Reviews for In the World of Elves and Men
queenofhollows chapter 3 . 7/4/2011
please write more i do very much injoy your stories
Serena chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
I really like the way you've written the stories related to chloe x legolas. :) Are you going to update this story anytime soon? I'm curious as to how the story will progress.
chelsea chapter 3 . 4/7/2005
I loved the story. and thats the whole point of fan FICTION you twist it the way you want it.)If they don't like it, then they don't have to really read it, now do they? I thought it was great and please update it agian. It will be interesting to see what happens next.
Ms. Unknown chapter 3 . 10/22/2004
Wow. Intense lol. I can't believe it. That was a great chapter. They almost became friends; until she realized that they were elves. So close lol. Update again soon! ]
LadyV77 chapter 3 . 10/21/2004
Wow, you've really set it up so that it will be difficult (to say the least) for each couple to get together. I can't wait to see where you go with this. More please!
atruwriter chapter 3 . 10/21/2004
Cant wait to read more.
scifichick774 chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
Amazing what you'll believe when you're raised a certain way. I really liked this chapter. It really helped to set things up a little more.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
Loosen up, child. We're only trying to defend our fandom. Why are you even writing in a fandom with such detailed rules, hm? Why not run along and make up your own fantasy world where every guy looks like poor Orlando Bloom and has an eighteen-inch schlong?
Cilmesse chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I'll start with the positive things. Your writing skills are obviously much better than what the average author on this website has. You also get points for not writing yet another "Fellowship and some extra girls" story.

Now to the less positive things about your story: you really need to do more research into the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, or the die hard fans of LOTR will rip this story to pieces. In fact, after you've read my review, you might already feel like someone just did that. Because I'm feeling nice and helpful today, let me explain just how your idea of certain events in Middle-earth history is not quite correct, so that you can rewrite certain parts of your story and make a bit less of a canon violation. Let's begin, shall we?

There's no way the Witch-king of Angmar could have witnessed the death of his daughter when Numenor was lost. The Ringwraiths first appeared around the year 2250 of the second age. The downfall of Numenor took place in 3319. Even if the man later known as the Witch-king had had any offspring, they would have been long dead by the time the island sank under the waves. That's another thing that you've got wrong about the whole Lostariel plotline, by the way: you mention the girl screaming at the sight of the enemy. What enemy? Nobody attacked Numenor. On the contrary, the Numenoreans attacked Valinor, which led to the Valar seeking for the aid of Eru, who then changed the shape of the world. As a result, the island of Numenor was swallowed by the sea along with its rebellious inhabitants.

Where do you get the idea that marrying Lothiriel would give Boromir the right to the crown of Gondor? Claiming his right to the kingship through his wife's right didn't really work for Arvedui several centuries before, even when his wife was the sister of the late king, so why should Boromir be any more successful? Especially since I don't really think the princes of Dol Amroth were that close in kinship to the rightful kings of Gondor to begin with. Also, it seems to me you're blissfully unaware of the fact that Boromir's late mother Finduilas was Imrahil's sister. That makes Boromir and Lothiriel first cousins, which in its turn results in two things. Firstly, it may well be that the rule about marriage between first cousins being a forbidden thing, which was the law in Numenor, would still be in effect. Secondly, what ever rights and status you think Lothiriel had would already be in Boromir's possession, since he was, through his mother, a direct descendant of the princes of Dol Amroth and of Mithrellas, their elven foremother. Then again, it's not like the Stewards of Gondor weren't of noble descent to begin with, so Boromir was definitely, in his own right, already about as noble as you can get in Gondor. However, even all that would not make him capable of getting the throne, because you needed to be a direct descendant of Elendil to qualify. You know, like Aragorn.

Imrahil and Aragorn may be kin to an extent, what with both descending from Numenorean ancestors, but I doubt Imrahil would, in times of need, decide to reach out to Aragorn for his aid, especially since the Northern Dunedain had become so few in number that their existence was mostly forgotten in Gondor. Furthermore, I dont know where you get the idea of Aragorn giving up his right to the throne of Gondor (and Arnor, the northern part of his future realm), unless that comes from the movie. If you'd read the book, you'd know that Aragorn had not forsaken the idea of kingship: he was just waiting for the right time. After all, he had lived in Gondor for several years and served, under the assumed name of Thorongil, the Steward of the city, Ecthelion father of Denethor.

CuiviƩnen was not a river. It was probably the shore of an inland sea. Also, I think you're a bit confused about the early history of elves in general, because otherwise you wouldn't have talked of the Noldor that way. Yes, they went to Valinor along with the Vanyar and part of the Teleri and lived for a while in peace. However, because of events too complicated for me to type here, some of the Noldor came back to Middle-earth to fight against Morgoth, Sauron's boss, and they lived through all sorts of hardships and tragedy, so it's not like their life was forever song and dance, like you sort of make it sound. You might want to read The Silmarillion to learn more about the Noldor, and you should probably know that Galadriel, who you keep mentioning in this story, was one of the leaders of the Noldor when they came back to Middle-earth in the beginning of the first age.
Mary A chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
For heavens sakes, dont listen to the whiney crybaby canon nazis...if you dont follow their exact formula, they feel they have a right to stifle your creativity. No one has the right to stifle your creativity. And especially people who toss around idiotic terms like "Mary Sue" without having the slightest idea of what it really means.

Write what you want and write it the way you want to, you will never please everyone in a public forum.

But learn how to disregard the bitter and small minded few who love to pick on other people for sport.
Machinesister chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
I have officially gotten myself a new hobby: BUTCHERING MARY SUE WRITING!

The writing is passable, the spelling is good, but that's about the only thing that's decent about this fic. The dialogue is too amateurish: it tends to lapse from wannabe-formal to modern day trashy-tougue. The characterization is flat, and the Slashers are crying because of your Mary-Sues that are so perfect and elven.

Please take this bit of advice if you want to improve. If you don't, you will keep getting persistent Tolkien purists who send ou reviews talking about MS's and whatnot.

BP the cookie monster chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Do you hear that sound? That is the wailing of Lord of the Rings fans. Why are they wailing? Because every fangirl known to man has turned this section of into a nightmare, filled squealing of teenage girls running away to happyhappyland...and forgetting to take an original storyline with them.

Isn't there more to these characters than shacking up? Isn't there more to the story than "OMG! He's so hot!"? Why do fangirls continue to use a public archive to self-insert and fantasize about how KEWLIEZ life in Middle Earth would be? Why can't fangirls do this at a private archive? We want GOOD FICTION, damn it! GOOD FICTION NOW!

Please save your Mary Sues and blatant self insertions for a private archive and give the story that is loved back to the fans that truly love it. This is addressed to you and every other author of godawful Mary Sue inserts that currently clog up this fandom.

BP the cookie monster has spoken
scifichick774 chapter 2 . 10/14/2004
I feel so sorry for Maiyanna. She obviously has a bad crush on Haldir - whom she barely knows - and even though I read the pairings list, I can't help but think that it won't be smooth sailing because of that. More soon please.
LadyV77 chapter 2 . 10/13/2004
Poor Maiyanna! Stuck on Haldir, who does not even look at her even slightly in that way. Good chapter, I'm supposing Chloe and Legolas will meet in the next chapter or two? Can't wait to read more!
atruwriter chapter 1 . 10/12/2004