Reviews for Future Pluperfect
Firen chapter 32 . 7/23/2002
This is probably the best thing I've ever read on . Will you publish this as a book?, because it is excellently written and easily quite a bit better than several books I have read and enjoyed. You are a fantastic writer and I hope this story - novel, really - gets all of the attention it deserves. I don't think I've ever read a more realistic depiction of the X-men and co. with all their foibles, fatal flaws, and heroic faults. Great stuff!
Mara Greengrass chapter 32 . 7/14/2002
I'm pretty sure I e-mailed you feedback somewhere in the middle of the story, but I wanted to let you know as I re-read the end, just how impressive this is. I'm a short story writer most of the time, and I agonize every time I find a tale that takes more that 10,000 words. This truly is an epic, and it never loses momentum or characterization. Absolutely wonderful. I couldn't even begin to describe my favorite parts, except to say that everyone was completely in character (the way I see them, that is, as opposed to the dreck that Marvel has been putting them through recently). Thank you for the time and effort of writing this!
Kitty chapter 32 . 5/17/2002
Epic, epic, epic. Domenika, I've been loving this the entire way through, and moreso right at the end, when it's left open-ended like this. I miss this style: the series, the *epic* both in scope and depth. Action and character development in equal parts; a whole fic. A *wonderful* whole fic. I applaud you.
beck chapter 32 . 5/15/2002
very good story. i would like to see alex tell nathan was mirrin showed him
kitty chapter 27 . 3/12/2002
Whew! Had seen the most recent chapters on OTL and remembered I had wanted to read this. It's taken me weeks, but I got myself up to date. Mhirrin is a great character both for her drive and sense of duty. The way Gambit has been portrayed as smart and capable, that's wonderful too. The interaction between Alex and Bobby, damn, I wish it was still there now... Cable is great as well, especially in regards to Mhirrin and Sam. This is a stunning story and I hope to see more soon.
Christine Belladonna Demerath chapter 24 . 12/22/2001
Really enjoying your preseptions/profiling of the characters... think you're doing an awsome and some time when I'm not at work i'll finishes the last nineteen parts instead of just skimming thought and picking out parts. Can't wait to see some more. Keep it up.
Nokomiss chapter 20 . 8/31/2001
This is a really awesome story. I can't wait for more!
Jean1 chapter 18 . 7/3/2001
I haven't gotten around to commenting on this one yet but i've followed it all the way. Great characterization all around. I'm not a big Cable fan but this story dragged me in with it's intricate plot and excellant use of so many characters. Great to see Sam around too.
Wildcard186 chapter 17 . 6/20/2001
A lot of the battle talk and plans are a bit confusing to my mind, but that's just me. I'm really enjoying this story-though I would like to read more with Gambit-and hope you will post more soon. It's been developing nicely.
Wildcard186 chapter 16 . 6/17/2001
Ew. That was pretty gory. Well, anyhoo, glad you updated. I'll be sure to look for more (hopefully) soon.
paxnirvana chapter 9 . 4/30/2001
Exclaibur fights too, with the DRAGON holding his own. Go Lockheed! (coo!)

And here! Best dialog yet!: ["Oh, cut the self-pity crap, Alex," Scott sighed heavily, anger still in his voice but fading fast. "You've led teams. You've died a few times. Your lover's been co-opted by the forces of evil. That makes you a perfectly average member of the Summers family. Accept it and move on."] What is it with the mansion kitchen anyway? LOL! Watch out for the sliverware. . .
paxnirvana chapter 8 . 4/30/2001
Mirrin is certainly of the Askani'son's time isn't she? Ruthless and direct in her objectives. It's clear she'd there for Nate and little else. But it's the bits of dialog like this that make me smile: [ "Eesh," a groggy Alex made a face as he staggered into the kitchen, half-pushed by his brother. "You woke me up for Betsyfood? I'm not the one with the cast iron stomach, Scott." ] Clever and sly stuff. And a little Cable/Dom 'ship thing goin' too.
paxnirvana chapter 7 . 4/30/2001
Summers family interaction! Uncle Alex (and not even whining too badly here) even acquits himself fairly well in battle. Nicely thought out tactics in the rescue/escape. Bobby's funny too - sniping at that ol' Summers pomposity.
paxnirvana chapter 6 . 4/30/2001
Mirrin tricked Cable! Really, really ruthless enemies that stump the X-Men. And Gambit is once again under suspicion *poor Remy*. Wolvie's at least not a hypocrite, thanks for that.
paxnirvana chapter 5 . 4/30/2001
Oh, ruthless tactics clash with X-Men pseudo-morality. Gettin' into the hard stuff. And now DOMINO! Wherever Cable goes, she soon follows [though she'd kick butt if said to her]. Alicia McKenzie made me actually like the big lug too. . .