Reviews for Something More Than Hopelessness
Hikaru chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Well...I knew that Sano was in love with Kenshin. But I was getting kinda un-nerved cuz I thought he was gonna do somthing with Yahiko for a second, and I was freaking out!

But then it was with Kenshin and it was all OK.

This was still really sad though. Poor Sano. He doesnt get his love. :(
Kenshin's Soul chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
*cries* That's so sad! :( I thought for sure Sano will to Yahiko for love since he couldn't have Kenshin since he's married to Kaoru.

I still think Kenshin should have been up front about his feelings to Sano then letting him on and have sex and then married a woman. I'm a big a SanoKen fan. Bad Kenshin. *sighs*

I believe I faved this fic years ago. Just re-reading it again sitll makes me cry. :(

I hope Sano will be okay when he travels. *hugs Sano*
JuubiOokami chapter 2 . 7/29/2007
OOH! that was so sad! poor Sano! really good!
the sacred night chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
I don't think it was too obvious. I found this story by searching "character 1kenshin & character 2sano" and i still was like... well... which is it? i figured from the beginning it would be kenshin, but then i started to doubt a little because sano talks a lot about how pretty kaoru looks & what she's wearing, wereas all he says about Kenshin is that he's looking at Kaoru adoringly.

Everything went a little fast for me, we didn't really get to savor the details or have much time to get *into* the story, and Sano was ooc because, let's face it, he wouldn't cry, especially in front of Yahiko, no matter how sad he was... he would vent it as anger even if it really was sadness, because men are pretty much taught that anger is the only emotion it's ok to express. and i don't see yahiko being that sympathetic, either. i liked the details about kaoru's kimono and the flowers in her hair & stuff, that was nice, but it would be better if you would give us more sensory details like that. like tell how things smell, taste, sound, etc. not just how they look, and also give us more detail on the things that are actually happening rather than just what a person looks like or something stationary like that. instead of "i cried for a long time," try using a metaphor or a simile, like "i cried for what seemed like hours, until I was sure they'd have noticed me gone, but no one did." Try to be a little more subtle about things instead of just coming out and saying it. You did a great job not letting us know the "lover" was Kenshin, so try that with a few other things. Like try to let us know what something is without actually using the word for it. This can be either an event, an object, or as you demonstrated, a person. You don't have to make a big production of it like you did here, but just subtly slip it in. They do a lot of this in lemon fics because they don't want to type the names of the body parts, so instead of saying "they had vaginal intercourse" they'll say "he entered her." or instead of saying "his erect penis" they'll say "his manhood" pr "his stiffening member." not only does it get them out of typing a word they think is icky, it sounds more poetic. you can do it with other things purely for the poetic sound, though :)
ladybadasskillington chapter 2 . 6/22/2005
Ok buddy, that was a crappy ending. Well-written though.
Erin of the Wood chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
wow, youhad me scared for a minute, even if the sumry sayd yaoi I was almost convinced that it was kaoru ha was talking about, but I think kenshin should have stayed with sano
MeBeShe4815 chapter 2 . 1/20/2005
very good writing-yahiko seems to love sano though...
Yami-MeKayla chapter 2 . 12/24/2004
O_O I loved that it was awesome! Poor Sano. I love Kenshin too!
loveandpeace522 chapter 2 . 10/11/2004
Aww so sweet *blinks back tears* poor Sano..you know you didn't have to leave us like that come on *winks* you can make another chappie *nudge* ah my gosh that was just great really me lurved it..though an update *poke* would be really awesome I mean you do have to end it *winks again* lol
LADIELUCK chapter 2 . 10/11/2004
That was awesome. The first chapter really kept me guessing. I thought it was kenshin but for a second I really wasn't sure - awesome fic.
Miko chapter 2 . 10/8/2004
Okay time to review. It was good (vocab. is not my best subject). I feel so bad for Sano. He's my fave. character. And to answer your question in chapter 1 yes it was obvious. Sorry. hugs.
Mhna chapter 2 . 10/8/2004
GAH!

*glomps!* ;_; this was sweet! YOOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE! *cries*

*ahem* I give you teh golden plushie. Adorn it as your own, because it is of value.
Zoleth chapter 2 . 10/8/2004
*peeks* 'Epilogue'? You mean that's it? No! I want more...!