Reviews for After the Fall
RadiantKeybladeFantasy chapter 87 . 2/20/2013
This is SUCH amazing writing! I'm tearing up all of a sudden - and I don't know why, lol. This is extremely inspiring, too. I'm hoping my writing can improve to this extent. I am beyond words at how fluid, emotional, and just plainly incredible this is. It felt like I was reading an actual novel - and I haven't picked up a real book in almost a decade. But, I digress...

Your portrayal of Squall and Rinoa and their relationship - it just takes my breath away. They're my favorite Final Fantasy couple and I just love them so much! This story only increases that love. I can easily imagine their romance growing into something as passionate and grand as this - at least that's what it is in my mind.

Grargh! I wish I had more to write, but I am just so mesmerized by this story that nothing else really comes to mind right now, somehow. This is just an amazing work of art and I am, plain and simple, blown away. Perhaps that's why my mind searches so hard for what else I could possibly place in this review.

I will take quick note of Zell's moment with the GF reference, haha! That was hilarious. Totally made me laugh!XD

I thought I remember you saying something about there maybe being only 87 chapters, but I'm not exactly sure this is over yet. Am I wrong?
Rosa Heartlily chapter 87 . 2/19/2013
Love the way you write these two! So sweet and with so much humour. Looking forward to more!
Guest chapter 87 . 2/19/2013
I knew Squall would be pissed Zone's shit ass nuts! No way he'd let her anywhere near him. SeeD should kill Zone to protect her and say it was an accident. Wanted them to have real sex but you could always do plan B without Ward. LOL
Hiasha chapter 87 . 2/18/2013
Hello! Eight years later and I'm still here reading and loving everything you write, so keep in mind that at least one fan remains - one that holds the same love for FFVIII as you.

I still didn't start reading the new fan fiction but I'm saving everything for when I find the time. As for this one, well I just hope for a happy ending, I think they have been through enough - meaning I've been through enough angst! LOL! But that's just me, I always expect happy romantic endings with naked Squalls (keep the naked Squall idea in mind, please!). ;)

Hope all is well with your little princess - maybe not so little anymore, I guess. The only image I have of her in my mind is a cute baby holding a stuffed Cactuar. I have faith all will be well, and my heart is with you both.

Hugs!

Your eternal fan, Lucy.
RavennaAngelline chapter 87 . 2/18/2013
Oh my. The end is really coming, isn't it? *cries*

I just want you to know, that your work is the first that I began to read years and years ago when I discovered fanfiction. Actually, I found your work over on rpgclassics (still am really fond of the FF Break Room series), but from the moment I first came across your stories I was hooked.

You are by far, the Queen of the fandom, IMHO. Your skill is amazing, the ability to weave such an amazingly wonderful, heartbreaking story is just wow. I can't comment enough how much I love this story. I'm excited to finally see the end, and at the same time, I am almost devastated that it has to end.

Thank you for this story, thank you for all the stories, actually. This one is my favorite, but I am really loving "The Meaning of Resistance" as well.

I look forward to the next chapter(s?), as always!
Ravenna
Wintermoth chapter 87 . 2/18/2013
I'm not even sure how long I've been here. Two years maybe? I don't even know anymore.

Wanna point this out: "So, now that we've just finished one of our legendary rounds of speaking in circles… we've probably, maybe returned to the starting line. My original point stands – don' 're not alone." don' 're ?
Bebedora chapter 86 . 1/23/2013
Gah! I am so sorry I didn't review this sooner... *hides* Sickness has been running rampant in our house, I blame it on grubby school kids.. :(

First, lol about Zell breaking things, that it totally something I can see happening. And I was howling as he was formulating his "story" about Laguna to piss Selphie off. So funny.

I loved how Laguna had his "proud papa" moment thinking about Squall's courage. Sometimes it must be very tough to be a dad to such a brave son: terrifying to always be afraid fir his safety and maybe even a little jealous that he *is* so strong, nimble and fearless-although we know the last one would be a bit doubted now.

Lol on the "Laguna-related mishaps." I like how you brought a funny moment from the game in at a time when we all needed a bit of humorous to lighten the mood.

I really enjoyed Laguna through this whole chapter...all the emotions he experienced were just perfect, especially when Squall finally thanks him before they part. Wonderful.

Rin and Squall at the end were so cute! I love it when Squall's playful side-when he actually lets it see the light of day- comes out and we are treated to his "humor."

Great chapter...I can't wait until the next one!

B
Guest chapter 86 . 1/10/2013
I spent the last four nights reading this. Now that I'm caught up, I want to read more!
DragonGirl323 chapter 86 . 12/26/2012
So happy to read more on this! It was a monster, but I still loved it! All the banter between the three of them, their goodbyes...all of it was brilliant. I'm really, really anticipating Rinoa confronting Zone. I've got a feeling in my gut that things aren't going to go as smoothly as she hopes, which makes me want to read the next chapter even more!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family! :D

Sincerely,
DragonGirl323
Rosa Heartlily chapter 86 . 12/24/2012
Another great chapter - lots of humour and lots of emotion. It's hard to finish things, sometimes, especially when they've been so much a part of your life for so long. But I know you'll get there :)
valjean jin chapter 86 . 12/24/2012
glad you posted before 2013 but i will miss the update mails. laguna tries so hard. coming from a large family it pains me his only son does not reach out. i think the future will hold change for all of them. kudos on another brilliant chapter.

merry christmas i hope the season is a blessed one. keep God in your heart and His will is followed.

-val
effect20 chapter 50 . 12/22/2012
Ok here we go.

First I want to say I was the 100th reviewer on your other fic the meaning if resistance. I believe a congrats is in order. Jk.

2nd I thought rin wouldve figure something out sooner when squall said Angelo was a bad watch dog. I also think its cool he drags her along with him this time.

Third some where in this chapter they talk about being attacked by wild chocobos. Then I remembered in somewhere in between squall actually does get attacked by a chocobo. I wonder which came first.

Finally I read this chapter weeks ago but have extremely busy with work and holiday stuff. I am at chapter 50 and this is easily top 5 favorite fanfics . Tied with castles. You definitely know how to draw people in. I love how descriptive you are. How I can visually picture what's going on. Especially when rin went running in the rain.

Sorry for staying away for so long. I'm catch up today...or try to. I hope everything has been going well for u. I know your daughter did excellent. And have a merry Christmas if I don't talk to u before then.

Whew...
Lina Chan chapter 86 . 12/21/2012
SQUEEEEEE a chappie for Christmas from Ashyclaus LOL! Ok Zell is my man but Laguna-sama is really close. Its ok you didn't get it finished by October your fans will miss it but is there 4 left now or 3? I say 5 or 6 LOL! Can't wait to Zone finds out the truth. He can suck it.

Got 2 go 2 school. Merry Christmas to you and your family and peace out for the new!
Optical Goddess chapter 86 . 12/20/2012
I can't beleive you posted this 8 years ago! seriously!? feels like just a few years ago.

omg, there was a lot of sarcastic remarks! hahaa, yeh, kinda weird to just let anyone drive around in a big red spaceship!

I can't remember, are they driving this to Timber tomorrow? i can't remember why they are sleeping in the spaceship!

And I can't remember the last time I reviewed a chapter the SAME DAY you posted it! probably 8 years!
Ronin-ai chapter 86 . 12/20/2012
me likey. I love this chapter and the way you've started to bring everything together, and of course the awkwardness of Laguna is endearing. I can't wait for the rest of it! sooo.. no tuna slapping.
2,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »