Reviews for The Advancement Of Learning
chisscientist chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I enjoyed this story, although it is definately AU. I can't honestly imagine the Noldor or the Teleri putting up with hiding the truth on such a vast scale. Elvish memories are too long for forgetfulness to work as well as with humans, and truth has a tendency to come out. I do like the story though. Provided I take the political situation to be as you have shown it, it reads true. I have added it to my C2 Of House Finarfin in the first age. I hope you don't mind.
Nariel chapter 3 . 9/9/2007
I read this story a loonngg time ago (almost a year to be exact), but I had only found how to review rather recently however. I do love stories that have Finrod in them and yours is definitely in my top 5. I was wondering could you write another story about either Amarie or Finrod? You do them so much justice. *I so envy you* Well please, please write about them again!

CONTINUE writing and namarie!
Eruanneth Luin chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Though I rarely search this site, your story was recommended to me. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed your 'lessons with Finrod'. And I might add, the fact that you have read part (or all) of the Leithian Script by P l was a big plus. My friends and I have truly enjoyed that one, too. Thank you for this evocative insight into a highly possible encounter in the Blessed Realm. I plan to head for Chapter 2 shortly.
Cindy chapter 3 . 3/29/2005
. !

I love it! Please write more!
Vaneria Potter chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
Very good.

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. My spell checker missed them.

Actually, there is a possible way to write a Nienna/Melkor fic. I'm currently working on it.

Want a heads up when it gets published?

Nat
Shihali chapter 2 . 2/27/2005
Please tell me you're continuing this one!
Inglor chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Ah... More Finrod. I am working on something similar... Post rehousing Finrod.

Being my favorite character, I am interested in all things Firnod and have found just what I am looking for.

I think the Revisionist twist is a good one and well explained. I found Finrod perfect especially his sarcasm about who he was.

My only nitpick is that you could make this longer without being verbose. There are a lot of details that you could add and expound on. I have the same problem with my fics. The fic is great as it stands but it could be fuller and more detailed and an even better read. You have an astounding command of the mythology, use it! There are people like me who are thirsty for writing like this, not only the subject but the quality.

Inglor
Celebestel chapter 2 . 10/12/2004
*smiles* 's a nice story. Well-characterised . . . *nods* I like it muchly . . .

*wanders off to add him to her Author Alerts, wondering vaguely why she hadn't already done so*
Tauriel chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
It's nice to find among this senseless stuff something worth reading. Thanks. But I do have one GREAT objection. Galadriel never took part in the Kinslaying. More of that, in one of his last works (which can be found in HoME Vol. XII, if I'm not mistaken) Tolkien wrote that Artanis fought fiercely AGAINST the Sons of Feanor, defending her kin.
jilian baade chapter 2 . 10/11/2004
It was good, but I sort of feel this fic is unfinished. Finrod needs to speak of the good things the Noldor did too.
Ellfine chapter 2 . 10/11/2004
What a cool concept! I love it! Please write more! What about Amarie? Will she show up in here too?
ccarol chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
It's lovely, and well-written, and Finrod is wonderfully Finrod, but I think the whole premise is seriously flawed. I think it's implausible that Elves could allow _that_ much history to be forgotten and/or censored. I can't cite a specific Silm passage to say _why_, but it just seems out-of-character for Elvish culture in general.
Noldo chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Very nice indeed. Re-embodied Elves are *very* interesting, and you've done a nice job with Finrod - how Parmiel doesn't realise who it is, and she wonders why he knows so much.

I like the slight snarkiness in 'For the past ten minutes or so, he has been talking about himself to a scholar from Valimar.' It's actually a line I'd expect from Feanor, and not from someone 'nice' like Finrod, but it seems to work anyhow.

It's interesting that the histories gloss over Findarato's life. I suppose that the Vanyar and such didn't really approve of his dying for some unwashed mortal.

Leithian Script! I must have missed that reference.

*pops off to read the whole thing again*
slayer9649 chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
I certainly hope that this is the first of many, many chapters, because you've captured my attention, most thoroughly. I've always liked Finrod, but have concentrated more on his cousins. The possibilities of what his life would be like after *he* was rehoused never crossed my mind. I like the way you've shown the history of Arda glossing over, or belittling the achievements of Findaráto; they might well have done that since he died to protect the Mortal, Beren. It makes you wonder how they remember the sacrifices he and Lúthien made, thanks to Finrod's protecting him from the werewolves. I look forward to reading more of your intuitive chapters.