Reviews for The one I love Is...
echo42 chapter 1 . 7/5
Wow, this story is so old it still has working hyperlinks...lol
Dorozhand chapter 17 . 3/26
Not gonna lie, you actually had me bawling right along with Shinji when he was dealing with the grief of Rei's death. Like, holy shit man you are one hell of a writer.
This was a great story. It moved me to tears at the end. And I just want to say thank you for sharing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Firstly: Your story rocks. It was one of the first Evangelion fics that I ever read -I started reading it back when you had just published chapter 5!- and I love it.

It is also the only Eva fic that I have read in almost fifteen years that seriously and throughly explores what could have happened if the three Children would have been in a real love triangle instead of being completely oblivious to each other's feelings.

Your characterization is great, mainly Shinji and Asuka's depiction, although I think that Rei come across like a Mary Sue sometimes. Anyway I guess that you will be retired or mostly retired after completing The Chosen, but I hope that someday you write another Asuka/Shinji fanfic. I would love reading it.

By the way, if someone wants to read the side-stories, the "The One I Love Is" tvtropes page has links where they can be found.
John Spangler chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Well, what colud I say about this story? The idea of a love triangle is bizarre, expecially considering the characters involved in this story. However, you managed to do it in a good and realistic way. The ending almost made make me cry, and the omakes were really nice. Compliments.
Akuma-Heika chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
is this finished? Will it be finished? All of the things on the defunct geocities, will they be transferred elsewhere?
James chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Love Love LOVE TOILI but went to your webpage and it sayas it is taken down :( /cry
Not sure if you even still look on here but by some chance you still do can you email me and let me know if the site will be back up and if not i was hoping if not too much trouble you could link or name the titles to the side stories you and others wrote for the story!

I look foward to hearing from you one way or the other :)
a HUGE fan,
James
My email is
edboy4926 chapter 17 . 5/21/2013
Awesome story
Nice that Asuka won, but I was in favor of Rei, oh well.
ColorlessWind chapter 14 . 11/28/2012
So so so so GOOOOD!
sk8erry chapter 17 . 8/9/2012
chapter 17 really freaked me out!
He Who Tells the Truth chapter 6 . 10/8/2011
I don't know if it's intentional, but Rei's coming off as extremely unlikeable and bitchy here.
Elim Morrow chapter 14 . 9/19/2011
I just discovered this recently and read through it in a day. I've never been a very articulate reviewer, especially with things I like, so I apologize if this review comes off as somewhat rambly and confusing. I love what you did with this story. I've always been in a bit of an awkward position on Eva shipping, since I still enjoy Rei as a character despite shipping Shinji and Asuka, and this story worked so well with her. Good to see a story play with the possibility of Rei pushing past her emotional repression to try and reach out to someone. I cried when Rei III showed up.

The alternate ending is both horrifying and fascinating. The idea of Shinji making his father's mistakes all over again... chills man. Brilliant.

The entire story hit a lot of the things I love most about Eva so well, especially with Gendo, a man I could never completely hate, and one of the hardest characters to write well. I hate what he did for it, and I despise who he became while doing it, but everything he did, every manipulation, every crime, every act of evil, was motivated by his love for Yui. The "I will see you again, even if I have to damn myself and the entire world to do it." kind of love. Except for his dalliances with the Doctors Akagi, which grew from simple human loneliness and weakness. The man is so much like his son that it hurts. In fact, the difficulty of writing Gendo is why I'm not currently planning to write any Eva fics despite adoring the series. You write far beyond my meager skills, and my hat is off to you.
Kal banga chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Hi Alain, im a fried of Ayanami-san and Souryu-san (Carlos Jacobs and Francisco Neto, two translators of your history TOILI). I a am a brazilian and my english is poor, but i will do my best in this mensage. The Brazilian Version of TOILI have Chapters very diffcult to find, and i want to publishe your TOILI history in a new blog. Please, if you can send to me all the chapters you have i will be very happy, and more ficwriters brazilian will be happy too. I beg you, please, this is very important to Brazilian Fanfiction History, because the first HP of Fanfics in brazil born to publishe your excelent TOILI!

Thanks for the attention!
Neferius chapter 17 . 3/26/2009
I am simply amazed with this story. I really wasn't sure who Shinji would choose, thanks to your excellent writing.

This story has definitely given me a few good ideas I might use in my own writing to help keep it realistic.

Great work...even though it's been ten years since it was originally started.

Read ya Later.
Materia-Blade chapter 7 . 6/13/2008
Hahaha! The last omake... Hahah!

Hahah!