Reviews for The Lost Tales of A Steward's Son
Otto's Goat chapter 11 . 12/25/2004
Oh, now I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter. You leave off in such awful spots! -shakes finger-

So will our hero be accompanying the Fellowship? Heh, that should be fun! Cheers!
Lackwit chapter 11 . 12/25/2004
Denhamir is deliciously amoral, though I don't think he is actually bad (which makes it worse, in a way). I hope he never reforms, never recants, and is never saved by the love of a virtuous woman LOL. His total self absorption makes him a very interesting protagonist.

gg Faramir!

Are we going to get any more pearls of wisdom from Boromir? Please!
Elenhin chapter 11 . 12/25/2004
How much trouble can one person cause in one evening, would you care for a list?

That is the question that should never be asked, i am glad that it was asked, I will love to know the answer since I have a feeling it will be a lot.

I once read that before one asked a question one should ask if one truly wanted to hear the answer. It is a very interesting point.

Hmm, Faramir has met a girl, that is very interesting. I would love to hear more about that. She seems to like him very much, well, I can understand that. Faramir tends to be popular with the ladies. He is polite, can one imagine Faramir walking up to a pretty girl and ask something vulgar.

Oups, there you have it, I asked, and yet I do not wish to hear the answer, since I am sure anyone with a lively mind could phantom him doing it.

Drat, now I almost imagined it because I was thinking about it. Well my point stands. Questions are dangerous.

Anyway, great chapter, very much so.I worshiped the screen it showed up on.

Elenhin chapter 10 . 12/17/2004
It is getting interesting, only one night left, one night should be enough,

enough for what? I am getting curious enough that the cat is feeling threatened to his position.

Wounderfully done, Boromir have been thinking, and he actually managed to follow the thought all the way to a conclusion.

Are you sure that Boromir is not related to Kalten, in David Eddings novels, they look to be twins to me.

What the cat is really raving about is the coment Elrond made.

“Faramir?” said Elrond with a frown. “What are you doing here?”

Faramir has met Elrond, when did that happen, the cat is feeling very faint and has decided that it is quite posible to die out of curiosity.

Also my computer have gone on strike because I kept checking for an update every third second. Not kidding, I have thus far been unable to boot said computer, that is Beep2.

The computer I use now, Vape8 is still loyal to me.

Or rather he wants to read the update as well.

This tale is just simply wounderfull.

Otto's Goat chapter 10 . 12/16/2004
Yes, it was a compliment. Only special people are placed in my profile...

I am not Otto, but being called "goat" does rub off on a person the wrong way, so I guess you can call me 'Otto'.

Well, I've sometimes noticed that I tend to write stories that are altogether not too cheery when feeling blue, blue-grey, grey... Didn't mean to offend if by that comment, I was just going from somewhat person experiancs. Hope your da's feeling better.

Back to the story: I know there aren't that many of us who review, but don't stop. I will review each chapter until the end... I'd review some more with a phony s/n, but I don't think FF would let me do that. So you're stuck with one review a chappie from me.

Denhamir The Health Nut? I wonder if he's also a vegetarian...

-"If he wanted one of his sons to travel a long ways away in perilous situations he would have sent Faramir" ... poor, poor Faramir...

Husbandly owner? Oh, my...

Please don't make Brisaen an in-your-face macho-kick-boxing wench. Please. I beg you...

Again, too many lines I laughed out loud over to quote. Fun chappie; awaiting the next. By the way, I still haven't seen Denhamir's pic- it didn't show up the 2nd time either.
Elenhin chapter 9 . 12/8/2004
Well done as always,I was intruged by the dream. I could not discern whatever it was a dream or a jump into the future at first, so I was locked to the screen untill I read further down the page.

I like how Denhamir was certain Boromir would not be up for several houers, just to have him coming up behind him. Hard to predict our Boromir, eh.

I also like the thought of them two sitting and discussing Faramir's love life as mentioned. I can see it in front of me.

"Ah, yes, the blond one."

"The bruntette was something."

Over and over again, heh, Faramir would be humiliated and that would be so amusing. I would love to read it if they got around to it.

It goes to say again that the dream was very well written.

Nikoru Sanzo chapter 9 . 12/8/2004
The sudden serious turn in the story was nice even as it gave me a jolt, ne? ~_

Oh, cliff-hangie! Who's the lass, then? D
Ott. eh you know who this is chapter 9 . 12/7/2004
An update! Three cheers!

Tone quite different, nothing silly this time, but that doesn't matter. Well done as usual. You know what this felt like? As though you wrote this while thoroughly depressed...

You had me scared there for a moment, wondering what the heck was going on and whether I had somehow missed the last chapter...

A love interest! Can Denhamir handle a girl? I mean, REALLY... is he capable of thinking beyond himself? I guess we'll see...

I have an 'ad' up for your story in my profile. Hmm, don't ask me why.

And thanks for the extra-long chapter. Now go and brainstorm the next. Cheers!
Elenhin chapter 8 . 12/1/2004
I am begining to agree with Denhamir more and more, why not allow the orcs into the council. It might be that there are some nice orcout there. Just read The White Rod by Evendim, Lurtz is nice.

Honestly it is an interesting idea, but I fear that should I sugest such a thing I would be punched as well.

Still, the tale is comming around great.

Otto's Goat chapter 8 . 11/30/2004
..."But I am speaking to anyone who will listen,” said Denhamir. “The main criteria I look for in an listening audience is if they are breathing.”

And the women/cooking part- funny. 'Civilian Orc Restoration' as well. But the chapter was too short and didn't tell us enough. Your next chapter better be twice as long if you expect a review...

BTW, the picture on your site doesn't show up, instead it shows a 'image hosted by angelfire' message.
Nikoru Sanzo chapter 7 . 11/23/2004
Yay(!) for Denhamir! Voice of the Women & the er... Orcs?

Can't wait until Denhamir meets the Fellowship! XD
Elenhin chapter 7 . 11/19/2004
Much humor,very much humor. I am afraid I have toagree with Denhamir, there could be a nice little orc out there. Why should he not be alowed to speak.

Denhamir is a sly little thing, it is very interesting to see what he is up to.

Kind regards Elenhin/Mat the Starchild
Otto's Goat chapter 7 . 11/18/2004
Do you know how annoying it is to have someone on your authort alert list and keep recieving e-mails that have nothing to do with the particular story you're interested in? Do you? Hm? How many BEEPing Van Helsing stories do you have? Good grief...!

Anyway...

Funny, as always:

“...He is the Steward’s second heir, and were anything to happen to me—
Otto's Goat chapter 3 . 11/5/2004
Oh, I messed up near the end of that review. What I meant to say was that the whole "capitals" bit was hilarious and I was also wondering if I could use that line about Faramir waving his arms; "the loose woman" episode... in my profile? I would put down that it was you who wrote it and that it comes from this story... I just read that and I crack up until it hurts...!
Otto's Goat chapter 6 . 11/4/2004
Lol, great chapter. I'm not good at explaining what I like, so I'll just copy & paste the things that cracked me up... or most of it, since you probablly don't want a copy of the entire chapter as a review.

"...Briefly Denhamir wondered what his mother’s fault had been. A weakness for strong, over-bearing men, perhaps..."

"...Elrond now rose and walked to the window. Staring from it, he proclaimed, “The time has now come, Boromir of Gondor, to suppress the Evil that stirs in the hearts of many.
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »