Reviews for Deaf Shot
Firefly264 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Holy... Just...
That was intense, to say the least. Intense and emotional and heartbreaking- wow. I have so much respect right now, this is an incredible piece of writing. I think that Mustang's PTSD is often overlooked or downplayed in many fics, but right here it's very raw and open, and it's almost hard to read because I can feel him falling apart through the writing.
Now before I go completely melodramatic, I'm just gonna go and think about this for a bit. Amazing.
royriza4ever chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Oh. My. Gosh! That was amazing!
StealerOfDreams chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I have love for this story. It's sad but I really like the 'deaf shot' basis. And Maes coming to Roy's rescue with cookies. 3 Thankyou
StarDancer1234 chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
love :)
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
FullmetalxChaos chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
This was awesome! I loved the way that it was written, kudos to you! :3
AstroKender chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
damn, you write Roy-angst too damn well. *sniffles*

BJA Fan chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
There are surprisingly few good fics out there concentrated on Roy and Hughes interaction. This fic was nothing short of beautiful. Poor Roy. I can just imagine him sitting there eating the cookies...
Roaming Fool chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Very, very good. I liked how Mustang seemed to go through different stages of shock, espeically the first, where he's trying to get clean and marveling at the different colors and textures.

Only two things. The last few paragraphs, you POV seems to be shifting between Hughes and Mustang. That's fine, but you need to make it clearer that the POV is shifting, otherwise the prose gets muddied.

Second, it looks like you're using anime canon. The ending would have worked better if you had kept it within in canon, rather than him just stating that he was going to become Fuhrer, and Hughes supporting him. All of that happens, but later. The cookies and the beginning of his research into human transumation would have worked better as a precursor to that scene in ep. 25.

That aside, I enjoyed this story a lot. I hope you had as much fun writing it as I did reading it.
setogirl04 chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
...all I can say, its so...idk. good.
Marwolv chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
I love this fic. You've excellent command of language, really good character/psych insight, and amazing control of subtlety and drama. Pretty freaking perfect.

Write something and get it published for real.
YellowDancer chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
In a word: awesome.

And I could have sworn I'd written a review for one of your stories already, but now I can't find it. Hmm.

Anyway, you captured Roy in all his angstyness perfectly. Though I've never been in the military and most certainly never been in a war, I can relate to the Roy's feelings of displacement after getting back from the war. Everyday things become magnified and the world seems brand new and different, though it's not the world that's changed, it's you becuase of what you've done and seen. (On a side note, this makes me think of how I felt when I was severely jet lagged after returning home from a trip to Japan. I had only been gone a week, but everything felt different, and I found myself feeling homesick for Japan. It was a truly surreal experience that would take me longer than a few sentences to describe. Kind of like reversed culture shock.)

Anyway, I love the way you used the symbol of cookies decorated by children at the end. I like the idea of Roy being forced to consume the goodness and innocence of life like an antidote from the poison the war tainted him with. Very strong symbol. And so cute in a not cute way. Not sure if that makes sense, but I guess I mean, it makes me want to giggle at the same time as I want to cry.

Again, awesome. I'm off to find the neglected story that didn't get a review somehow.
Karmaseth chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Wow. I don't know what to say, okay, actually I do. First, you had really good descriptions (i've never been good at that), but you dragged it on for a while and it got monotonous. Overall it was really good. I like seeing Roy fics that don't have anything to do with yoai.
leradny chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
The way you describe things is something like Peter Beagle (author of The Last Unicorn) but more serious. I love it.

Favorite passage:

"When he has taken it home, he bites into its soft surface, ignoring the sunken feeling of bruise on it-the juice runs down his chin, sharp and bittersweet.

It tastes terrible, and he wishes there was more..."

And I love the whole thing with Maes and the cookies. It's exactly how our doting daddy would act with a badly-off Roy.

... *sniff* I don't think I'll ever look at a chocolate chip cookie the same way again... *checks all four boxes*
insanitysmiles chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
wow...Mae's is such a good friend...

ehehehe..i love your writing style and angst-ness.