Reviews for Escape Not Always An Option
Storm-Horse101 chapter 10 . 7/18/2010
I know I'm reviewing this late, but I just found this story and I can't resist. Great chapter. Jack Sparrow, John Nightengale, James Swift. Soon the guards are just going to start arresting everyone who has a first name that starts with J, and a kind of bird for a last name.
JaxLass chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Fantasic story! I don't usually read Jack/Ana fics but this one was well worth the exception! I actually found a few similarities to one of my own stories here, but I can't mention what they were, sorry. Great job!
Guest chapter 13 . 7/20/2007
Ah, well done!

A tale worthy of the Top Ten Fanfic lists.
katyana chapter 13 . 7/23/2006
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that this is your hundredth review! Do I win a prize? :D

I enjoyed this story immensely - and that's saying something, as it had very little of either Will or Elizabeth in it, and its main pairing was Jack/Ana, one I don't usually go for. But it was fantastically written and very true to the characters. Brilliant!
beautillion chapter 13 . 5/27/2006
Fantastic story, loved every bit of it. Keep up the good work!
matchynishi chapter 13 . 6/30/2005
Very cool fic. I can't believe I missed it till now! Anyways, this absolutely goes on my faves list. Awesome, well written stuff... Two thumbs up! XD
Kayden Eidyak chapter 13 . 2/3/2005
Haha! Brilliant! Positively brilliant. :) I'm glad you didn't decide to let Jack die. That would have been too much with the Pearl being sunk too. Tragic, that. Anyhoo, think of somehing else to write about and be quick about it, savvy? ;)
Kayden Eidyak chapter 12 . 2/3/2005
Hm. That went well. :) Surprisingly enough. I thought there might be some small hiccup. But that was good.
Kayden Eidyak chapter 11 . 2/3/2005
Lovely job there, Eledhwen. Very clever of Jack, though I expect it won't turn out to be quite that simple.
cal chapter 13 . 1/4/2005
well, if your author's note hadn't given it away, the last 2 words did! :( THE END? ALREADY? :( i read as i review, so i scroll down to the bottom to open up the window, so i received a rude shock! :( anyway...whew! had a nasty scare when i read about the naval vessel! LOVED the description of the Caribbean beach & Miss Ana's reaction to it! :) LOVED the cordial feelings between the 2 pirates & Capt. Harvey! :) i was very touched when Jack told him that he would spread the word that the Rosemary was to be unharmed! YAY! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it when Jack finally revealed his true self to his fellow captain! that was an awesome scene & i bet that poor Capt. Harvey was stunned speechless when he found out just who his crew member had been! :) i also thought it incredibly sweet & cute when he threw in a "savvy" for Ana's sake! :) i laughed a lot when i read Ana's question regarding Jack's sanity or lack of it & his response to her. i laughed again when Ana pointed out to Jack that his behavior matched that of the "retirees" he was scoffing at. that was cute & funny as well! :) LOVED it when Jack said that he would tell the stories, but that he would also *add* to the tales! YAY, JACK IS BACK! :) loved the little reunion with Ana & her former compatriot & Jack! i laughed a lot when Jack ruefuelly told Ana that he was going to re-bead his hair as soon as it was long enough to do so. that was cute. :) i enjoyed the reaction of the crowd to the great news that Jack Sparrow was indeed alive & well! :) i sighed a bit with sadness when Ana made her silent get-away. it was such an Ana-thing to do: to let Jack have all the attention & glory. just another sign of how much the hellcat really loves her captain. :) YAY! i was so glad when Jack went to her, not that i was surprised by his actions! :) OMG! i melted when Jack opened up to Ana & told her that he finally realized that there was more to life than the Pearl! YAY! the man has finally seen the light! :) my heart ached for the hellcat when she was feeling very uncomfortable with the new tension between her & Jack. poor Ana, she's just as afraid of her feelings as Jack was! :( YAY! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it when the daft man FINALLY kissed his lady as she should be kissed! :) that moment scorched my computer screen! :) LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the ending scene! it was so romantic & wonderful! the last line was FANTASTIC & was a beautiful ending to a beautiful tale! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL GIFT! i'm so glad that you did end up pairing the pirates after all! that was the best be-lated Christmas present i've ever received! :) to show my gratitude for the tale i shall send you a dozen red, cyber roses & a box of exspensive chocolates. (if you're allergic, then i'll have to sacrifice & eat 'em myself! :)) thank you once again for this beauty of a tale! :) keep up the great work & please post us more & soon! :)
cal chapter 12 . 1/4/2005
the tension ratcheted up several notches when the pirates boarded! :( LOVED all of the description of the hostile takeover! my heart stopped for a bit when the pirate captain wanted to know which sailor had recognized his ship! :( methinks that that same heart nearly burst with love & pride when i read that Miss Ana was ready to spring to Jack's aid should he require it! :) that was such a romantic & sigh-inducing moment! :) hopefully the daft captain will start to realize just how much his first mate cares for him! :) i gulped when Capt. Harvey asked Jack & Ana to come to his quarters; it was almost as if the 2 of them were being called into the principal's office! :( i laughed when Ana was thinking that her new, temporary captain was going to get one of Jack's philosophy lessons & she was sympathizing with him because of it. too cute! :) i was a little surprised when the dou didn't reveal that Andre was really Ana. i guess they want to keep some things secret. :) i LOVED the end where Jack was so happy & carefree & poor Ana was so exasperated! it was just like everything was normal again! :) i'm off to review the next chapter, see ya in a few minutes! :)
cal chapter 11 . 1/4/2005
hey! i go away on an extended vacation & you post *3* new chappys! i *knew* i shouldn't have gone anywhere! :) my reviews will be brief, since i still have a bunch of stories to catch up on...my heart was filled with happiness when i saw that life on the sea was good for Jack! :) YAY! our Captain will be coming back! :) i laughed a little bit the quite domestic image of the pirate captain & his fierce hellcat *mending* clothes! :) that was very unexpected & quite un-pirate-y! :) the tension when the chase was on was very suffocating! those were some excellent scenes! i LOVED it when Ana was thinking that Jack was beginning to show his real self! :) YAY! also LOVED it when Jack reassured Miss Ana in his own voice that he knew what he was doing & that she should trust him. :) argh! what a cliffy! i'm off to read & review the next 2 chapters. see you in a few minutes! :)
Zwarte Parel chapter 13 . 1/2/2005
Ah ha, now the title makes sense! A fine ending, although I can't quite see that lasting forever...

I still like Harvey, he's a good egg all around, although Jack was sensible to light out quickly after telling the whole truth.

Splendid story! Great addition to your series of Jack fics.
Zwarte Parel chapter 11 . 1/2/2005
*laughing* I love that Jack picks someone from Whitby to borrow an accent from. Tell me, does he have a piece of jet among all his bangles, then?

Captain Harvey is good, a very sensible fellow. I really hope that Jack's plan works and the Rosemary survives, with her crew! And maybe there will be a happy ending after all.
Zwarte Parel chapter 9 . 1/2/2005
Well, good for Will! That pleased me - he found a way to help that wasn't too risky. Why do I get the feeling that young Jimmy might just consider going to sea himself someday?

Sensible of Jack about the beard and hair, even if he's not happy about it. I forget that Anamaria might have known Bootstrap, and some of the others; she is old enough.

The little details like the building of St. Paul's, and the dubious meat from vendors, are very good additions, lend a nice background texture to the story. That's another thing easily forgotten at present, that there was all sorts of "fast food" back in the 18th century. :-)