Reviews for Levels of Stupidity
a chapter 1 . 3/28
I liked the tidbit that Ron would have been the victim of Snape's carrot and stick approach if Harry hadn't been there. I do think Ron would have gotten at least the bezoar question correct. After all, he lives with the twins;)

I do think that the bezoar information was probably featured very early in their text books. Most likely in an introduction that covers safety procedures and the importance of careful brewing practices. Exactly the sort of thing that adventurous and impatient students would skip over on their way to the first chapter in their eagerness to "get to the good stuff." (Or, of course, lazy students who want to read as little as possible.) I suspect that while the other two questions might fluctuate each year, the bezoar question is always featured.

"I haven't had a year's teaching without at least one Weasley."

I wonder what Snape thought of Percy.
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
Great story very realistic snape
Some Body chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
I like the idea that Snape has some expectations of Harry that are just as high as those of other teachers.
jensteed chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
A great bit of insight, I really liked hearing about Snape's sorting :)
P chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Interesting story. I especially liked Snape's memory of being sorted, and how Sorting Hat found a little bit of every house's quality in him. I also really liked Hermione described as "jiggling up and down like a cauldron about to boil", a very lovely and accurate description of little Hermione, eager to show off her knowledge. :)
The idea of Neville being crucioed as a baby is interesting too. I think it might have to do with his difficulties concerning controlling his own magic. In any case, it seems possible. But if that's what happened, the teachers should really cut him some more slack (if they are doing so with other Gryffindors, I don't inderstand why are they having so little patience with Neville, poor boy). I think Snape should also go a bit easier on him... but then again he's not that good with going easy on anyone, including himself.
riverrat chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Oh yes, I can see Severus in every word you wrote. It is so like him. Another great story of yours.
I thought it interesting how Neville could have ended up the way he is by getting hit with the cruciatus as a small child.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Oh dear. Each sees one side of either story...
Snape5 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
This is a strong one-shot to read. Fun, if that's the right word, to look at the familiar scene from a different point of view. Your tone is spot on and suddenly Professor Snape says what he says because he is a complex human being and not because he is a mean nasty teacher. Severus's relationship with Neville is the one I always grapple most with. The throwaway-style thought of 'having to finish what Bella started' while funny maybe show Severus in a more callous light that he deserves? But maybe you are just spot on character and I just want him to be more compassionate.
dinosoprano chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was really well written. I really enjoyed it. Is this really all you're writing for this story? You could do a lot more and I think lots of people would be really excited about it.
bd chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
wonderful story, very Snape like!
notwolf chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This is exactly how I see Snape! Snarky, brooding, but truthful in what he sees-or thinks he is seeing. I like his rationale for why he treated Neville, Hermione, and Potter the way he did-very believable.

Memorable lines:

"To loathe me once I'm teaching him, that would be expected and normal"

"If I have to contend with this level of stupidity throughout his schooling I'm liable to finish what Bella started and murder him."

Very clever!
Keppiehed chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Wow, I really enjoyed it. So much attention to detail, and you stayed very true to character. A brilliant gem of a story. Thanks for sharing!
adjfgalgaleiugfaluiger chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
HAHA! "The Boy-Who-Larked-Around" OMG! I laughed so hard! But really. Great writing! You're the type of author I aspire to be. I never thought of Snape analyzing his first encounter with Harry in this way. Snape is awesome!
Mrs.Bookworm chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Great. Even being a Snape fan, I haven't thought yet about Potter's very first day... of course it's obvious that Snape would think Potter loated him on the Welcome Feast, but maybe in an AU he would've practiced Legilimens and all the series would lack the enmity... but well, Snape wouldn't be Snape and we would be unable to defend him and despise Potter's attitude toward him. Excellent work, as always.
mercurywrites chapter 1 . 2/9/2009