Reviews for The Gospel According To Tolkien
the Random Oliphaunt chapter 3 . 1/13
This is wonderful!
ATrueHufflepuff13 chapter 3 . 9/11/2013
Did you... ABANDON THIS? I am so mad right now I'm considering exploding. How could you do this to me? How could you leave me in eternal suspense? NOOOOOOOOOOO! FINISH THIS!
ATrueHufflepuff13 chapter 2 . 9/11/2013
Woah, hold your horses. I thought in the last chapter you were repeating that there was no symbolism, yet in this chapter you compare the creation of Tolkien's books to the creation of the world, and just trash the idea of creationalism? WTF?

Ha ha, no, I'm seriously just kidding. I take no offense whatsoever to anything you said. I really liked this chapter, and although Star Wars is one of my favorite movies, Lord of the Rings is definitely my very favorite book. And books are a higher ranking than movies.

Oh, what a tragic end to this chapter!
ATrueHufflepuff13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
I liked it. It had me laughing out loud. Ever part of it. Can't wait to see what the next chapters are like. The part about the Geeks rejecting the younger geeks... gosh, there's a story behind that. A really hilarious one too. But anyway, I don't really have anything other to say than "I enjoyed it."
lauri lehtiaho chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Hilarious! Thank you immensely!
Ccharisma chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Left me howling at my computer. Fantastic stuff. Honor and glory be to you, mighty prophet
Karm Starkiller chapter 3 . 8/4/2010
Oh. My. Word. 'Hysterical' doesn't even begin to describe it. This is one of the funniest things I've read in a looong time.
Oscar and Ruby chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
so well done! everyone (including mouldy parents) we have shown this to have loved it!

love how you used the structure and language of the actual gospel, and made it like this :)

brilliant .
up-and-atom chapter 3 . 9/25/2009
this was intelligent and hilarious. a pleasure to read. i loved it! great job!
LOTRjunkie chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
Your fanfic is absolutely brilliant. It's fantastic. Amazing. There are many many good adjectives that would apply to "The Gospel According to Tolkien". The tone is perfect, completely fitting. Please write more, the world needs to know this.

Also, would you mind if I quoted your story for my English homework? The teachers are currently into that "getting to know you" junk, so my English teacher is having us write about books that influenced our lives. As I am writing about LOTR, I would like to quote the beginning of your fanfic. I am including the link to your page to make sure all credit for the phrase is given to you. If you would prefer that I not, please tell me at the end of your next installment. Thank you.

(Does anyone here read Wired? Just wondering if anybody else saw the article about geeks going mainstream and taking over. It said we should embrace our power, and I completely agree. Geeks, unite together!)
LOTRjunkie chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Fricking hilarious. Awesome. Note: Commandmant 2? I read the trilogy every MONTH.
MakeLoveNotSense chapter 3 . 1/18/2009
This made me laugh so much. I have to confess to being more of a Nerd than a Geek, but going to a Catholic school, this was just hilarious. ('There was much wailing and nashing of teeth' was the bit that got me). Thank you for brightening up my day.
Aldara Gaea chapter 3 . 11/28/2008
Oh my word! I just about died laughing through this entire thing-how fantastic. I have been a proud and loud geek since I was 11 and my cousin read The Hobbit to me while I was in hospital. I was a lucky one; I didn't get teased very often for my geeky-ness and I even had friends who I was able to convert to the ways of the geek. You really know your stuff, I just loved how you used sections of the book to mix in with the bible theme, I especially loved the bit that refered to the houses of the dead of Gondor. Nice one. I got the feeling you've read Eddings as well, but that just might be me seeing things. I love his work too :D
TheHouseOfTheGoldenFlower chapter 3 . 9/13/2008
ZOMG.
SoConfusified chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Lol.

I hope you got a good grade.

;)