Reviews for After the Fall
thousand-leaf chapter 86 . 5/20/2014
No words. Just lots and lots of appreciation for sharing your story with us. I look forward to the next update.
Silly Nostalgic chapter 87 . 4/2/2014
So I've started reading FF8 fan fiction again because I recently began the game over again, and as I'm drawing closer to the final boss I'm realizing how sad I'll be once its complete. Thank you for writing such wonderful stories with these characters who hold a special place in my heart. I think you get me all teary eyed at least one chapter every story! Looking forward to the next update on either saga. :)
LordHatredX chapter 87 . 4/2/2014
another very detailed story i enjoyed reading this story its been awhile since you have updated i truely hope you didnt disappear from fanfic, ill check off in on during month for updates

! ! ! .
N0na87 chapter 87 . 3/10/2014
Hi
I just finished reading this yesterday & thought maybe I give a review.
I started by reading Dancing in time/Endless waltz & god I loved it! I just love ffviii so much. Squall & rinoa are my favorite couple ever!
You really did a good job & I like your writing style .. I always wanted a continuation of their story.
So after I finished reading theses 2 stories .. I decided to read After the Fall .. I also loved it! I couldn't stop reading .. I finished it in a week.
My favorite part is their meeting in the rain (Until I Fall Away) it was so passionate & romantic. I wish the story had more passionate content like this!
So at the end all I can say .. Please don't stop & keep writing more FFVIII stories.
I wish if you can & if it's possible to continue the story of the Dancing in time/Endless waltz world!
Also I couldn't find the continuation of after the fall .. I don't know if it's released or still?!
Anyway, That's my review I think! I know I mixed the reviews of 3 different stories into one but I just thought I'll write one review for all of them .. Sorry!
I'll start reading Castle in the Sky now.
Thank you again.
Mojayyyy chapter 87 . 3/6/2014
Hi! I've been reading this story and a few of your other ones, and I thought I'd go ahead and pitch in a review!

Things I liked:

I guess I should be a bit more specific. The following is a list of things in the story that I REALLY liked. There's so many things that I just plain liked in the story that the list would go on and on if I just wrote them all down.

OBLIGATORY SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS DISCLAIMER!

1) Zell. I really liked what you did with his character in this story.
2) The sex scene. Dear god this scene put chills down my spine. It was hot, beautiful, emotional, and so much more. Very very nice job.
3. Sirtis's persona. He reminded me a lot of Deadshot from the DC universe. Kudos in crafting an antagonist figure who I love to hate while still remaining somewhat sympathetic towards.

Overall you made a really well crafted story.

...But there are always areas that can be improved. :)

Things I didn't like:

Content-Wise:
Ok so there were a few spots in the story that I thought could use some work content-wise.

1) In one of the chapters, Rinoa is looking at an "aircraft". Now, that word is somewhat ambiguous, but I just want to say in any Final Fantasy universe, it is always always always airships! Even in the sci-fi FFXIII or the upcoming FFXV with its hyper-modern setting, they still use airships instead of airplanes. This was just a minor detail, but it did somewhat bother me.
2. The mention of "hockey". Ok...this one is probably just me being too anal but I'm not entirely sure if our real life sports would carry over to this universe. But again, that's probably just me and I'm sure most people were ok with it. In my opinion though, the names of the teams could have been more final fantasy-ish. Like, Galbadia Iguanons instead of Galbadia Bears.
3. Kiros. Why is he so formal? I don't remember him being like this. I get that he's supposed to have an important governmental position, but I still feel like he shouldn't have completely different dialogue from the character we remember in FFVIII.
4. The amount of swearing. To me it got a little excessive sometimes, especially on Squall's end. It wasn't so much when he was angry that it bothered me, but more when he wasn't. I feel like he just wantonly dropped the f-bomb too many times in normal dialogue.

Writing:
Overall your writing is very good, probably one of the best I've seen on this site. Still, I feel like I should point out one particular spot that threw me off. In one of the later chapters, Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Laguna, and Lauren are sitting around a table and talking. In this chapter I got confused many times because I wasn't sure who was talking. I feel like you maybe could have pointed out who was specifically speaking.

Ultimately, these quips are minor. Very good story overall.

Final verdict: 9/10. Would read again (and in fact I probably will!)
Marin-sama chapter 87 . 12/6/2013
I just finished reading your fic! It is such a great story! I have never read FF VIII fanfic before this year (I never finished the game either). And this year, I've started playing again and reading! I am glad that this is a long story, because it is soooo good! I really hope you can update soon! I just can't wait to know how things will be with Zone. And how Squall and Rinoa will live after this is over. Thank you so much for taking your time to write. I am sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language.
xXBadLuckDuckXx chapter 87 . 9/9/2013
_ Started reading this story loooong time ago when it just started up and now that its finished im pleased. you really do have a talent as an author keep it going
alan.gilbert.39 chapter 87 . 9/4/2013
I've loved every moment so far, it has indeed been an emotional roller coaster as with your other stories but I have found myself entranced with every one. I really hope that coupled with Endless Waltz you find the time to come back and relieve our suspense soon before we all explode in an unfortunate mess "henceforth" ;)
beautifuldisaster993 chapter 87 . 8/12/2013
Oh my gosh please continue :'( I need to see what happens! Aaaghhh, I'm literally addicted to all your stories, you're just THAT amazing of a writer. A-maze-ing.
dama chapter 87 . 7/27/2013
I love this story and I have a sort of request. In the AN in the next chapter, could you give an overview of everything that's happened from say chapter 84 till present, because I find myself forgetting things. Thanks :)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/22/2013
It doesn't sound like it was Squall's fault to me so far...just differences that pulled them apart
effect20 chapter 87 . 7/20/2013
Started from chapter 1 now I'm here.

First I wanna say that rinoa alone with zone... gonna be very bad.

It has been a long journey by in finally here. It has been an incredible story. i laughed I cried. And now I can not wait for the exciting conclusion . I hope everything is going better with your family and you. Now off to sandcastles. And I can now close this window on my phone until the next update. After over a year of having it up it's a pretty sad moment. :'(

Until next time...
effect20 chapter 86 . 7/17/2013
Took me a good while to finally finish that chapter now there's only on left. It almost seems that the zone situation is gonna turn out bad. We shall see.

Good to hear from you and you actually sound less stressed. Always a good thing
effect20 chapter 85 . 7/7/2013
Whew finally got through that chapter. A lot of info in that chapter. Looks like they have an official plan to nab zone. This really may be the end
effect20 chapter 84 . 7/3/2013
It think squall is gonna be a murderer.
2,088 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »