Reviews for REFLECTIONS ON A HILL
whiteswan chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
I'm glad to see you got past the writer's block! I enjoyed this story very much. Poor Joe, one can only imagine the frustration he feels at that point in time. And how frustrating it is for the others when he refuses to talk to them. By the way...love the tag team bit to find him. Excellent writing as always, hope to see more of your work soon.
Hawk Mage chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
...(light bulb goes on in head)

Oh yeah. Now I remember Gachaman. It's been a long time with that show. Very well written.
Freddo chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Well...first, thanks for the dedication to Gail and I. We're honored!

Second, I'm glad you referenced the tragic scene where Joe's parents were assassinated. All I have seen of that scene to date has been the clip of it they have in the Gatchaman movie...reading the whole scene was heartbreaking.

Third...you've really done a great job filling out Joe and his health struggles. I can also sympathize with him, as I have a bit of an inner ear problem in one ear the doctors can't quite fix; it is not crippling, but it can be annoying, and frustrating when something happens and one is not in the best of health. Thus, Gail and I can sure sympathize with Joe.

Wonderful job; can't wait for more stories about the Ninja Team in this vein.

-Freddo
RedLion2 chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Even though I know next to nothing about either Gatchaman or BotP, this story is great. I love how you manage to make the characters seem so real, even to someone like me who doesn't know them. And even more amazing, you get me to care about them, Joe in particular in this one-shot. I like how Jun refused to go away, even though Joe obviously wanted his privacy. I get the idea that they are a brother-sister type pair, and she only wants him to be happy and know that he's wanted by the team. Great one-shot, anime bud! RL2
BrennaM chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
A great glimpse into Joe's mind..so full of angst. *smiles* Very well written!
Jen23 chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
Thanks for another great read, KSF! This was totally unexpected and another winner.

It's been a while since I read your other wonderful fic on this anime. I easily got into this one as well though I know not much about the show.

What happened to Joe's parents was horrible. I'm glad that he eventually had the Kagaku Ninjatai.

I enjoyed reading when Jun found Joe. It seems that she knows how to handle him; that she can easily communicate with him.

Joe sounds like a good person and I'm glad that Jun let him know how much he is needed to help others.

EXCELLENT job!