Reviews for Who Wants To Live Forever?
MurdocsAngel chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
I know what you mean about the soundtrack for Highlander...I've been looking for it ever since I saw the movie again...*sigh* Queen's best work if I do say so myself

Anyway, this was a great story. I cried at the end.
Ria Lucas AKA Xayian chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
I liked it. But I'm wondering how can you possibly leave this with one chapter? Unless, of course, it's to finish...the Force. ;)

Good story

ria
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Very interesting concept. I thought you might lead Jack, Jr. into a job with the watchers. If he's been a thousands of years old immortal, and only 18ish or perhaps 19 now, all he'd have to do is change his hair color, really.

As a one-shot ending with Jack's final death this is still interesting. And certainly worth following up with Jack the original thinking about his sub-life that is seperate that he didn't experience with a true death.

Another interesting way to go is if this Jack-original really did black ops instead of just the paperwork to make it look like he did, then someone in the chain of command, possibly even the president would know he's immortal.

So very interesting overall. I kinda like the idea of Jack complaining about his knees as a cover-up for perfect health.

As I have said in the past to others who write Jack as an immortal - why make him as old as the hills? In my opinion think a younger immortal, yet seasoned all the same would be even more interesting. Well, there really are so many possibilities, I guess, once you decide Jack's an immortal.

Thanks for sharing this tale. I really enjoy Jack POV stories and mini-Jack stories.
Magda1 chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Brilliant!

So poignant, sad, and very Jack.

By far the most original 'Jack as an immortal' scenario story I've read.

Mind you, I want a sequel - couldn't he revive despite lack of detectable buzz?
QueenH chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
That was well done. Sad ending, but nicely written. Curious how it is that if Jack was immortal before he was cloned, how did he not end up immortal or at least pre-immortal afterwards?
20 | « Prev Page 1 2