Reviews for The Tears of a Dragon: Book 1 The Mandarin
Crosshair chapter 6 . 5/26/2015
... sigh. You know, it's a bit bittersweet to re-read this story now, after all these years. I thought the author had stopped writing.

See, the thing is, while this was one of the first major Yuri Fanfictions I read, and it still has it's charming moments, (the scene with Zhu Shu's stuffed animals is still amusing, even now.)...

I kinda get the feeling that the fic falls prey to slight series bias and fanon problems. VERY slight, but it's there. I have my own fandom biases, but... well, I've started legitimately going through the Sailor Moon anime at last, but also spent some time really reading 'In Which I Watch Sailor Moon,' which really revitalized my interest in the series.
The point of this is: I'm a bit dissapointed in Luna's portrayal here. A lot of fanfiction just have Luna as an annoying, paranoid advisor cat, thrusting a lot of responsibility onto a kid... but if you really think about her situation, Luna's actually a bit of a sympathetic character.
She got hurled into the future, her memories were messed with, and all this just after watching pretty much everyone she knew besides Artemis DIE, and her home utterly destroyed. Now Luna has been trying to work in a world she doesn't recognize with TEENAGERS, and praying that the evils coming down on them don't KILL THEM ALL, with BARELY any support where she used to have an entire KINGDOM to work with. It's a miracle the Moon Cats had Moon Computer tech to communicate. And she's meant to be a political advisor. She's in WAY over her head, and has been doing her best despite that.

Zhu Shu's treatment of her in this chapter... well, it's something that happens in Sailor Moon Fics a LOT, and in all honesty, I didn't notice the first time around. But it's a little sad that Luna gets written off so easily.

Despite this, Tears of the Dragon is REALLY well written, and it was obvious that the author had done some real work laying out story plans even this early in the process, which shows real dedication. It's hard to balance drama with cheeky humor, and the author manages that quite nicely. and with so many series being used... well, it's impossible to please everyone about everything.
Twigon chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
Half a week of nothing but bad interactions, and Akane is in love with him. Maybe he should avoid her- sounds like she's got a thing for screaming matches.

Oh, and a completely-not-awkward kiss and emotional conversation make two girls friends instantly.

Also, kissing between friends is not awkward, nor indicative of any larger attraction.

Man, it must be fun trying to be your friend. Or girl/boyfriend. I imagine you would be one of those people who proposes after three weeks of dating.
Taeniaea chapter 11 . 12/21/2013
cool story
Ranmaleopard chapter 2 . 10/10/2012
This is really awesome and interesting i really like this fic. i can't wait to see what happens next please continue!
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
*EPIC FACEPALM*

Chaos is not about destruction and despair... why does everyone think that? Chaos is about change. About doing something different. Breaking the 'natural order' and turning 'the way things are' on it's head. If that leads to destruction and despair, that's all right, if it leads to joy and harmony, that's good too. Chaos Doesn't CARE! Just so long as something changes...
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
donald7777 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Just wanted to leave a quick comment before I finish book 1. The story is well though out. I have gotten up to chapter 4 and hopefully will finish it soon.

I am glad when reading the story you actually write as if people can see the story unlike saying for example. "Ranma did this, then Ranma did that, Ranma did this etc."

Keep up the great work.
janissasonic.net chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Hi

I just wanted to tell you that i have just discovered your series called Tears of the Dragon. I am only on book one, chapter three but I am hooked and love it. thank you for creating such a entertaining and enticing story.

Janissa
daylitdream chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
I just joined this site after lurking for about 2 years. I must say that in all that time this is one of my most favorite stories, so I thought I would spend a moment to write a review. Your sentences are fluid and very easy to follow, neither to short nor to long. You tend to flow from idea to idea with ease making your story easy to follow, I have not had to reread anything to know what you were referring to.

I assume you have already had people read through and edit this story, because I am unable to think of any critique at the moment. Thank you for such fine work. I for one would love for this novel to become a webcomic.
DarkBlueHated chapter 11 . 5/5/2009
Seriously thought. I want Zhu to be with Ranma and how many other girls he'll be with. It's actually kind of painful just reading this. Like heart wrenching. Great fic, time to read the second book. I'm falling in love with this story!
DarkBlueHated chapter 10 . 5/5/2009
Honestly, I must admit I was wrong about a whole lot of things. The pace was set correctly really. I just kept thinking each chapter as a part of the original cannon and how things were moving too quick. Like a day has only passed. But thinking about it now that's not true, weeks pass quick in the world of anime. And OOC can easily happen when you add one extra person to the mix. One that can drastically affect everyone involved.

I am, afterall, the result of everyone and everything that I've encountered or imagined till now. If I had someone as important to me as Zhu Shu is to them, I would be vastly different from how I am now.

Really, there were nothing drastically wrong at all with this fic. And I really liked the entire fanfic now that I think about it. Overall, the quality was superb. From the amount of text to the amount of speech. The emotions portrayed and felt. It was all quite entertaining.
DarkBlueHated chapter 9 . 5/5/2009
Hah. Interesting twist. It's like everyone is going to be related in this whole affair. Even Ryouga if he ever gets with Kasumi. One big extended family. I'm still curious as to how you're going to solve the Kodachi case however. I recall it being in the list of people that are to be happy due to the wish. Guess I was wrong about the Musk being the enemy, though you can't really forget the horrors they've committed in the past. Unless of course Clan Scorpion was involved in that as well.

Wow, the dance scene left me breathless. It was so sensual and calming but had like a hidden intensity. I was holding my breathe the whole time I read through that part. Wow. Just wow. That single event right there has changed everything in the story. A major turning point.
DarkBlueHated chapter 8 . 5/5/2009
Meh. Tao-Ching feels a bit random. Like just tossed in there to give Nabiki some show time. Okay, granted the whole 'Happiness for all involved' wish would take account for all the youngsters. But really, to throw in a character now feels bleh. Another issue is the fact that he seems so damn 'too good to be true'. Rich as hell, young, and handsome. Walks straight up to Nabiki and sweeps her off her feet. It's a bit too convenient.

Well, I still like the majority of the story. Even though I was kind of hoping there was an apparent 'bad guy' or a bit more comedy so far.
DarkBlueHated chapter 7 . 5/5/2009
A relatively moderate chapter. Nothing too outrageous. It had a calming effect really but I guess that just means a storm is coming. ttrsm.
DarkBlueHated chapter 6 . 5/5/2009
Ranma was a bit TOO cool there! I was practically shrieking with glee.

Well, now I know this fic was written after X Holic or Tsubasa Chronicles.

I'll just throw out. Those enemies are Musk! :x