Reviews for When All Lights Pass
Gentry chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
You are one of the best fanfiction writers I've had the pleasure to read. Please more stories about Radagast and maybe of the Blue Wizards also? Thank you
8Gilluin8 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
It's great!
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Why not, indeed? I loved it! Such an imaginative and heartfelt story! Breathtakingly painted with imagery and perfect grammar I might add (I love that!) The tale of Queen Beruthiel is indeed a wonderful story and one all too seldom written of.

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us!

~Lady of Light~
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
I have to love this one, just for the rat-meat cooking. Radagast, Beruthiel references, and the correct use of athelas are extra icing on the cake. Very nice.
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
Hi, Werecat!

a wonderful story, and I like the settings and themood. I also like the Radagastv gets a chance to shine besides Gandalf and cast a less-than-favorable light on Olorins singulariry concern with the fates of men and elves and their lines, for once. I always felt thatTolkiens final jusdgement of radagast, that he "became too enamoured withthe creatures of Arda and ost sight of his mission" was somewhat unfair, given that Aiwendil, by Tolkiens own design, was one of the Maia or Yawanna ansd therefore *purposed* to care about the creatures of the earth and protect them from sauronm, while his fellow Istari were going about the affairs of men. hat Aiwendil should see another angle at the problem and think of the healing touch of a king *besides* the king of men, is a most refreshing thought, here. And I love the idea of a royal line of cats and the king of cats being the one to give the healing touch!

I also loved the perspective of the owl. Her perception of the walking Maia, and the description of the colours she can see about him, giving away what he really is; and her dry thoughts of the king of cats: marvellously written!

Only question: I haven't read all of the Lost Tales and it was you, I think, who wrote somewhere that Tolkien in one draft had the idea of Tevildo, the evil king of cats, servant of Morgoth, but later abandoned it. But if in Tolkiens world cats are supposed to be creatures of evil, would the king of cats then have the power to heal the Black Breath? for that is a disease brought about by evil, too. Anyway, in your sub-universe of these cat-centered storiies, the cats may have patrtzed ways with Morgoth and his sway long wenough to cleanse themselves from that association (and given how fiercely independent creatures they are they might never have been too closely associated to the evil enemy of the world in te first place).

greatly written, as are all your storiees! Thank you for this!

kingmaker chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
Very interesting premise. As always, your depiction of the less savory aspects of Middle-earth are excellent. Your description of Radagast and his conversation with the King of cats were both excellent, and the owl was, forgive the pun, just a hoot. Well done.