Reviews for The Presence of Absence
sixteengrace1600 chapter 1 . 8/13/2020
This is so well thought out, and the characters so well written, thank you!
B chapter 1 . 3/27/2020
This was beautiful, you wrote their love so deeply. Thank you for shsring, adored this, and perfect amount of angst.
grace1600 chapter 1 . 9/17/2019
moving and warm, thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2017
This is by far the best fanfiction I've ever read! You're writing's beautiful!
nojamhands chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
From the bottom of my heart may I say WOW. I am all about angst and forgiveness and you certainly brought a hefty dose of that. Very well crafted - I can totally picture this actually happening in the series...I almost wish it had cause I feel like this kind of openness would've solved a loooot of problems for these two but I digress...the dialogue felt organic and true to the characters voices. I had to work extremely hard to keep myself from actually crying. Great work!
Meags09 chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
I had to read this in several spurts, because otherwise I would have been sobbing uncontrollably. So fantastic!
KoffeeKween chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
I love this story. The idea that they don't fill voids but instead extend each other is beautiful.
Mestizaa chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Amazing. I love every bit of it. Every relationship was portrayed beautifully. You didn't simplify anything which I appreciate because I love the complexity between everyone. That moment between Emily and Lorelai was particularly poignant. Good job!
julesgriffith chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Beautiful! I believe you guys articulated the real issues of their relationship that the show never really did.

The scene with Lorelai and Emily on the sofa-I would have loved to see this play out onscreen.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. So happy I finally stumbled across your work!
Limonali chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I liked this story, but for future writing you should work on saying more by saying less words. It feels too long at times, and it keeps the same dramatic edge. It's better to cut somewhere, say less and then deliver more dramatic effect.
Liz Singer chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I think you are a very good writer. The story had real depth. You created real intimacy between the two of them, really dealt with Lorelei's issues
bob chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
really boring and long and stupid.
paigeT chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
That was so beautiful, honestly amazing. I am literally in tears.
Katelai chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Wow this story is absolutely amazing, I took it all in in one sitting this evening and I am seriously impressed. I love the descriptions you add in, how you guys conveyed the emotions... just everything. The line where Lorelai was thing as paper and how she'd tear, so poetic!

Guh seriously, I am sure you get millions of glowing reviews, but I gotta tell you... this goes on my top five GG-fic stories of all time.

Thank you for going there with Emily too, comparing the two breakups... I don't think I've seen an author make that comparison and it was brilliant.

Picked this up from a Fic-Rec on TWoP by Grizz!
genvessel chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Holy mother of God that is FANTASTIC. Seriously some of the best writing that i've ever encountered. way to be.