Reviews for One Hand Clapping
ChaosD-X chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
Don't cut down on the high-standard English.. *dark grin* That and everything else aside, the first sharp-ringing part seems to appeal and apply a bit more then the second, muffled. Let's assume you meant it. *likes*
Historical chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Forgive me for my tardiness, but I've never been good at reviewing poetry, you know. It takes me back to those days before I realized that there was more to the world than iambic pentameter. But I've always been a sucker for the religious undertones - oh, the humanity, Donne - in some masochistic way. I think you've got Sanzo down pat, but you always have. One hand clapping just about sums it all up. Damn you for thinking of it first.

Oh, I feel so inadequate. Please make my brain melt more often.
Kaeru Shisho chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
This was a well-crafted poem. It even has a rhyme scheme! All poems should rhyme! Now, how about taking some time to get back to your HOLIDAY fic (hint, hint)

-KS
kanzeyori chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
hee! this is so Sanzo. (btw, have you ever heard Tea Party's Samsara? character song for Sanzo, utterly, swear it, say the word and I'll yousendit to you...)

as for my past fic, it's not like I can get at them to edit! heh, HordesOfRavingFangurls..::snickers:: they never really had a chance... The links, I saw, came out wonky, umm, you can find me at tho, username 'permetaform'. I've been vidding more than writing lately (if by lately you mean since the beginning of the year ::coughs::), tho I've written two teeny bits of 58 for the first line challenge that's been going around. ::covers eyes:: oy, I feel rusty.
sf chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
Yup, the login is wonky _. I'm trying to resolve the problem, which mostly involves tinkering like mad and wondering why all the people I know who know anything about PHP are not online ;.

I might have to change host.
dark amethyst chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
o_O...at first the language was too high standard for the capacity of my brain, but in the end it all made sense [after i read it d 2nd time, of course]...howsoever, the whole thing was nice . But please, cut down on the high-standard English. XP Ja *dark amethyst*
authorialintent chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
In response to my dastardly influence: Resistance is futile. You /will/ be assimilated. -laughs-

On the piece:

The title backhanded me, hard, when I realized exactly why you chose it. It took me more than a moment, I'll admit; at first I noted only the surface inanity-the humor and its obvious connection to Buddhism. When I hit the last line and I remembered, though-oh, oh, oh!

I would never have thought to turn Sanzo himself into an Enlightenment cliche, especially one so astoundingly appropriate. What is the sound? A gunshot? Or silence? I loved the way you managed to mock muichimotsu /through/ the blatant absurdity of its own spokes-saying/person, using the actual lines of the piece as small proofs of the logical fallacy it argued for.

I'm atrocious with the intricacies of rhyme/meter (love do postmodernism I *snickers at own joke*), so I'm overly impressed by your successful formalism.

This needs many more re-readings on my part, but "when a mirror comes the eyes will rise to greet it,/And a smirk will come unmindful under brows that stay unknit." was gorgeous, and probably my favorite set of lines. Especially if I'm interpreting this all correctly. *g*

Poor San-chan. We've dragged non-attachment through the dirt almost as much as we have -him-.
Me-Nuriko chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
You say you don't own Sanzo's weird ego. But you still manage to show us glimpses of it, so I'm starting to wonder. Hm? _
solaas chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Lovely, but I eagerly await EftW to let you post it there, so we get to see the format you _intended_ to write it in! :)