Reviews for Before I Sleep
KurobaHikaru chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I don't know whether to be disturbed or amused... Every time I find a new, obscure, animated fandom, either you or one of my other two favorite authors wind up there. XD

I think I'll just be thankful that you're blessing my interests with your writing abilities. :D

The story is well-written and poignant, and the reconciliation between Blackjack and Mona is something I've been wanting to see. Thank you for writing it for us. .
Ellen Brand chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Thanks, everybody. Just to clarify... "Mike" is Michael, one of only two named angels in Scripture. The Archangel Michael is known as the warrior angel, the one who kicked Satan out of heaven, etc. The patron saint of police officers and soldiers, according to the Vatican. Azrael's status as Angel of Death is from Jewish lore about the general time of the early Biblical ages.
Hobbeth chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Well crafted story; quiet but powerful. I'm curious as to where you got Azrael and Michelangelo as names of angels, since those names aren't in the Bible. But I liked the story very much.
InfamousB chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Bloody marvelous! *clapping* Well written, good dialog, a bit quick in it's resolution but very satisfying all around. Hope you get inspired to write more!
Shirley Ann Burton chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
This is well done, Ellen. Having the intruder making Jack face everything he's done in the past and forcing him to realize how unhappy he's made his daughter Mona. The plot was clear, like I was there. I hope you write more in the future.
JML chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Gabriel, Micheangelo, and Azrael. *pauses* nice touch with the Auzzie accent on Az. XD fan of the Croc Hunter.

good piece here, as well. rare to find. kudos!