Reviews for Tinged with Red
sturms.sun.shattered chapter 10 . 12/23/2014
I just want to say, even though this was posted ten years ago I'm really glad I found it. It was really wonderful how everyone utilized their strengths, it was well researched, and it made me really feel for Adric. The characterizations were just beautiful, the interactions were perfect, the adventure was compelling. I had to stop reading around chapter seven, but I jumped right back on it as soon as I had the chance.

Thank you so much for taking what must have been many hours of writing to complete this! There is such a dearth of compelling fics about these companions and it's such a shame. They are not usually handled with such dignity, but there was not I point where I couldn't identify with them. JNT made a huge mistake by trying to make the characters interesting by being aliens or stranded airline hostesses, but never delving into what made them interesting. This fic really is the gold standard for a Fifth Doctor adventure and I will recommend it widely. 10/10!
zealousfreak27 chapter 10 . 4/17/2012
I read this a long time ago. Beautiful.
Ennairam Atrum Austerus chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
"Quite simply, Adric, you mustn't go about staring at young women—"

I just let out an involuntary snort of fondness XD
Janiqua chapter 10 . 4/18/2007
Loved your story! It was well written, well thought out, and actually complete, which is always nice. You did a good job.
sushigal007 chapter 10 . 8/7/2006
Hi, I just read the entire fic I and I thought it was great. The characters were spot on and I was hooked from start to finish. Thanks for a fab read.
MissHaunted-MoonLight chapter 10 . 5/13/2006
This fic is absolutely wonderful!

I was so hooked that I've read the entire thing in about two hours, when it would usually take me days to read such a long and in depth fic. I loved it!

The relationships between the Doctor and Nyssa was beautiful, and that little bit of mild Nyssa/Adric at the end was so sweet. Tegan was just completely in character, her attitude spot on! Gotta be one of my favourite companions, Tegan.

And this is definately one of my favourite fics! Amazing! Thanks for this, I really, really enjoyed it!

Misshaunted x
dblauvelt chapter 10 . 12/6/2004
What kept me coming back to the story was the pace and resemblance to the old characters and period of the early 5th Doc team, it was like tuning into a new story each week. Of particular note was the Doc/Nyssa interaction and the scientific approach to problems. The story could be slightly shorter, but overall an enjoyable pace- it made me miss the old days.
Lennie2 chapter 6 . 10/18/2004
Hi

just wanted to say well done on your story Tinged with Red. I am looking forward to seeing how it ends. :0 Please don't keep me waiting too long. And well done for writing Adric sympathetically

Elaine
KimotoCat chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
I just finished reading chapter one - and shame on me, I will not return to read more before all chapters are here! It's too nasty to wait...

When that is said and done: This is another wonderful Patrice J fanfic. Wonderful characterization and lovely side-story about the maturety of Aldric. Adolescence can be such a pain! I can't wait, but I'll try to endure until the final chapter arrives.

Keep'em coming, Patrice!
dblauvelt chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Very light touch and good characterization of Adric (so he really isn't a Friend of Dorothy? i always thought he'd be after the doc...). Tegan starts off almost too nice, but love her interaction with the doctor, very nice.

-perhaps ground water/water table not streams?

Awaiting part 2 :)
warinbabylon chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
Excellent! Can't wait to see more. Another excellent story from Patrice.