Reviews for After the Fall
River Leonhart chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
""" *hugs* I love my random, awesome, yet sometimes weird, FFVIII family.

(And on a less serious note, please don't throw tomatoes at me for part of that chapter. I know there are a few of you who want to!) """

*River intercepts all incoming tomatoes and makes a tasty salad.*
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
2k reviews is pretty good when you take into account that people very rarely review... anyway, looking forward to next chapter
Lupa-for-Life chapter 89 . 8/28/2014
Omigawd! This whole chapter was rather heart wrenching. Finding out about Squall's "rock bottom" in all it's gritty details... The actuality of what he said when he hurt Rinoa...
Then to hear Laguna's piranha metaphor? Ah yes... You are amazing. I wish I could send you cookies or other "Thank-you-for-this-awesome-story type pastries.
squall-is-cool chapter 88 . 8/21/2014
So excited to read this again! It's really well written. I love the depth of detail into the mental states and how everything ties in. The Blue propagator comments were the best. I so can't wait for when everyone finds out Squall's alive and married to Rinoa!
x Euphoria chapter 59 . 8/19/2014
UGHHH the father/son feels are strong. I just love Laguna getting small bits of joy from Squall. I Just love Laguna so much always want him to be so happy. _ Welp I'm going to bed I'll do some more reading in the morning :)
x Euphoria chapter 58 . 8/19/2014
I Knew it was coming I 'm almost at the chapter to where I stopped. I'm scared and excited all at the same time! But I know the father son reunion will make me teary eyed.
x Euphoria chapter 56 . 8/19/2014
I'm glad Seifer came up as a topic of conversation. I honestly can see Squall and Seifer being great friends. Maybe not friends in the traditional sense of the word but I can see them having a lot of mutual respect for one another. I hate a lot of the times Seifer is the evil one :[
x Euphoria chapter 54 . 8/19/2014
Haha omg I remember the dancing Soldiers at the Missile Base :))) I really love some small tidbits from the original game!
x Euphoria chapter 53 . 8/19/2014
FINALLY. I have a day off to where I can actually relax and read. I just worked 5 crazy days in a row _ I needed this nice break.

! But I love this chapter how great Rinoa is with the daughters. :D
cheerlygal chapter 88 . 8/18/2014
It's great to see you back again!
Not much of a review this time since I sort of recapping the whole stpry again but I really enjoy seeing the insight of Squall's part:)
Take care and see you around:)
Skiestrife chapter 88 . 8/17/2014
I'm so glad we got an update, looking forward to the next chapter. I also wou?ld like to ask you to please, please update "Somewhere in Between" I think a story as good as that, should be finish. Thank you for all the great work you do.
Bloodcrie chapter 88 . 8/16/2014
Welcome back Ashbear!
It's so pleasing to see an update alert for this fiction, it's always exciting to read anything you write! But this particular fiction has held dear place in my heart for so long now, I'm glad that you haven't abandoned ship! Well, I knew all along you hadn't, I definitely understand the difficulties in actually finding the time to just 'sit down and write'. To me, I think it's kind of a luxury spending time working on a fiction, I know sometimes it's a pain overcoming those dreaded bouts of 'writers block', but overall, it allows us to keep our love for Final Fantasy VIII alive and honor it's wonderful world and characters.

I love the way you tap into Squall's mind and the way you write his thoughts. I think you know him well. Your love of the relationship he shares with Rinoa shines through in your work. I love that through his fiction, the reader is allowed to see Rinoa through Squall's eyes. It seems so intimate and personal. The way you write his love for her, is beautiful and stays true to his persona/traits that he had in the video game.

I'll look forward to another update, when you can manage to find some more time! And as always, I thank you for sharing your work with the community. You are a fantastic author, you've produced so many stories that I have read time and time again because they are just so brilliant. Thank you so much again, your works have allowed me to continue enjoying Final Fantasy VIII for many, many years.

- Bloodcrier (Megan Massacre) I'm following you on Facebook also! :) Take care and have a great day!
x Euphoria chapter 52 . 8/16/2014
I would have reviewed earlier but I had work _ and I have a really long day at work tomorrow ughh but HAPPY 2000 REVIEWS! I really love this chapter because of Zell. Zell is great and just all the dialogue was gold:) - that was my review for last chapter but apparently I already reviewed it lol. I was planning on going to bed after that one but I might as well read this one too :)

! But Zell was still awesome in this chapter :)
Henyheny chapter 86 . 8/16/2014
I was waiting for the numbers to slowly rise so I could have the opportunity to be the 2000th reviewer. Currently it sits at 1,999 so hopefully no one will post minutes before I do.

I'm not going to badger on about the chapter and the story in this review - as good as the story is, but I actually wanted to take this chance to say thank you for keeping this fandom alive and sharing your wonderful stories. I honestly love AtF and all your other works and you're writing has helped inspire and motivate me to continue writing for this fandom.

Some might think we're being a bit sentimental about a video game, but I don't think they know the happiness and comfort picking up a fanfiction brings after the game is over. And you along with so many other authors here truly bring the characters to life.

The first story of yours I had read was Castles and I fell in love with your writing style. I'm glad you didn't give up then because over ten years on and you still manage to maintain and further provide us with greater and interesting stories.

Let this story be another stepping stone to success. I, along with other readers, await more of your fabulous works.

Congrats on reaching the 2k mark!
Love you,
Muktha. ;)
x Euphoria chapter 50 . 8/15/2014
Lmfao I'm literally dying with laughter. I love the way Rinoa talks to her dog it's just so amazing. The whole part about Rinoa sighing and Angelo catches that but not Squall outside on the patio. :D amazing.

Oh ya you asked me to catch any typos or stuff like that. It's not really a typo that I found but a missing word. Toward the end of the chapter Squall says "He's going to a little pissed" Maybe it's just me but I feel like he's going to be should be there _.

Haha ok so this has to have the best author's note. You estimated 10 more chapters including a epilogue :)) that just makes me laugh.
2,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »