Reviews for Grasshopper
CaptainCalvinCat chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Oh yes - children can be cruel.
But that is an interesting poem, that you have conjured up.
Good work. *thumbs up*
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Excellent poem. Very well written. Your cynicism is perfect for this moment in time when Erik really did expect Christine to chose death over life as his bride.
MadLizzy chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
That was brilliant! It is not only original, but it captures tremendous emotion and power with strenuous economy of words. I am most impressed. ~ml
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
‘Scorpion’

By: The Cookie

If one perchance should cast a glance

Within the darkened room,

Beneath the stairs and ghostly glares-

An old forgotten tomb.

A casket sits amidst the mix

Of music, death, and prawns.

Although it not deserves a thought,

We’ll sing it strangled songs.

For look inside and see The Bride

of Horror’s Gruesome Glory,

A tiny thing, with which to bring

Some lovely, twisted story...

Of gasping breaths, and morbid deaths,

And here a poem or two.

Such work would be enough to lurk,

And leave a small review.

“O what is there? What more to share?”

The cookies loves and praises.

“There’s nothing more that I implore…

Unless it’s drunken dazes.”

*mwah*
Senna Wales chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
I love the final lines:

"I do regret to say farewell—

Children can be so cruel."

That's so Erik to say that. :)
Mlee chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
Nice.
once within a dream chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Heh, heh... Erik is finally calling Christine what she truly is: A child! Very good poetry... one thing I cannot write. _
RhiannonLove chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
This poem seems so obviously Erik - however do you capture him so well? The imagery was great, too; I love how you described everything.

In any case, the poem had me chuckling at the end(along with Erik, I suppose): "But I must leave you now, my pet / Within a child's hands / I do regret to say farewell / Children can be so cruel."

XD

That's the best.
Amber chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Very Good!
Fishy chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
You are so good. Consistently really really good. I've read most of your stuff and I'm always pleasantly surprised. Thank you.
ErikaNapoleonica chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Thank God for original ideas! We havent been getting much of them lately... this was deep, as usual it's still bouncing in my head! Beautiful!
Blonde Songbird chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Oh! I adore this! Beautiful imagery, very descriptive. I could close my eyes and imagine it! You did a wonderful job, m'dear! Keep up the great work! God bless!
Phantom Aria chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Now this is why I love poetry. The imagery in this is amazing and the whole feel of it is wonderful. Yes it is your usual style but as usual it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Lavendar chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
Wow...that's really good...like whoa. The awesomeness didn't fully hit me until I read it a second time, lol, but seriously...wow. The imagery is fantastic, I can see an eye full of fire myself! Children can be so cruel... Ah, this poem is brilliant, I love it! Thank you for giving me something awesome to read tonight, Lisa :D