Reviews for After the Fall
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 89 . 9/21/2014
What tomatoes? I don't know about other people's tastes, but for me, the part about Squall's downfall into alcoholism (and all his failed, half-hearted attempts to pull himself together for Garden's sake) was one of the most intense things in this story.
Summoner Luna chapter 89 . 9/14/2014
Well...I kind of fail as a friend for just now reviewing this. You posted it while we were travelling for Dragon Con so I couldn't respond as soon as I saw the update come through, and then the con happened, and then life happened, and then this morning I had a few minutes to myself and fortunately remembered you had an update I hadn't read!

...And now I've made a review about me instead of you.

As has happened before, the part of this chapter that I think you were expecting rotten tomatoes on is my favorite part of it. I like the image of Squall spiralling into a darker and darker place without Rinoa there to keep him centered, particularly under the weight of -knowing- why she isn't there, and his hand in it. You've done a great job of detailing exactly how low he sank, and how consuming that time period was for him-comparing that to where he was when the story opened, to where he is now, makes the arc even stronger, and makes the fact that he risked blowing the entire mission for her that much more powerful-for how bad things got without her, to be given that second chance...it's not just love for her, it's his entire sense of being.

I've probably said this before, but I've very eager for the final showdown-and as much as I want to see Zone brought to justice, what I'm truly looking forward to is the reactions of their friends once they finally see him. I don't know if you're planning on actually writing that part in or leaving it up to our imagination, but I'll be happy once it is allowed to happen either way. *hugs* I miss you, lady!
effect20 chapter 89 . 9/7/2014
Can't believe the climax is almost here after all these years. I eagerly await your next chapter. Beginning of the end.
Lina chapter 89 . 9/4/2014
Tosses tomatoes, not sauce maybe some ketchup and fries. Congrats x2000 on the reviews. I know you said it was 90 chapters but that is still really good its like 22 a chapter or 200 a year. IMHO The story is good and you should be proud. Go Rinny and Squall!

I 3 Laguna so much but needs more Zell. At least you had dialog I missed that last chapter. It broke up some tension and poor Rinny that would be hard to they work out but keep thinking something bad will happen. I still think one of them will end up being killed by Zone, i'd say Rinny trying to save Squall from death again. That would ruin the fic after they went through all this and to have it end badly. Think of your readers LOL! I hate death fic!
Lina chapter 88 . 9/4/2014
Its cool that you added the recap but I still had to reread. This chapter was really heavy and that is good and bad but more good. LOL. Poor Squally! Do Haly and Caleb appear in other stories or more from Star Trek?

It was good but I like a little dialog to break it up. I like description but break it up some. It wasn't too bad because it still read easy. Something to think about for future chappies! Great job 3 3 3
Lina chapter 87 . 9/4/2014
LOL! I had to reread the last four chapters before staring the new ones. I realised it was almost a year without an update!
Guest chapter 89 . 9/1/2014
Hello. I first started reading this story around two years ago. I stopped reading because it was too painful. I was still in high school and I didn't understand why there had to be drama.
I still hate love triangles and this still makes me sad. But for some reason I keep reading. Maybe it's for catharsis or your writing style. But it's probably because I'm learning about relationships and complexity.
Somehow, I am more able to read this now. I still hate that Squall cheated on Rinoa (ok so they broke up but in my mind that's cheating)
But oh gosh. I dunno. Two years later I have slowly improved a balancing act on detaching myself from the heartache in this just enough to read it.
x Euphoria chapter 61 . 9/1/2014
I just love love love this chapter because of "one room or two" and Squall was just so appalled of thinking sharing a room with Zell haha. It was a perfect Squall and Laguna moment for the two of them :) Definitely one of my favorites ever.
x Euphoria chapter 60 . 9/1/2014
Oh god Zell is the best with his little Irvine flair :)
Optical Goddess chapter 89 . 8/31/2014
oh man. wow, I never thought about him going through all that. But it makes sense, all the nasty stuff he did to hit rock bottom. Did anyone worry about Rinoa losing her kniht, like if she were to go crazy without him? But that's what I like about this story. So many focus on Rinoa turning evil without a kniht. But this one's different-she left and remained sane and Squall was the one who never matured and had issues. I'm glad her friends still wanted her to stand up in Selphie's wedding.
Optical Goddess chapter 88 . 8/31/2014
hahahah, that part where she would literally follow his very footsteps. Yes, in the game 2 party members would literally follow his steps, sometimes I would make them run around in circles and it looked like they were playing tag.

I was falling asleep before I opened up this chapter. Then I was reading, and was fully awake for the next 3 hours :)
valjean jin chapter 89 . 8/30/2014
congratulations on 2000

kudos on your work as an author. keep on.
Ronin-ai chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
its all in the past, and I never figured Squall to be a completely healthy individual, mentally. Well done, detailing his struggles, i really felt for him...and felt glad that he managed to bumble his way to what finally made him happy.
and laguna...i just love laguna here. that's all. and *hugs* to you girl!
Holy chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
TEN YEARS WHAT THE CRAP
kwerk chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
Sometimes there were some confusing transitions when talking about Squall's present/past, but it was manageable. Also some of the Laguna parts, although corny, fit his character. I liked Lauren's response about how her opinion didn't change whatsoever. It was a great moment seeing her not being so serious all the time. Also, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a parallel, but Lauren's comment about how Laguna was the figurehead for Esthar exactly related to Squall being just that for Garden.

Keep up the good work! You are nearly done.
2,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »