Reviews for A New Job
Tony-El chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Very interesting story. Too bad there isn't any sequels I would definitely be interested in that.
buffyrules-115 chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
nice teal'c was very well portraed so was jack
B Oots chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
I really enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
excellent
Mousewolf chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
heheh jack, all the subtlely of a slegde hammer good story.
D chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Good start... lot of discrepancies with Stargate... the main being with the 40 minutes cut-off of the gate... A stargate can only be open for 38 minutes, if I recall correctly, it's been mentioned often in various episode... Also they accepted lot of stuff quite rapidly, which is surprising coming from the military...

Otherwise, I like how the story start off, and I can see lot of character development coming on...

Good work in general
LittleDrusilla chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
This is really good. You should Write more!
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Loving Jack's in-denial humor and the fact that the others see-believe enough to want to research how it can help.

Sorry to see Wes go, but I can kind of accept your interpretation of Illyria wanting to be Fred part time.
gaul1 chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
interesting senario, byes
AngusH chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Very clever. I particularly liked the way that Illyria and Fred have merged together rather than Illyria just overwhelming Fred.

Excellent in all ways.

I hope that you might consider writing more stories along similar lines?
Amy chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
The Stargate character accepted things way too fast and they seemed out of character. Also, if the Stargate is staying open for forty minutes now, then it's actually working better. A Stargate can only stay open for thirty-eight minutes at a time. I don't remember what Stargate: SG-1 episode this was established on, but on the Stargate: Atlantis episode Thiry Eight Minutes it was a prominent part of the plot.
rhia chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
the story is pretty wird but it could go good places.

A point to note is that no wormhole can be held open longer than 38 minutes in non sigularity conditions.
raven chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
There are several problems with this. First, SGC does extensive background checks after all the spies and sabateurs sent by other agencies. Willow has a record-with the Initiative if nothing else-she would not pass. Second-it is part of canon that the gate closes after a short interval-several episodes as well as fanfic have been created or based on the idea that the gate is in a holding pattern-even Stargate Atlantis has had an episode focusing on this and it hasn't even finished it's first season. Third-if Willow is working on the computer systems she would have known there was something wrong with the gate. Geeks talk to each other-even when they shouldn't. Even if they didn't talk to each other, she would notice an increase in specialists rehabing parts and never leaving until the problem is fixed. Fourth-Jack is IC the first section, and OOC at the end-please take a look and either have him consistently IC or OOC. Fifth-spell check, please.

Before you think I didn't like this story-I loved Jason not realizing she is gay-bit confused by the surgery comment-it sounded like he has been considering it regardless? Willow knowing Ilyria was an old one was also on target, although Willow wanting to contact Tara seemed off. Confirm Tara was happy in heaven I can see, what with the Buffy debacle, but talk to her? Why? Looking forward to more-just take a minute with spellcheck/beta reader before the next section please.
Kate chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
According to the series, the Gate has only been able to stay open for about 33 minutes before it automatically shuts down.
WhiteWolf 3 chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
I like it so far. Willow and Illyria is cool.