Reviews for Weaver
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Tialar chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Wow... I searched for some Lotr poetry the last days..

But that was simply the best poem I found.

I nearly cried reading it, and I love how the identity of the narrator (Is it "lyrical I" in English?) is revealed in the last line.

A wonderful poem...

I think I'll read some more of your work, because you seem to be a very talented writer.

;) Wish I could write english better...

Tialar
Shootingstar7123 chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
That was really lovely. In certain parts it reminds me a bit of the Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, which is my favorite poem. Kudos to a job well done.
demeter d chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I found you on a Parma Erussen forum. I see this poem has been up for a bit, but I will write anyway. It is lovely. We see the point of view at the very last line, a melancholy expression from the parent who will let her go. The flow of the words is like the rhytmn of a loom working. I like it very much. Best of luck on your writing.
Banshee Queen chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Omg! *Takes a deep breath* This was just...*takes another deep breath* Compared to most poems (where I just skim over what they've written) I actually read this one line for line & truthfully this did take my breath away.

The last line left me absolutely breathless! No wonder you won that award & damn straight you deserved it!

:0 (Face from shock of good poem.) Lol.

Banshee Queen.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
I'm reading this out loud, it's the only way to appreciate the intracies. It flows beautifully. Those last two lines . . . ouch. Took my breath away.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
So sad! This was so well-written. It read like a ballad or ancient poetry. Absolutely beautiful!

~Avie~
JacktheMonkeyxo chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
that was GREAT
Saturn's Hikari chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
wow.

This is really great. You have a real gift for rhyme. I think the last bit is missing something though. To me it seems a bit unfinished.

Great, though. I love that Arwen is finally seen as she really is, with out people having to give these awesome bloody fight scenes. Awesome job.

Cheers,

Saturn's Hikari
Neige chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
I love this! I don't read or write much poetry anymore, but this was outstanding! I was very unhappy with Moivie!Arwen. Such a good Book!Arwen piece has really made my day.

I liked the recurring forms, especially. It really brought the whole thing together. And, of course, finding out that Elrond was the speaker. :D

I'm putting this on my favorites list! :P
whYFeL chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Lovely. Sad. The tale of the Valar and the Evenstar both. Appropriate.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
"You cry at last, and I too weep

For the daughter I cannot keep."

Ah, I knew that ridiculously long thread had to turn out something productive. What lovely verbal lace! I think even Maka would like it. (Although I must admit that "If he is King, you shall be Queen" elicited a "lavender's blue, dilly dilly" from my sad, small mind.)
FreaknessForDummies chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Brilliant poem! Actually, browsing through your LOTR poetry, I find it all quite good! Such a joy to see that there are still people who can actually WRITE on I haven't as yet read your Sil fics, mostly because I'm not as familiar with the material (it took me ages just to get through it, let alone remember any of it), but I will.

Love the composition style. The couplets really work well, and you've captured Elrond's sentiments about his daughter's choice very well in my opinion. You seem to really know the characters. Keep it up!

-Ké.
Me chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
I don't know what a wit about poetry and rarely read it, but book!Arwen enticed me and so I read this. And I liked this very much, I read it aloud and the rhyming is very good. The ending is sad ~sniffle~
Eruannath chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
Another great poem by wonderful Vana! :) I love this one. The rhythm commanded by the simple words "Weaver, weaver..." It's almost musical. I especially like the last verses: "You cry at last, and I too weep/For the daughter I cannot keep." *sob* You know how to awake those emotions ;)