Reviews for The Steward and the Queen
Mark chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I know this review is out of order, it's not even a review, more like a commendation. I just finished "I've Made My Choice" and you just Rock! You are the best fanfiction writer on LOTR that I have read. It's as if I was reading Tolkien. Great Job!
Lily1992 chapter 14 . 7/25/2011
I really loved this Story XD
Lockets and Beads chapter 14 . 7/28/2008
that was good. i liked it.
x-Rose-Tyler-x chapter 14 . 12/23/2006
Lovely sequel! I'd love to see a prequel as well!
wellthatdepends chapter 14 . 12/23/2006
A beautiful, well-written fic!

Loved the detail you put into it, and how you incoporated elements from both the book and movie.

I always felt the development of the relationship between Faramir and Eowyn was very brief, and the extra tidbits you gave the reader were excellent. Also loved the part Arwen played in it, waiting for Aragorn and playing advice-giver to the couple. I particularly enjoyed how Arwen was sometimes puzzled by some of the rituals of men, I felt that to be very true to her, as both an elf and a northerner.

This fic was very enjoyable, from start to finish. The character were superb, and the minor characters provided a nice break from the major characters (if that makes any sense)

Great job XD
Jedi Buttercup chapter 14 . 12/17/2004
What a wonderful way to end this part of the tale. I enjoyed the hints at the future of Arwen's brothers, as Tolkien rather left them up in the air; I can never get enough Faramir & Eowyn; the beginnings of the romance between Eomer & Lothiriel were sweet; and it was nice to see some of the various tasks and pursuits the hobbits were busy with during their lingering stay in Minas Tirith.
Julia chapter 14 . 12/15/2004
What a wonderful ending to wonderful story! I loved it when Frodo was teasing Sam about Rosie, and when Faramir told Eowyn about his schoolboy crush on her grandma. Is there any chance we might get a sequel to this? I'd love to hear how Idril fares in Anorien, and if E&E and B&B manage to hook up. And as always I'd love more of Arwen/Aragorn and Eowyn/Faramir, as you write the couples so well.
lindahoyland chapter 14 . 12/14/2004
This has been a lovely story, I shall miss you for a great read.
Ryan chapter 14 . 12/14/2004
This was a great story. The only disappointment was that it didn't say "The End: to be continued in another upcoming story." Is this the end of Arwen's story, or will you keep going once you finish the Black Gate?
Julia chapter 13 . 12/5/2004
Aw,I loved little Thorongil (for that whole scene I was picturing a slightly younger version of the kid who played Blakeney in "Master and Commander.)I think Aragorn and Faramir have the right idea about Ithilien. It gives Aragorn a chance to solidify his leadership role in Gondor and it gives Faramir an opportunity to escape, for a time, the city where so many tragic things happened to him. Also very glad to see that Idril will be busy, and if not happy, maybe content, with her new role. More soon please!
lindahoyland chapter 13 . 12/4/2004
This is very touching that someof the lords are children,very likely though Tolkien didn't say.

I always imagine Faramir having to divide his time between Gondor and Ilithien, I like your reason why he goes there.

Another delightful chapter.
korrd chapter 13 . 12/4/2004
Great fic. It is however very confusing with all the relatives and stuff that everyone has. I mean in your other fics I was able to get a small handle of Aragorn's family but in them you never brought up Halbarad to my knowledge. Also with the familiar ties in Rohan and such it is confusing to myself. Oh yeah I don't think this is very important I just want to know why you refer to people such as Aragorn and his relatives as Isilduroni? I mean I know it has to do with the fact that they are of Isildur's line but in none of the books did it ever refer to Aragorn as Isilduroni or Elrond as Thingoloni (sorry that is my approximation of it). Update soon.
Julia chapter 12 . 11/29/2004
Beautifully described feast, right down to the plate! Nice to see Eowyn and Faramir getting congratulations from everyone, and Eomer even got to meet his Lothiriel. The scene at the end between Aragorn and Arwen was very sweet and romantic, especially when he told her about their daughters the same way she had told him about Eldarion. More soon please!
lindahoyland chapter 12 . 11/28/2004
I felt I was at this banquet,you described it so well !I think the betrothal is much better hear than at the funeral !

You deserve far more reviews for this story.
Redone chapter 12 . 11/28/2004
It is a wonderful story, I like your descriptions of the festivities and rooms and clothes and other items; but most of all, IMHO, the value of this story, and other stories of yours, is the universe you are creating, which is incredibly rich, and very realistic/plausible, and very very alive. All those people you bring to life, for example that ancient Queen Dowager, and all those lineages, and connections, etc, these make the story so fascinating, they sort of bind the universe together, for in this way the characters do not stand alone. I feel this gives them more depth. You write, for example, "The eldest favors your father and my grandmother", and immediately I can go to another story, and check who you meant, and I have all their descriptions and backstories and what they do or say - and in this way you weave a fascinating fabric.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »