Reviews for Soul Shadow
zeldalink531 chapter 22 . 2/23/2013
Wow, that was fantastic! :D

This story has to be one of the best I've read in quite awhile. It reads just like a novel I could pull of a bookshelf. It is also different from most every other story on here. Link's shadow's personality is almost completely opposite of what most people portray him as. (Usually he's a 'Dark' Link lol) It's refreshing to read something different.

I know it's been over three years since you've updated, and know you've probably given it up. People loose interest, moved on to other things, find themselves suffering from major writer's block. But I know I would enjoy (as well as the other 167 people who faved it and 90 who follow it) you taking another look at this story and continuing it sometime soon.

If not well it was a joy to read and I only hope my imaginary ending can only come close to what you envisioned. lol
Guest chapter 18 . 7/17/2012
that was so beautiful i cried so much T.T when Link reused to kill Veil and then kissed him i was in tears of joy
Kibo no Ceri chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
this story is so beautiful!

so very beautiful, I nearly dunno how to take all this sensations.

for days, since I started reading, I feel like couldn't help but just floating in the ever repeating visions of the scenes in my mind.

I, it's like there are no words to describe, how your tale enchanted me.

it began very naive.

originally I planed to kinda 'rewrite' the story of OoT as a birthday present for my sister.

I wanted to place some illustrations between the text, so I went to DA, knowing of the gorgeous pictures I found there every time.

and so it was again and I couldn't stop myself of searching for even more than I probably could apply.

for I am sadly not blessed with the ability of drawing and worship all the great souls out there who could do it.

eventually I searched for SheikxLink pics and while of course I found some nice ones I also found those of Link and his shadow.

I have to explain that since I first played OoT back then I always liked the thought of Sheik beeing an independent person so he could be with Link, but never thought about a possible bond between Link and his shadow, which I can't understand today anymore.

but perhaps it was 'cause all things happen for a reason that I now was again confronted with this idea.

the pictures I found of Link and his shadow where so different from what I ever had imagined and I felt in love.

I totally forgot about the things I wanted to write and went on to find some stories 'bout the two.

but at first I was badly disappointed for there seemed to be only those default things like 'first fight, then fuck'.

nothing that reminds me of those lovely pictures I gathered.

with my captivation dulled I thought 'well then, at least you got those paintings'.

but some kind of spark reminded in me, who wanted to believe that there had to be one fiction out there at least.

one that is more than common. one that was written by someone who hold those great imaginativeness. the one story which I would love.

and there it was, on the very bottom of Google's searching list – Soul Shadow.

I liked that title at once, opened the page at and started to read.

and I loved every word, every phrase, every passage!

even when I thought 'by the gods, that just can't possibly become better' ... I was wrong.

I read a lot of stories in my life, and this is definitively one of those, I forgot about everything around me, including eating, sleep (who need?) and sometimes even breath.

I so love the whole idea of Veil, your portrayal of his birth, the devotion he has for Link, his puerile nature.

Link himself, whom you made so complex yet convincingly, thinking 'bout his fate.

the outstanding background you gave to Sheik makes it hard for me to ever think different of him.

and well, you made me adore Navi *grin*

I almost questioned myself if Link would ever respond the pure love Veil has for him and when I finally reached that scene at the Temple of Time, I'm sure, I cried of pure joy!

I found myself talking load while reading, like 'Oh come on, just do it!' or 'Run!' but mostly 'Damn! This is just so beautiful!'.

and I nearly couldn't stop laughing at the scene at Lon Lon when they had breakfast and everyone 'dumped his plate onto Talon's'.

the whole idea behind your story is just great, also how you put the other characters in it, canon or original. (btw nice thing with the Welsh and Celtic)

it's always suitable and you may receive all of my deepest respect and compliment and acknowledgment!

and I am looking forward to how this beautiful tale's gonna move along.

keep up your great opus!

best wishes, Ceri chapter 22 . 4/21/2012
This may be a bit late but i liked it )
My-Lost-Shadow chapter 22 . 2/2/2012
OMG this fic is so awesome ! plzz tell me you'r going to continue writeing it :3 or els I would be wondering what happens with link and dark in that snow storm ... And what happens to sheik ? Don't abandone this story pleas :(

Because this is one of the best link x dark link fics I have read, because of how creativ you are ( or were ) with this whole story ;)

