, and that I didn't enjoy the ending at all, I did however enjoy reading through the rest of the story. Good job.
Hauchen chapter 21 . 3/19/2005
Man I loved this story. I really liked the idea of the curse and I hope you write alot more.
reviewer chapter 21 . 3/18/2005
I really didn't understand some parts of the story like the unhelpful stone, the meadow and the ending. I hope you can gie me some answers. Your story was and incredible first-time fanfic
HaloEver chapter 21 . 3/4/2005
is there a sequel to this story? if so please let me know cause i want to read it. this is a well thought out story. i love the plot.
HaloEver chapter 11 . 2/18/2005
so far so good.

as for your attempt to make the gengar seem very sinster, you di okay bet i have read better. I am not trying to put you down because i am so bad of writer that you skill at writering is far better then any that i could ever dream of having so please continue on.
HaloEver chapter 8 . 2/18/2005
This is very good. I think you are a great writer. I am glad you wrote this story.

Please read and review my story.
SunLight chapter 21 . 1/29/2005
Wow. I'm just so impressed by your talent that I'm going to cry. This is one heck of a story. The whole premise is wonderful enough, but you made it even more wonderful by adding so many things to it that makes it even more wonderful. Alright, sue me, I need a thesaurus.

I feel horrible for all the trainers, though, but at least ninetales didn't just...KILL them (I actually grew to love her in the end, which just shows your talent ).

As for the dragonite...that must be Trevor's little dragonair. But I don't understand what Katherine figured out. Are these pokemon doing gengar's dirty work? Are they hypnotized? Are they...AH!

As for the ending, I think it's pretty nice, if only I had the brains and eyes to see it. So the old woman is the ninetales old trainer? (I will have to reread the memory part.) I thought that was Katherine, but then the Jolteon...

(Wails) I can't figure it out!

If it isn't too much trouble for you, could you email me at phoenixsparkles and explain? If you're too busy, don't worry about it. I'm sure when I'm as old as the old woman, I'll figure it out...

But meanwhile, I'll continue to worship you for your talent! D
SunLight chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
Ooh, you know, when I read about Ninetales' tails, I've always wondered what happens when you just happen to (ahem)pull(ahem) on it. P This is such an intriguing beginning! I can't wait to see what happens.
Corrose chapter 8 . 1/1/2005
this was an awesome chapter. not only did you demonstrate great battle strategy, but it was also very well written. Also, i like how you gave her uncommon pokemon, an electabuzz, a muk, etc...i really like the plotline of this story too :D
charpal chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
I read a review that you made to Yawgmoth's 'The End Days', and as it seemed one of the more intellegent ones, I decided to check out your work. Since this is only the first chapter, I can't comment on everything, but it seems to be starting out great. The whole 'ninetails curse' thing is intreguing, and I can't wait to read more.
Negrek chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
I don't really have any other means of answering your question, Foxyjoshua, so I guess I'll have to do so here. The license agreement included with any Pokedex software simply allows for a Pokemon's full data to be accessed and its registration made League-certified, allowing it to be tracked down should it be stolen, as well as other benefits. Pokemon can be caught without the license agreement, but they will not be party to these benefits (if you downloaded Pokemon to R/S from Colosseum before getting the National 'Dex from FR/LG, it's sorta like that.)

And sorry, Raichu-Fan, there are no Eevees in Waytar (the region in my next 'fic) at all.

Anyway, thanks for all of the positive reviews!
Autumnx chapter 21 . 11/19/2004
Well, that's it, eh? In my opinion... That has to be the best Pokemon story I have ever read. I am sorry, But it is true. ) Indeed, I will be looking forward to your next fanfic. Also... D Keep Reviewing mine...! Jokes, If it get's boring, tell me. c[ I never really was that good anyway!

P.S: Once again, AWESOME CHAPTER! D.
107 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »