Reviews for Hands Fall Together
Anon chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
Please come back...two year anniversary is about to pass...
Serena of the Moon chapter 11 . 12/27/2011
Amazing!

You can definitely get away with long waits in between chapters if this is the kind of stuff you produce.

I'm feeling so bad for Mamoru. Can't you make Artemis the go-between since Minako is taking a break? That way Mamoru will have someone else to talk to and Minako will know what's going on. Everyone wins.

I can't wait! I can't wait for all the things that will happen once the senshi are more united.

Great scenes (awesome fighting scenes!) and, of course, your writing itself never seizes to entice me.

~Serena
Bin82501 chapter 11 . 12/22/2011
fantastic story. Can't believe I've overlooked it for so long! PLEASE CONTINUE
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 9 . 12/10/2011
This is such an engaging story! I particularly enjoy the characterization. Your character dialog is the best I've even seen in FF, if a bit sparse. Which, on second thought, may be part of it's charm. (Except for Minako- what you have seems a little bi-polar.)

But... I feel telling the story from the Generals' point of view takes a lot away from the suspense (on the other hand, it's a FF, so we know what is going to happen anyway), it does make it more impactfull when they are eventually killed in the line of service. I see what you are doing there, and I think it's a good thing.

To answer your question from a year ago, I did pick up on Makoto's cameo, but I can't remember what it was. But I saw it.

Lastly, any idea of when you are going to update again? I noticed you posted this story in 2004 or some such thing. That's an average of about one or two chapters a year. So, I think it's time for an update.

You know, I can appretiate that quality takes time, and also that real life can get in the way. But maybe you have an idea of when we can expect new chapter to start happening again?

Watch out for Youmas (well, in my case, evil Calculus Finals originating form the Netherverse),

Ducks
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 3 . 11/9/2011
This is one heck of a story. I don't like Sailor Moon, (though I do think it could be enjoyable if it was made for more mature audiences and made in modern times rather than the 80s or 90s) but I do like good Sailor Moon fanfiction. This is definitely a good SM fanfic. Good characterization, great details, very well written,it's great. Keep up the good work!
dekita chapter 11 . 9/30/2011
So I finally got around reading this. To be honest, I really didn't want to read this story, because for one it's incomplete, and two your updating history is pretty slow. I hate to be disappointed from reading something really good, only to realize the author is probably never going to update, or I'll have to wait 2 years for another one. BUT, please do know, this is not a rant...

I knew this story going to be good. I kind of have this hunch about certain fanfic writers... after reading a lot of crap, I know how to weed out the good and the bad. You, Kihin Ranno, are really good. Not to give you an bloated ego, but good fanfic - good Sailor Moon fanfic writers are hard to find. This is what I have to say.

I'm sure you know that you're good with plot development, characterizations, pacing, etc etc... I won't go into that matter because I'm sure you've heard it all. What I must tell you, is that you have managed to make the first season of Sailor Moon - a really mundane season in my honest opinion, and have made it so. much. more. interesting. It's extremely difficult to find a first season story that takes so many elements from it, and is able to bring it back to life. The story has a very episodic feel to it, just like the anime. But it's not mundane. It's sooo interesting!

My favorite part of the story are the character conflicts. What I like about them isn't the fact that it adds some dimension to the story, but rather they can be really unexpected. You've managed to capture this essence really well, something that I quite frankly have not seen in many stories. The conflict is REAL. It's not manufactured. I find myself really surprised by them - caught off guard. The conflicts between each character are not made to just make the story more angst - but rather make it so they grow. And while it may not be perfect - such as the conflicts themselves are becoming a little more episodic, they're not predictable. And the point I'm trying to say is that you've managed to make this story so unpredictable.

And that's what I like the most out of this story. Usually, when writers use the canon material to re-write a season, I worry on really predictable things such as if they're planning to keep one element - like Mamoru's kidnapping and brainwashing, or other things. However, for this story, I'm always kept on the edge of my seat, wondering how the Senshi & Kamen are going to win their battle. The battles with Jadeite were really intense. I think that intensity was absent in a few earlier chapters with Nephrite, but they came back with Reiko's attack and the museum battle. I love it. You've managed to make the Senshi vulnerable in a very realistic manner. No, there's no manufactured conflict such as whether one of the Senshi will run away because Mars said something mean to them (which is so irritating!) No. It's whether Mars will be able to walk again, or if Kamen will reach the battle scene in time... things like that. I love it...