Just think about it.
MastersPoppet chapter 22 . 11/26/2011
Man you need to update! This is one of the best DarkxLink stories out there! And there isn't many out there! I really like this! I was quite upset when i got to the end of it and there wasn't another chapter there for me to read! You haven't abandoned it have you? Oh man that would suck! I would forever wonder what's going on with Link and Veil and wonder if Sheik ever made it to his throne or not!
RayHollowsArchive chapter 22 . 10/21/2011
This made me cry; this is such an amazing peice of work and it would make my week if you picked it up again and worked on it because it's so amazing~ ;W;
S.F chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
well. its 2011 now. are you dead? no? *sighs* this is a really good story i would like to finish it.
I'maMootPoint chapter 22 . 6/22/2011
This is an AMAZING and incredible LoZ story! This is one of the most wonderfully narrated fanfics I have ever read! I am especially grateful, since there are few Dark Link x Link stories on FFN, and the characterization and everything is reminiscent of actual novels. I know this hasn't been updated in a while, but I doubt it matters how long this takes.
RandomFreakazoid chapter 20 . 12/19/2010
As mentioned before, the plot is freaking wonderful. I cannot stress enough the originality and I'm still wondering why this fiction isn't recieving the reviews it undoubtedly deserves.

I still have a lot more to praise about (like Navi's true characterization - SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS NAVI AS A CAUTIOUS AND PROTECTIVE FAIRY GUARDIAN THAN SOME ANNOYING BUG) and I would love to if it wasn't for the fact that I'm becoming a very overbearing reviewer. I hav typed (this including) 3 whole comment boxes and i'm afraid that I would by annoying you.

But I will say that I LOVE YOUR STORY AND I HOPE THAT IT FREAKING UPDATES BECAUSE IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE ABANDONED MY GOD and that even though I know you probably have school and your own share of problems to deal with, I will still say that I will STALK YOUR FICTION FOREVER. Good-bye :D
RandomFreakazoid chapter 21 . 12/19/2010
3. Sheik/Ilya. Another background info that makes Sheik a man that is completely justified? Congratulations - you have accomplished what many could not! And the Ilya bit is a wonderful addition - a person from the Sheikah clan naming their kid Sheik - wtf? Making "Sheik" Ilya's alias makes it more sense and becoming.

4. Pacing. There are so many romance stories that rushes to the smut. Heck there are adventure/romance stories and still the smut is in the 2nd chapter. Then there are those rare stories like yours that shows the beauty of a paced story (or rush to the smut) yet still continues on to the main plot (and not straying from it yay!). The pacing is one of the most positive points of Soul Shadow!

5. The Plot. It is not plot, it is The Plot with its deserved The and capitals! An impending apocalypse, a royal/governemnt/concil conspiracy and the comment box is doing its jerky movements again. I'll be continuing this review in another review...again.
RandomFreakazoid chapter 22 . 12/19/2010
I don't know how to express my love for you and your story so I'll list it to make it easier:

1. Veil's Perspective. When he was created, Veil had a mind of a new-born but in a body beyond that age - and its completely appropriate considering his situation. And how he begins to develop a personality and a real mind by being manipulated by Ganondorf and growing by Link. It gives Veil more depth.

2. Link's disease. When I first read Link's jerkass attitude period, my reaction was "Did Link get some kind of evil magic in him or something?" and it turned out that he was apparantly sick. This pleases me not because I was able to predict it but because it turned out that Link isn't truly such a jerkass as he was portrayed to be in those chapters. It just shows that side of him to be OOC as it should be and I'm glad that you put some light on that (since other stories like to make Link into a total jerkass just because)

3. Story around Sheik/Ilya - and i will continue this in another chapter because the comment box is doing this stupid jerky movement on me (sigh)
ridesthenarwhal chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
So, like an idiot, I realized I wrote "Dark" instead of "Veil" (which I actually like better). Pardon my Freudian Slip, I've been reading a lot of fanfiction lately and that's kinda been engraved in my head. Sorry! -'
ridesthenarwhal chapter 22 . 9/29/2010
It took me a while to get into but Oh. My. Gosh. I am in love with this story. You write exceedingly well, and make long chapters, too! That's always a plus -! I really like the way you made Dark's character- he's so sweet! And I really, really loved the way you made them fall in together- it just seemed so inevitable! *can you tell I'm a fangirl?-_-') But anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Keep up the great work!
Anke chapter 18 . 8/4/2010
This story has completely enveloped me, and that is hard to come by. Similar as Veil does, I worry and feel anxious of when the story will end. I will be so sad