Reviews for The Ninetales' Curse
VulpixTrainer chapter 6 . 10/11/2004
Very Good i am always waiting for the next chapter also i must say that you have got the feel of the show in this already
Keleri chapter 6 . 10/10/2004
Ooh, you've got Farla's approval now! Nice work.

Anyway, good chapter. Katherine's questions, responses and suspicions feel very natural. You've been turning out chapters pretty regularly; that's good, for a lot of writers, school really eats up their time.

I eagerly await the next installment.
Farla chapter 6 . 10/10/2004
Hm. I like this so far. You've got the mechanics of writing pretty much down, the story actually has a good plot and no one character seems favored, and you manage to move the story along without telling everything at once. The previous chapters were short, but this one's a good length. And you've left me curious about the patch of forest Jeremy talks about. Good job!
Sandact6 chapter 5 . 10/9/2004
You're sure you are new at this? Very nice story, I love it. Looks like you've been writing for years
Autumnx chapter 5 . 10/9/2004
_- Who couldn't like a story like this? It's so descriptive! D Keep updating, I'm really gettin' into this!

Did I mention That you're on my Favorite Author and Stories list? No, I don't think I did. Well, there it is.

_- Short but sweet Chapter, by the way.
VulpixTrainer chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
I must say this has got me on my seat just waiting to see what happens next keep up the good writing. also i read your bio and yikes your fast on that game so good luck at the islands.
Keleri chapter 4 . 10/8/2004
Oh right, I forgot to explain what Sue-ism is...basically, there is in fanfiction a character type referred to as the Mary-Sue. What exactly this constitutes varies from fandom to fandom. In general, a Mary-Sue is a character (usually female, but many male examples exist) who is incredibly attractive and has a lot of unusual, innate skill.

In pokémon fanfiction, a Mary-Sue:

-is usually an original character that is related to characters from the anime or games,

-usually has unusual hair and/or eye color,

-usually has innate special powers such as the ability to talk to pokémon, psychic powers, etc.,

-usually has an over-emphasized caring disposition toward pokémon,

-usually has pokémon that have special colors,

-usually has especially strong pokémon or wins a lot of battles even though their skill as a trainer isn't actually anything special

-often has an unusual starter, like an eevee or vulpix

-is often given things by complete strangers for shallow reasons

But I wouldn't accuse you of any of the above criteria so far. Katherine seems acceptable so far because her team is mostly under-appreciated pokemon (kudos to you on that! _) like Muk especially. She seems to understand what he says when she talked to him, but it sounds more like trainer/pokémon familiarity than OMGZ I CAN UNDERSTAND ALL POKEMON! EVER SINCE I WAS LITTLE! 'n stuff.

I guess the only thing I didn't like was the pokémon's diets...I thought it was pretty cute how you kind of personalized them that way, but I guess I'm just a bigger supporter of pokemon hunting for their own food. But that's not super important, anyway.
Autumnx chapter 4 . 10/7/2004
Wow, I like the story... Ninetales is my absolute favorite Pokemon.

And Absol and Pikachu... and a few others... Okay, I like most of them! D

Anyway, keep it up, I've added you to my favorite author and Stories list. _-
Yawgmoth chapter 3 . 10/7/2004
Nice story! Keep at it. The thing about the ninetales being the ruler of the forest is good, although you should be careful to avoid overstressing it-its better to let stuff like that develop over time.

Write more chapters!

BTW, I'm writing a story called The End Days. If you could R&R, that'd be a big help. Thanks!
Kamaitachi chapter 3 . 10/7/2004
This is a good story so far!
Keleri chapter 3 . 10/6/2004
Hmm, this is starting to look pretty good. I hope you'll continue.

If you're haivng trouble with formatting, I'd suggest typing your chapters up in microsoft word with a separate document for each chapter. Then save it as HTML and upload it to FFnet. that's what I do and it works quite well.
Asrialys chapter 3 . 10/6/2004
Wow, this has so far been an excellent story. All characters, human and Pokemon alike, are very interesting to read. And you have good description, much better than mine.

v_ballplayer here, by the way.

Oh yeah, about the Qucik Edit thing, it doesn't work like HTML, more like a Word program. For my story, I only use Notepad to create HTML documents so they can actually be like web pages, and I can do about anything with my text. Or at least this site allows me to put.
Psionicnemesis chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
this idea is good for a story especially in the

pokemon section

Indenting? well I used space bar and you can copy

the whole thing on the Microsoft word and transfer

it to the quickedit page. It saves time

and I think this story needs more spacing

Nice grammar though