So, please continue on being unpredictable and badass while you're penning this story. This is a very good AU piece - quite possibly one of the better re-writings of the 1st season. I just hope you continue to update this story, and finish it within the next 2 years (yes, 2, because anymore and I think I might die of anxiety)
a reader chapter 11 . 9/23/2011
This is my favorite work of yours, and I don't know why it's taken me so long to finally sit down and read it! Where do I start? The idea is fantastic. This is how an alternate reality SHOULD be done. It's not a complete rehaul with everything changed but the character's names, but a very well thought out look at how things could have been different and the consequences of those turns be a very real twisting of the events, the relationships, and the pacing in the original story. The quality here, from the action to the angst to the humor, is amazing.

There are very few authors who pay attention to battle scenes and tactics the way you do, and I appreciate that. The villains are fleshed out and actually SCARY. I love that the horrors of these events linger on the victims and the fighters both emotionally and physically (Shingo's PTSD, Usagi's leg, Reika's hair, Mamoru's guilt, Ikuko's paranoia). It's not all cleaned up neatly after the battle of the day, and that's how it should be.

Every character in this story in this story is alive. The relationship dynamics are so well-written. It's great seeing Mamoru feeling so out of sorts with his situation, and seeing how he, Luna, Rei and Ami are fumbling to overcome the missing link between them to build relationships with each other. It's so interesting to see how the game changes without Usagi. Mamoru's a starter in the game as opposed to a late distraction or substitute, and that completely changes his footing in the fight. Ami is slower to gain her confidence and feel a sense of belonging in the group. Rei's kind of bubbling over because she can't fully direct her frustrations at Mamoru, who she has a thing for, or Ami, who wouldn't be able to handle it. Without Usagi there to take her blows and fight back, she doesn't have that punching bag she so needs to get everything out and make sense of things. I can't wait to see how Makoto works her way into this group and how that's going to change things. Minako is already amazing and I can't wait to see more of her (though, I must admit, the flirting scene with Tuxedo Kamen seemed a little random and out of place, especially given what just preceded it).

I love, love, love what you've done with Usagi in this story, which I'm glad to say after reading such a frustrating portrayal of her in Forgotton Forever. She's been kept expertly in the background, but every scene of hers we do see is careful and moves the plot forward. It's a slow burn, but the buildup is amazing. Mamoru's awareness of her takes its time, and his feelings are building in a very natural, very believable way. I love that you don't change her into something she isn't here in order to make to make her better or worse than she actually is. Even the way she speaks, when criticizing Mamoru for being a coward or thinking about Reika loving Motoki, is on point - short, child-like sentences, blunt thoughts, unpretentious, but poignant in their honest own way. I love that even though she's not Sailor Moon, she still has her agency, and she still demonstrates her fighting spirit. I appreciate that her feelings for Motoki were explored because seeing that she could love somebody and not have him was important to her growth, as was exploring her family life.

Anyway, I hate to pester, but I really hope to see an update soon please! This story is too good for you not to share.
Rasei chapter 11 . 9/10/2011
THis story is brilliant and well-written. I couldn't stop reading it until I got to the end. I love the interactions between the girls and Mamoru. Is Makoto going to reappear soon? I know she showed up once at the Shrine.
Miss Katiebear chapter 11 . 9/4/2011
Gosh, I don't think I've reviewed this before, but I can't believe how amazing this is. I love all the little details and jokes thrown in, and I'm very pleased with the direction in which the story is headed. I'm seriously hoping for an update on this soon because it quickly became my favorite SM fanfictions alongside EightofSwords' works.

So pleeease, update this soon!
Gwen xx chapter 11 . 6/1/2011
I absolutely adore this story! It's packed full of events and yet still easy to follow, which is usually difficult with epic stories.

I love all the fighting/action scences which never fail to make my heart race and am looking forward to the next chapter with uncontained excitement!

For a start, it'll be interesting to see what's going to happen with Usagi and how Mamoru will get her to forgive him (if at all) and now I'm really curious regarding Rei's father, it seems he's playing dirty afterall.

So far, my favourite character is Zoisite, I can sense his slimy, backstabbing personality from here!
a little angry chapter 11 . 5/25/2011
Not a dead fic my a**!
Aura chapter 11 . 5/7/2011
This story is amazing. So well-written! Please update soon, or I might drive myself crazy wondering what will happen next!
YazzyFic chapter 10 . 4/27/2011
Yessssss! Usagi! I was so pleased at her taking an active role! I'm absolutely loving this story. Thanks so much for writing it! Now on the the last chapter you posted! (Although I really hope you update soon, I don't know how long I could wait for more!)
Gateman chapter 11 . 3/21/2011
Every fandom has 2 great stories that stand above all others. One will be so unique that if a few names were changed, it could be considered an original work. The other stays true to the source material but tells it in such a compelling way that it would probably be accepted if it became canon even if it would have to be in a different continuity; that story is yours. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
TropicalRemix chapter 11 . 2/7/2011
love the story so far. When are they going to find lita? Is usagi going to be sailor moon? I hope you continue this story. Can't wait till the next chapter.
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »