Reviews for Naruto: The Paths to Power
HirakoA chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
This is so exciting! Your plot leaves so much room for tons of things to happen- The Thunde nin hate the fourth, so will they connect Naruto to him? What will happen between Naru and Sasuke whn they finally meet, can Naruto even keep his cool around Orochimaru... And he could also meet Bee (but I'm probably getting ahead of myself here since Bee probably hadn't appeared when you wrote this)- anyway I can't wait to read on.
foxeatfox chapter 31 . 8/5/2011
Masterpiece. is the only way you can describe this story, it just to bad you discontinued it. I espiecially like your perspective on Naruto which seems a lot more believable than the canon one yet still seeming to stick to Naruto characterization.
corthis chapter 31 . 3/1/2011
wow, this story is an awesome take off naruto, at first I was a bit annoyed because naruto was to me atleast acting fairly out of character without any background saying why but as the story progressed I forgot about that as his character complimented the story more and more.

This story is very well written, I don't normally review stories because I spend a lot of time fixing all their mistakes in my head, but I didn't do that at all this story, I liked this story so much that I read it all in one go, it took me around 8-9 hours. Can't wait for future updates.
Chorus of Shadows chapter 6 . 9/13/2010
I like this story. The drama runs very high in this, and while I personally prefer adventure/humour, this is definitely well written.

You could change a little bit though, like the fact that drama isn't always the "everyone hates me my life is so difficult" stuff. Suspense is a lot better at catching people's attention than sadness is. This doesn't apply to what you wrote previously, since it was necessary. I'm just looking forward to a less emo story, if you know what I mean.

PS: dark does not equal emo

PPS: I LMAO'ed when Sakura asked "does he love me back?" at the end of the chapter. It took his constant asshole-ish behaviour, his total rejection of her feeling AND his betrayal of the village for her to even consider he might not have the same feelings as she does. Win.
Random chapter 2 . 9/4/2010
I've only just read the first chapter and I can appreciate the ideology behind it but I think that the way that you characterised Gai isn't quite right. Now you may be writing a completely different role for Gai to play in this story than he plays in both the series and in the manga, however I just think that he is out of character.

Random
bub23453 chapter 31 . 8/18/2010
no offence but THIS is what i hate about ... really good stories discontinued with no warning and no note as to what's going on and WHY it was discontinued in the first place.

This was a REALLY good fic, I'm just peeved you didn't finish it so it felt like i read over 200k words for nothing... could you at least tell us why you stopped?
Red Nin Turtle chapter 6 . 8/8/2010
This is about the time that you start thinking "And why did she graduate at the top of her class again?". Sometimes I think that Sakura should start feeling emotions like normal people do. All she is is sad and happy, on and off again. Why isn't she ever angry, I mean really angry, at someone? Instead of crying over everything, she should scream, disappear, train, do something other than cry into her pillow! Sakura is so blinded by obsession and love that she can't see that the only way Sasuke is ever coming back is for an is a smart, but, come on! Pull yourself together! Sorry for the rant, you've got an awesome story. :oD
Banished Soul of Darkness chapter 5 . 2/25/2010
Tsunade is not a good leader.

the problem with her actions is that even though they might be necessary(i dont think so) she is giving up morale and pride of Konoha, especially because many WILL no longer be loyal to her. they will look elsewhere, nuke-nin, orochimaru, other villages, etc... because konoha is no longer powerful enough.

also in canon only 7 ninja died in the invasion...one of those being Sarutobi.
Banished Soul of Darkness chapter 4 . 2/25/2010
very very unlikely, especially because orochimaru is a nuke-nin, especially so that he betrayed two major countries that were 'allied' with him, wind and fire, plus making many enemies with his experiments in their countries.

it'd be like if Britain allowed Bin-Laden into their country and protected him. the US would attack somehow, otherwise the country would be destabilized because of the anger of the populace.
KonIsMyName chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
No offense but so far this story is horrible. You've portrayed Naruto as an idiot and everybody's whipping post. I'll give a couple more chapters since they're fairly small before I ditch this story...
Kyuubi666 chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
wow. U totally got Gai's personality down.
Hotstreak's crossover stories chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Mtg.Uzumaki1 chapter 2 . 12/28/2009
whys it start with part 11
God Amongst Mere Mortals chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
Alright, I'm glad nekoken told me this started out slow... a chuunin exam bound to end in disaster. It's picking up some speed now. A little dramatic in word choice for my taste, but good.
starwarsdude8221991 chapter 31 . 6/19/2009