Reviews for The Presence of Absence
kaitlin chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
this is a really good story. my suggestion would be to make them into chapters, because its so long.
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
By far...my new favorite story.
oshgpoehrm chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
This is amazing, of course. Long. So long. But very worth it. And there are no 'rough patches' whatsoever. It flows perfectly and beautifully. The way it's written is very poetic... It's almost a shock when they speak and are perfectly in character, perfectly flawed. I love it.
Claire chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
I've always liked this story. Its funny that with recent events, its Luke who was keeping everything in separate 'boxes' and not Lorelai. Funny how things go?
pemberley chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
That was amazing. I cannot believe I have not stumbled upon this fic before-I have read stuff by both of you in the last few years. All in all, it was without a doubt the best LL fic I have ever read, and possibly the best fic I have ever read, period. You should be very proud of yourselves. Very proud.
chmelms chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
I LOVE this story! Think you could give us a sequel?
TentativelyKate chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
I goddamn love this story. Enough said.
no-no-no-no-1 chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
I love this story. It is absolutly amazing. It was my first fanfiction story, but definetly not my last. in my opinion there is nothing you can do to make it perfect. it already is. IT IS FLAWLESS! Awesome, awesome story.
stephanie chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
great story. I enjoyed it :)
thebestday chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Wow. That was really good. It took me over an hour to read, which is suprising because I don't usually have that long of an attention span for a fanfic. I usually start to read something else or talk to someone or just forget about the fic all together. But I didn't with this fic. It kept me entertained and I read the the fic without going to read something else or forgetting.

Basically, this was a great fic.
lukelaiandroryndean chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
That was AMAZING. It was so deep, and powerful. It took me 2 hours to read. It was really long. I'm a slow reader, I know, but, I need to take in every single word to understand it completely, and that it did. This is simply one of the best things I have read in my life. GREAT work!
Adam's Song-182 chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
wow.
pOnDeReSqUe chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
i'm sobbing like i did when i was four. ugh. probably best fic i've ever read. ever. ugh. sob. gorgeous. sob. i love you. sob. AGH. amazing. AGHH!
Muffin Is Injured chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
I really am at a loss for words, and you must believe me when I tell you that this is an extremely rare occurence because I am almost ridiculously verbose. This story made me want to cry- I think I even noted some eye wetness, maybe some tears. I actually would cry if I had less self-respect because crying at a fan fic would be slightly strange, althouhg this fic really warrants it. Perhaps I shall cry because the story deserves it. And the fact I want to cry isn't soley because of the fact that someone just informed me of the existance of the movie Killer Klowns from Outerspace, and I then proceeded to Google it and witness the scariest pictures I have ever seen. Seriously, I looked at it right before I went to bed and I had to google puppies so I wouldn't have nightmares. I told my friend about it and she sent me really scary clown pictures, plus some scary oven mitts, and now I'm positive that there is an evil clown with a machete and oven mitts outside my window that is going to kill me if I go to sleep. I am now afraid to sleep. The point is, although I am already emotionally fragile due to this event, your fic contributed almost 100 percent to the contemplated tears. This fic was so incredibly amazing that I end up talking about clowns when I try to describe it beause, really, what words are there? I kept getting this awkward feeling in my stomach, which tells me if a angsty fic is working for me. And let me tell you, I think my stomach is completely gone due to this fic. I actuallu do feel this weird void in my belly. *looks down* But you can't see your stomach, can you? I guess I'll have to accept that it most likely is there until proven otherwise. But seriously... this is the best angst fic I have ever, ever, ever read. And I don't just mean 'one of the best.' Yeah, the numero uno. I love Lula's stuff, and I love all things holy's stuff (and both of those authors' fics are probably in the 'very top' section of my angst fic love list), and I just think that there is an overload of amazingness in this fic because of both of you. Too much amazingness! I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to read this fic again simply because it is so good. I feel so bad right now and all I want to do is go to sleep and cry. Except I can't sleep, because the clown outside is waiting for me and he will pounce and kill once I sleep. I felt like I WAS Lorelai when you were decribing her Crap period (like Picasso's Blue period, but slightly less eloquent) when she just stopped sleeping. She forgot how to sleep, and that makes me so sad. It makes me feel guilty, too, because, although I have the gift of sleep, I am squandering it by being afraid of the mirderous clown outside my window. I bet there are alot of people who can't sleep who are being deprived, and here I am with the ability yet I disregard it. You see what being depressed does to me, I ramble even more than usual, which I didn't even think possible. I want coffee, and dark chocolate. I hate dark chocolate, and I only eat it when I'm depressed, because it depresses me further as I force myself to eat it. I love coffee, but for some reason, it still seems like a Depressing food item as well as a Happy one. What is it like to be happy? I can barely remember. But now all I can think about is the image of the clown outside my window and I am scared. And this time I keep looking at puppies, and even some drag queens, and yet I am still scared. This is insane. This is a disease. It's 12 30 in the morning, and I have to play soccer tomorrow. Why is life life? Bring me dark chocolate.

In conclusion, I realize most of this is me rambling about clowns and my own lack of anything, but seriously, I just, just, love this fic. I can't find the right words. It's amazing. Stop messing with us lowlifes and go get publishing deals, you insanely talented people. Although prepared to be living in a depressed and over-weight world as everyone around you cries and eats dark chocolate.

xoxo,

hanna
tom chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
...just great, im speechless...
106 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »