Reviews for Queen of the Amazons
CharmedArtist chapter 7 . 7/15
Nooooooo, you didn't abandon this here! This story is absolutely amazing - so powerful and well-written, I'm longing for more! You did such an exceptional job with this, and it's so different from the other fanfiction I've read... Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope that despite it being years since the last update you may yet choose to continue this. Wonderful story.
I love this story. It sucks that it hasn't updated for like forever but I understand that muses can be finicky. I especially love what you have done with Thom because he was really underdeveloped in the books. The relationship between him and Alanna has so much potential. I really really want to see the fight that you know is coming between them but I understand why you are delaying it. I'm also eager to see the negotiations between the patron world parties and Alanna. I always liked the arguments between Jon and Alanna in the books because Alanna kind of brought Jon down to earth and made him pay for anything stuck up he said. The reactions by the rulers of the nations when they get the reports back from their people should be very entertaining. "What do you mean she's a true Queen?" "You were beaten by women?" "They can't possibly be as powerful and majestic as you describe." "Sorcery." I mean some things you just have to see to believe and with this Alanna I'm betting it's going to be a whole lot harder to convey what she's really like to those who haven't experienced it. Anyway I hope all is well with you and that you get back your writing mojo.
Firesage825 chapter 1 . 3/25
I have so far very much enjoyed this story. In fact it is one of the few fan fictions in this category that I like. You have gone AU in a very creative and original way while keeping the characters mostly consistent. Some of it stretches my suspension of disbelief but I enjoyed it so much that I was willing to give you way more leeway than was in fact necessary. I am sad to see that it has been so long since you updated and I hope you will update soon but no pressure. I take forever to write anything and when I lose interest it is hard to get it back so I completely understand the delay. I was very curious to see how you would deal with Duke Roger and with the attempt on Alanna's life presumably by the Lacaena leader Hunter. I know that Daine and Keledry's stories do not occur for quite awhile according to the canon timeline but I was really looking forward to seeing how they would fit into the Amazon world. I was also curious about how the Amazon nation sustains itself. Perhaps I got the wrong impression but it seemed to me like the almost the entire population lived in cities. If so how are the getting their food and what sort of natural resources do they have to trade for food. A lot of the people coming into this new nation are refugees and would not necessarily have a lot of food or money to trade and a nation of that size can not subsist on a hunter/gatherer food supply. Sorry to go off on a tangent I know that no one really cares to much about that sort of thing sorry.
Anyway I think what you really need to keep the story going is a good villain or an evil empire with a plot to foil. You've gotten off to a good start with Hunter but I think you could do more with Roger or the Carthaki emperor. At the moment Roger and the Carthaki emperor are impotent and do not seem to pose much of a threat but if Roger were to attempt to poison the ear of the Tortallian king and create a conflict between the two nations that he could profit from or if the Carthaki emperor were to use his vast resources to attempt to blockade and barrage the Amazon borders it would create much more conflict and perhaps therefore something more stimulating to attempt to write.
I hope this review is helpful and that you continue to write such interesting stories.
Ren O'neil chapter 7 . 10/19/2014
Update this one soon please.
MissAX chapter 7 . 10/8/2013
LOVE this story! I hope it will be continued soon!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/12/2013
Love the story, I'm dieing to see what happens next!

The concepts original and it's written really well, even though its been a few years I hope you can get around to finishing it.
BookFreak976 chapter 7 . 5/25/2013
Will you ever finish this? I would love to see how the women in charge in other countries- such as Queen Lianne- would react to this. And the men! Please continue? It's been 5 1/2 LONG years- surely the next chapter is finished? I know you're still on fanfiction, or was in 2012...
k9angel chapter 7 . 4/15/2012
More, please! Great story. I always loved the Amazon tells in history and you have done an excellent job of creating a Amazon society.
one-of-a-kind-copycat chapter 7 . 11/30/2011
Hi! I dont know if you are still on ffn but I hope you are! Please please please update! This was the first fan fic I read, and it has been my favorite every since! Please finish this story! You are an amazing writer!
To make you think chapter 7 . 3/21/2011
Great. Why did you stop? Hey, even if you don't finish the story you should still rad the book The Moon Riders. It is about warrior women sometimes called Amazons.
Lady Shang1 chapter 7 . 1/18/2011
you are truly cruel for leaving a cliffy and not updating for 3 years. I truly look forward to reading this when you pick it up again. that said I am very impressed with the story so far. It is rare to find a tortall fic that is both original and well written. good job! and please please update soon. i want to know what happens :P
Escape my reality chapter 3 . 6/14/2010
i understand that many women in the city feel betrayed and dislike/hate many men however if there are practically no men at all how do they plan to continue? there will reach a point when either all women choose to go and live there or stay away. they need men in order to have children and therefore continue on their traditions.
Escape my reality chapter 4 . 6/12/2010
YES! so glad they finally found out!
Escape my reality chapter 2 . 6/12/2010
THIS STORY IS AMAZING! im hyperventilating right now just waiting for them all to meet. great idea to have them overhear the womens lesson and great descriptions of the city.
Beloved Daughter chapter 7 . 11/29/2009
Nice story. I do hope you haven't abandoned it... Terrible cliff-hanger, doncha know...